• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

It is not Forever :(

Rekoc

Apr 30, 2004
texas
It is not Forever :(

Diablo II Accounts Closed
Nebu on August 11, 2005

We have just closed more than 36,000 accounts for cheating on Battle.net. More than 28,000 CD keys tied to these accounts have been disabled from Realm play on Battle.net for one month, and more than 3,000 CD keys have been permanently disabled from Realm play due to repeat offenses. Please see the Battle.net FAQ for details on our anti-cheating procedure. As a reminder, the Battle.net news window that Diablo II players see after logging in has had a long-running warning against the use of hacks, clearly indicating that if we detect that cheating is taking place, the offending accounts may be closed without notice and the CD keys tied to these accounts may likewise be disabled without notice. Today’s account closures reflect our zero-tolerance policy against cheating, as well as our effort to prepare the Realms for the new ladder season. We appreciate the support of the thousands of legitimate Diablo II players in helping us keep Battle.net a secure and fun place to play Blizzard games.

Edit....I love MicahW lol. Funny man.

Rekoc

Apr 30, 2004
texas
Been reading threw some of the OmG WTf BlIzZ SUcKZor posts and micah said they was banning for some other type of hack and D2loader as well guys.

tooie1

Jul 4, 2003
The moral of this story: Never Iron
Rekoc said:
Been reading threw some of the OmG WTf BlIzZ SUcKZor posts and micah said they was banning for some other type of hack and D2loader as well guys.

Well, I'll let you know if they start banning people who use D2Loader :)

The issue with D2Loader is mostly likely the "Hack Pack" which is a separate add-on containing all sorts of nasties. I'm not aware of a version for 1.11 but haven't really kept up with it.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't keep 2 separates accounts logged into to bnet from the same computer any more, whether this was intentional on Blizz's part, I don't know.

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
tooie1 said:
One thing I've noticed is that I can't keep 2 separates accounts logged into to bnet from the same computer any more, whether this was intentional on Blizz's part, I don't know.

It was. I suppose this is to prevent rune rushes.

ShockTactics

Aug 8, 2005
West Lothian
www.alldumb.com
I don't personally think they'll keep up with this. The way I see it, they are doing a few bits and bobs to keep players coming back to a rather old game now (new patch, new ladder, standard of heroes...if there is anything to it), amongst these things, also including the temporary/permanent ban of CD accounts. Appart from most of the Blizzard team leaving for one reason or another, blizz have a new money maker for them...WoW :(

NEURO_CKY

Feb 13, 2004
Ashland,Oregon
www.ckymusic.com
bah!!!

Ankeli said:
It was. I suppose this is to prevent rune rushes.

AWWW MAN!! with all good news there had to be some bad news...

good news: cheaters get pwned..GG! :clap: :clap:

bad news: i now have another set of cd keys for nothing. (use to do rune rushes....which honestly was one of the few ways a legit player could amass some wealth.... :confused: )

o well.....overall im happy with the events that have transpired. now to go smash my 2nd set of keys with a sledge. :thumbsup:

**EDIT**: @ sonikki- would it really be that impossible to fork out the 40 dollars(maybe less) for another disc??? especially if you like the game and enjoy playing it?

CampKillYourself

soj ft nr nt

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
NEURO_CKY said:
AWWW MAN!! with all good news there had to be some bad news...

good news: cheaters get pwned..GG! :clap: :clap:

bad news: i now have another set of cd keys for nothing. (use to do rune rushes....which honestly was one of the few ways a legit player could amass some wealth.... :confused: )

o well.....overall im happy with the events that have transpired. now to go smash my 2nd set of keys with a sledge. :thumbsup:

CampKillYourself

rune rushing is cheating

NEURO_CKY

Feb 13, 2004
Ashland,Oregon
www.ckymusic.com
soj ft nr nt said:
rune rushing is cheating

hardly see how its cheating.

1. i payed for TWO sets of cd keys
2. i payed for the nice comp that runs these keys smoothly
3. im operating each chars every movement (ie: not botting behavior,etc.)
4. im doing all the work by making a strong char...then taking the time to rush this char myself.....

im still not seeing how im "cheating". iether way it cant be done anymore anyway....so it doesnt really matter.........now does it.

CampKillYourself

soj ft nr nt

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
NEURO_CKY said:
hardly see how its cheating.

1. i payed for TWO sets of cd keys
2. i payed for the nice comp that runs these keys smoothly
3. im operating each chars every movement (ie: not botting behavior,etc.)
4. im doing all the work by making a strong char...then taking the time to rush this char myself.....

im still not seeing how im "cheating". iether way it cant be done anymore anyway....so it doesnt really matter.........now does it.

CampKillYourself

you are not supposed to make characters just to use their quest bonuses, e.g. their runes from their forge. Any type of rushing is cheating, technically. It's obviously cheating if they took measures to prevent it, so don't try to argue.

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
I also dislike rune rushing. I also dislike skipping a3 etc. etc. too, its just not the way the game was meant to be played.

MoUsE_WiZ

Nov 19, 2003
Inside my head.
It is cheating in one sense:
B.Net ToA said:
(xvii) create or maintain, under any circumstance, more than one simultaneous connection to Battle.net.
Rune rushing is not necessarily cheating, but having 2 accounts connected at once to do it is breaking the ToA which can be argued is a type of cheating (as the ToA is really the only set of rules that you agree to, and in a game breaking the rules=cheating).

soj ft nr nt

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
YouHaveMail said:
Lol, it's not cheating, and you have possibly the worst argument for it being cheating ever.

It is cheating. It's not how you're supposed to play the game at all. You are supposed to get the runes from your own forge and trade for other runes, but not get free runes like that.

NEURO_CKY

Feb 13, 2004
Ashland,Oregon
www.ckymusic.com
YouHaveMail said:
Lol, it's not cheating, and you have possibly the worst argument for it being cheating ever.

thx for saving me the time to type that out youhavemail!

you know whats funny:
the same people that tell me im cheating for rushing a char (w/o a third party program mind you) are the same people saying that were "being too hard" on all the cheaters who got banned recently. kinda ironic.......dont you think?!?
I do however fully agree with mouse_wizs post. in that sense it could be considered breaking one of b-nets terms of agreement.

CampKillYourself

Jun 27, 2003
Australia
Visit site
So you're not allowed to have 2 comps, 2 copies like me?

Seems strange...

Also, some good news (I think) on the rushing front -

I just noticed that it doesn't seem like you have to get the viper amulet quest anymore to get to arcane.

Time to bust out the tomb-opener chars again!

soj ft nr nt

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
NEURO_CKY said:
thx for saving me the time to type that out youhavemail!

you know whats funny:
the same people that tell me im cheating for rushing a char (w/o a third party program mind you) are the same people saying that were "being too hard" on all the cheaters who got banned recently. kinda ironic.......dont you think?!?
I do however fully agree with mouse_wizs post. in that sense it could be considered breaking one of b-nets terms of agreement.

CampKillYourself

I'm not saying it's wrong to rune rush... I would do it if I had a second pair of keys too. However, in Blizzard's eyes it is cheating and I don't like how people say "oh man maphack is so stupid i hate cheaters" while they cheat too. Just because you aren't using a program to do it doesn't mean it's okay.

P.S. look up "irony" in the dictionary.

Rekoc

Apr 30, 2004
texas
soj ft nr nt said:
It is cheating. It's not how you're supposed to play the game at all. You are supposed to get the runes from your own forge and trade for other runes, but not get free runes like that.

Ok, well if you want to go that far you can also say that muleling is cheating. Because you were not meant to mule. You was meant to find the stuff on that char and wear it or trade for it. Not move the items to another character to hold.