• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Is Grief worth it? Or are there better options...

NewForumBloke

Jul 24, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
www.myspace.come
Is Grief worth it? Or are there better options...

Ok I'd like to go out and get a good Grief but I'm having some doubts about if it would be worth spending the currency to get one when possibly astreon's or silence or laceator gets the job done just as well. I'm making a smiter for the uber's and for duels (prolly a v/t) so any advice or opinions are welcome. I've read through the guides anda few threads but I keep changing my mind lol so if someone could get me put on the right track hopefully I can solve my delima :D .

-BLoke

middleman35

Sep 30, 2004
To put it bluntly, yes it definately is, especially for dueling. Without a grief your smite will be annoying in duels and little more. With grief, you'll one hit KO people. More damage is always good for melee characters.

vegiita

Aug 2, 2005
Alywin said:
For the ubers, a fairly inexpensive crushing blow zealot can replace the Grief smitedin, as long as you have a bunch of resistance charms.

for ubers, a silence PB is a good cheap alternative. Decent ias and 75 resistance (this is assuming u can get your CB elsewhere). As for pvp, there's no good reason not to use a grief. You're seriously at a disadvantage if you don't use it since everyone else is now.