• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Infector Of Souls

MindSlayer

Aug 12, 2005
Infector Of Souls

So the general strategy forum is all gone? :( :( :( Ah well, it was basically a lesser version of this forum anyways. Ok, has anyone else found that Infector of Souls and his gang are fabulously imbalanced now? I don't even know if it's been changed, but I just think its weird how a lot of Diablo 2 was pretty basic for my arty necro (non ladder), just cruising through act 4, until I opened the seal to infector. I mean, are you supposed to die that fast? There are like 10 extra fast venom lords that just rush right to me (faster than me even when decreipified) and inferno. Infector alone infernoed my entire life down in about 3 seconds, so with the entire gang doing it it was an instant kill. I mean, is Diablo 2 supposed to be like this? I don't think characters should go through an act without needing to use a potion and then have to use them all against one group and still die.

Merick

Jun 22, 2003
Fractal Land, Nebraska
www.xanga.com
MindSlayer said:
So the general strategy forum is all gone? :( :( :( Ah well, it was basically a lesser version of this forum anyways. Ok, has anyone else found that Infector of Souls and his gang are fabulously imbalanced now? I don't even know if it's been changed, but I just think its weird how a lot of Diablo 2 was pretty basic for my arty necro (non ladder), just cruising through act 4, until I opened the seal to infector. I mean, are you supposed to die that fast? There are like 10 extra fast venom lords that just rush right to me (faster than me even when decreipified) and inferno. Infector alone infernoed my entire life down in about 3 seconds, so with the entire gang doing it it was an instant kill. I mean, is Diablo 2 supposed to be like this? I don't think characters should go through an act without needing to use a potion and then have to use them all against one group and still die.

Non-player inferno got a lot stronger in 1.10, and a big pack of extra fast inferno spouting venom lords really hurts. Make sure you have all of seals opened except for his. Then as soon as he dies all of his minions do too.

Or get a rising sun ammy/dwarf star ring.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Don't forget the Multishot trait... oof. That thing owns my sorceress faster than NM Diablo's Lightning Inferno. And I have like 5% lightning resist. Compared to my 30 Fire res.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Amazon: Spam Valk, use strafe + knockback
Barb: Stack res charge in and slaughter them
Pally: Stack res charge in and slaughter them
Sorc: Teleport + spam main spell
Druid: Spam minions and tank/cast hurricane/tornado
Assasin: Spam Shadow Master and tank/cast traps, cloak of shadows (insanely imbalanced)
Necro: Hello 21394817419874 minions

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
If Omikron's strategy still doesn't work, it is possible to separate the minions from the boss tether and to pick them off one by one. Requires fast run/walk and very careful baiting of monsters

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
Omikron8 said:
Amazon: Spam Valk, use strafe + knockback
Barb: Stack res charge in and slaughter them
Pally: Stack res charge in and slaughter them
Sorc: Teleport + spam main spell
Druid: Spam minions and tank/cast hurricane/tornado
Assasin: Spam Shadow Master and tank/cast traps, cloak of shadows (insanely imbalanced)
Necro: Hello 21394817419874 minions

I agree with this. Easiest to play is probably the Summoning Necro actually. You could even beat them if the seal spawns at a dead end. Are you using PnB? You COULD perhaps try bone wall but I've never tested if it's effective. Bonespear shoots linearly so it could still pose a problem though. A WW Barb with a fair bit of leech would do really good too, regardless of resists (just be sure it isn't THAT bad), and for a Trapper use exactly what Omikron said. Sorcs take a bit of skill once your merc dies, and the hardest character to beat the Infector and his pack is probably a Hammerdin without good fire resist or a incomplete non-WW slow-hitting Barb.