• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Is Meterorb effective in Hell?

newerest

Jan 28, 2005
Houston, Texas
netbux.org
My meterorb fueled my ladder chars with all of the items that I could ever want.

And, I only started ladder for the insights, I walked away with a couple of griefs and forts. (I started ladder a month before reset )

I might add that I only survived because I had 1k life, 1k mana and I used energy shield along with an insight merc.

Against the ubers though, I honestly don't think a sorc, let alone a hybrid, can kill them.

Ter

Jun 25, 2003
I was in tristram with my level 90 Meteor/orb sorc...and I was pretty much only good for killing the skeleton and skeleton archer minions that kept popping up. I rained level 32 meteors down on diablo for 5 minutes and did nothing but keep the summons he was raising from swarming the meleers whacking away at him.

don't forget in tristram there are monsters immune to magic, cold, fire, lightning, and poison. Any sorceress is going to have more than a little trouble with them.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
Trist is not hell mode, it's pure hell, and I think Trist D is immune to fire...... I remember reading the stat for that somewhere. But ya, I think sorcs are not going to be soloing trist any time soon, probably never. :lol:

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
I think that pretty well covers it:

The MeteOrb sorc can kill most things that are not imune to magic or fire and cold

You can have a blast killing meph, and the regular MF runs. I recomend max bloc and some FCR to tele the hell out of a bad place.

goeagles

Jul 28, 2005
I agree that meteorb sucks against ubers, but rules against just about all other monsters (fire and cold immunes being the exception)
And i want to add a note on the last post that if you have max block, you really need faster blocking rate rather than faster hit recovery, and that i don't think it's worth the extra dexterity anyway

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
HoshNasi said:
The MeteOrb sorc can kill most things that are not imune to magic or fire and cold

They can kill immune to magic, as far as I recall. I blasted unravellers to death many times before with my fireballs.

Godz Deathz

Banned
Jul 25, 2005
usa
keep in mind that the meteorbs entire theme is versatility, i have found with my weak lvl 70 with 1400 fb, i can clear pits with some ease, until the fire and cold immune shows usually extra fast, cursed, and chanted with fanat :lol: , i which i usually have to exit.....

sexyfool

Sep 28, 2003
Australia
Visit site
My Tals (now none ladder :confused: ) Meteor/Orb Sorc was my second best all round cheap build. Great mf runner. Great key finder for countess and summoner only and good support char for clone killing. Support in trist was static only and then meteors for minion control. Now if u want a cheap char with clone killing and uber support skills u need a Mavazon in Frost maiden flavour with atma's scarab,gore riders,raven frost and natures peace. U amp em, u knock them back, u kill minions and keep them dead. Allows your smiter or conc baba to take down ubers fairly easily. :thumbsup:

LpActOfGod

Aug 3, 2005
Perth
Immune?

AnimeCraze said:
Trist is not hell mode, it's pure hell, and I think Trist D is immune to fire...... I remember reading the stat for that somewhere. But ya, I think sorcs are not going to be soloing trist any time soon, probably never. :lol:

I think i remember reading that uber d is not immune to fire but has an extremely high resisitance. Fire will dmg him - but that doesnt mean its a good one to use