• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Is this for real?

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
Is this for real?

Just checking what's out on the ladder Useast on ebay.... bumped into this:

Check ebay now for "useast ladder runes" in search....
I thought they'll get there but this soon?

I honestly don't think this dude is anywhere near legitimate and the items smell like a scam even if he's a duper who managed to dupe 1000s of hi runes. What made me suspicious is the duplication of the runeword armors, hi level items, etc etc. From what i've seen, he already managed to collect 100s of dollars from people who should know better.

I hope for our sake, he's just a stupid scammer.

*shakes head*

Mark

tactik

Aug 21, 2003
Reykjavík, Iceland
Visit site
This is crazy! The same seller has the exact same items for sale on USWest too. I didn't think anyone could even get every type of rune this early in the season to dupe. So I'm wondering, are they created out of nothing??? Either that or that guy is not going to deliver.

Thankfully there are no items for sale for season 3 Europe so far. I hope it stays that way!

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
tactik said:
This is crazy! The same seller has the exact same items for sale on USWest too. I didn't think anyone could even get every type of rune this early in the season to dupe. So I'm wondering, are they created out of nothing??? Either that or that guy is not going to deliver.

Thankfully there are no items for sale for season 3 Europe so far. I hope it stays that way!

I honestly think he's FOS. These people will be left with nothing considering the sales have completed over 1 day ago and he's got a single feedback for these sales from a user he probably created himself.

All I can say is buyer beware. If these people don't care about cheating and hacking and want instant gratification, I suggest they meet him in a game so he can pop some of the goodies in a trade window to prove he's got em.

Mark

Sir_Magnus

Sep 17, 2004
USA, East Coast
tactik said:

I just wanted to say that your avatar is really freakin gross, I would think something like that shouldnt be allowed.

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
Phyrexial said:
Report the link to Blizzard or ebay and they will most likely have it taken down. Alot of the ebay auctions as of late have been shut down.

Wow, since when have they started taking down auctions? I see plenty of legitimate ones though. Are they going to do the same for WOW?

Hmm, where do I report or do i send a link to [email protected]?

Thanks

jmervyn

Jun 24, 2003
NYC
www.rpgtraders.net
markDweasel said:
All I can say is buyer beware. If these people don't care about cheating and hacking and want instant gratification, I suggest they meet him in a game so he can pop some of the goodies in a trade window to prove he's got em.

I'm all for it - you go, guy! Maybe some of the morons who will pay cash for virtual items will catch a clue after this guy rips them off, and maybe some will after their Daddy's ID is stolen. Those of us who play the game to, well, PLAY THE GAME will be chortling in the background. Thought I'd have kittens when my first norm Meph dropped both a Cleg sword and a uniq helm... you can't buy fun of this nature.

Well, you <can> buy fun, but that's only legal in certain states like Nevada.

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
jmervyn said:
I'm all for it - you go, guy! Maybe some of the morons who will pay cash for virtual items will catch a clue after this guy rips them off, and maybe some will after their Daddy's ID is stolen. Those of us who play the game to, well, PLAY THE GAME will be chortling in the background. Thought I'd have kittens when my first norm Meph dropped both a Cleg sword and a uniq helm... you can't buy fun of this nature.

Well, you <can> buy fun, but that's only legal in certain states like Nevada.

When there's a market there will always be pimps.:)

Some actaully are legit sellers who MF for profit ( aren't there some here?) while others take the shortcuts or sweatshop labour to get rich.

Mark