• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

isnt it funny how things work

tinncann25

Apr 4, 2004
isnt it funny how things work

you give away all ur moderately good gear one week leaving a few completely equiped characters

the next week all ur characters get hacked and stripped

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
tinncann25 said:
you give away all ur moderately good gear one week leaving a few completely equiped characters

the next week all ur characters get hacked and stripped
I'm assuming you are talking about yourself and I'm going to guess that whoever got "hacked and stripped" made that possible by using some third party program or falling for some other trick like the old /dnd scam.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
don't use hacks.......and remember to use a scramble of words and numbers for your password

i have done these two things and have never been "hacked" since i started playing d2 b.net in 1.04

tinncann25

Apr 4, 2004
guys i been here for a while i wont touch hacks

i think it was one of my friends but things happen and im just waiting for this what goes around comes aroudn thing :clap:

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
please don't ban me.
www.abbasite.com
guys don't jump on tinncann about the hacks and stuff....i am pretty sure it was a friend who took his itamz....yes he did give out his p/w to a friend(i have too...no big deal)....last week his friend who had me on his f list whispered an account and pass to everyone on his list....i did pay attention to the account name but it was probably tinncanns

nice thing about this is the timing...with the ladder reset we are all starting over again!!

IronCamel

Jul 5, 2004
From the first time I saw the /dnd thing I assumed it was a scam. But what does /dnd actually do?

IronCamel

Jul 5, 2004
Ah right, I see how that works then :(. I thought it must give them the details in some way, but didn't think Blizzard would put in a command like that!