• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Is Hellfire Torch Large Charm Ladder Only?

sf1

Jan 28, 2005
Is Hellfire Torch Large Charm Ladder Only?

i have been out for a while sorry for a noob question
are there any "guides" on this charm?

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
sf1 said:
i have been out for a while sorry for a noob question
are there any "guides" on this charm?

Well, don't know why you'd want a guide, it's rather simple.

Run hell countess over and over again in 8 player games until she drops Terror Keys. Keep running until you have 3.

Do the same with hell summoner, for 3 Hate keys.

And, guess again, same thing for hell nilathak, for 3 destruction keys.

Now the fun begins, get your strongest char (I do mean strongest, there aren't many chars who can take on uber clones), get a friend or two with their strongest char (it is possible to do alone, but very difficult)

Make a passworded hell game, go to act5 and open (on 3 different places in town) the uber portals by transmuting one of each key (you put 1 terror key, 1 hate key and 1 destruction key in your horadric cube and transmute)

Now you enter the portals one by one and kill/tp until you come accross a clone of a strong enemy (Matron Den has Lilith, an Andy clone, Forgotten Sands has Duriel, a Duri clone, Furnace of Pain has Izual, Izzy clone)

They all drop a bodypart (you'll see what those are) Put the 3 bodyparts in your horadric cube (in town) and transmute to open a final uber portal, Tristram.

If you enter here, you'll find an Uber Mephisto, Uber Baal, Uber Diablo and they all raise fast and a lot of Uber minions. When you killed the Uber Three (as they're referred to) the final kill will drop a Unique Large charm (the Hellfire Torch) and some kind of Flag (Standard of Heroes), sofar no one knows what it does, it seems to be a reward for killing them, like an ear when you kill a person in a duel.