• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Item database software needed.

Shaven Monkee

May 27, 2005
On your back!
Item database software needed.

I would like to have a complete item database that has search parameters.

Something that I could perhaps enter: Cannot be frozen into and it would fetch ALL the items in the game that have that particular mod.

Be even more useful if it would then list the search results according to secondary parameters. Like, by char level, item level, item type.

Think about how much easier it would be to make new builds with that type of database.

Another idea I have is to have software that would all you to make "build models". So you could figure out what would be effective or not.

Say, you wanted to see how much physical damage would be done by a particular sword type with a particular rune word in it, used by a specific class at a Char level xx with xx str and xx dex. The result of course would hafta be adjusted as you add other gear into the equation.

Be even more useful if it could also calculate how effective said sword described above would do to a particular Boss, or class of monster.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
There's no such database for 1.10 AFAIK, closest to it, is a long list of modifiers and which items have that mod. That thread was updated recently at the Barb forum.

Edit: And 1.11 too of course. :rolleyes:

NecroWraith

Jul 21, 2004
access database...

RTB said:
There's no such database for 1.10 AFAIK, closest to it, is a long list of modifiers and which items have that mod. That thread was updated recently at the Barb forum.

Edit: And 1.11 too of course. :rolleyes:

Not long ago I had posted this same question and was told the same thing.. Best bet would be to log everything and create your own database using MS Access and then set up a site and charge a few bucks to download it. One thing for sure is if it was complete I know a few people including myself that woud pay the money to have a database like one you discribed..

Shaven Monkee

May 27, 2005
On your back!
I wouldn't charge for that. If I were to do it, I would ask to have it linked here for download.

I will investigate in makin my own....hopefully I will not be true to my name and get it done right. :)

Ax2Grind

Apr 19, 2004
EXSN-*Ax2Grind, EXSL-*New2TheGame30
Shaven Monkee said:
I wouldn't charge for that. If I were to do it, I would ask to have it linked here for download.

I will investigate in makin my own....hopefully I will not be true to my name and get it done right. :)

Unless you plan to use a script to read the .MPQ files you'll need to type in everything by hand. It's not hard to do but time consuming and the appropriate format is hard to explain. I wrote a partial one in XML but not sure how far I got since it's on another drive. I think I have a backup on this one but it's not up-to-date and I don't think it'd help this issue much.

Suffice it to say displaying all weapon information on a single web page was the idea, with links to full page descriptions of sets and such. I could probably draw up some still screens as an example, but this game is so old you might want to reconsider the entire ordeal.

Since it's in XML then all properties could be used for search parameters and give the capability of finding 'Crushing Blow,' 'Open Wounds,' and everything else, whether it be armor, weapon, rune or otherwise. I even pitched this as something DiabloII.net could use to make dynamic web pages, but it never amounted to anything.