• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Iron maiden (question)

lostcity

Jul 25, 2005
Iron maiden (question)

Does Iron Maiden work in PvP?

If so, are there any PvP penalties associated with it?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 23, 2005
It works.

If it's triggered by a player hitting a player, then it's absolutely useless.
Why?
Cause, AFAIK, the dmg you take is reduced once, for pvp penalty, and the dmg reflected is reduced AGAIN...thus, it does 1/12 of the dmg it should.

If it's triggered by a player hitting a minion, than it's brutally deadly, as there are no dmg return penalties and minions take aditional dmg from players, and you'll often see melee chars doing 1-hit-suicides.

mannyfresh

Aug 11, 2005
canada
Iron maiden does work in PvP and i love it.

However, i use it only on zealots and barbs for obvious reasons. Ah, nothing better than cursing a zealot just as he goes in for the attack :D

Kaoru

Jul 31, 2005
mannyfresh said:
Iron maiden does work in PvP and i love it.

However, i use it only on zealots and barbs for obvious reasons. Ah, nothing better than cursing a zealot just as he goes in for the attack :D

does that mean zealots and wwbarbs have no chance when they got cursed?????

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
i do the same with my summoner. I cast it and tele on top and they die instantly. However they do whine about im being bm, but everything in pvp these days is bm, or so it seems so bm away i say