• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

In the spirit of "what I got from NM Meph"

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
In the spirit of "what I got from NM Meph"

My necro just got to NM meph tonight so I figure I'll run him a few times! He's got about 105% MF on him.

Here's runs 1-15:

Witchwild String
Cheftain
Baezil's Vortex
String of Ears
Diamok's Hew
Cathan's Ammy
Deathbit (how cute are those things... lol)
Trang's gloves
Hwanin's belt x2
Ort rune
Rare necro shield with + skills and resists.

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
I popped in D2 thinking I'll do one NM meph run with my lvl 50 sorc with about 200MF or so. These dropped in one run.

Rockfleece
Duriel's Shell
Artic Set Belt
Sander's Set Gloves
Sigon's Set Belt

As someone said earlier, Meph never dissapoints those who believe.

logger120

Dec 28, 2004
Atlanta
those are some nice results for only 15 runs the WWS/SoE/Trangs are all end game capable items very nice for so few runs. now go do 985 more :)

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Well... I did 15 more (it's a start, eh?)

Undead Crown x2
Arctic gloves
Maelstrom
Cathan's Staff
Angelic Ring
Snakecord
Goldwrap so, this will go on the next few runs... who needs sleep?
Sigons

kazh

Hm, :) I also reached NM Meph tonight, and run him only 7 times...the MF on him is 147%.

The Results:
1) unique greaves, unique heavy gloves;
2) nothing
3) Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye Swirling Crystal
4) a nice rare Druid pelt
5) unique blade, Milabrega Orb War Specter
6) nothing
7) Heaven's Cuirass

Hm...not that bad for only 7 runs...huh? Think I will take my time in NM Meph 'till I rebuild some of my stash...

[]s

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Running this "NM Meph" character with my Overlord is extremely fun. Also, seeing as I'm on a CKD (diet), this is an awesome appetite suppresant.

Anyways, 6 runs later (36 total), and I found some more good stuff, now with 135% MF.

Whistans Guard
Titan's Revenge (yea, cool huh?)
Crushflange mace
Doomslinger
Kinemil's Awl
eth. Carin Shard
Skull Splitter military pick
Sigons gloves

By the way, I should mention I clear out level 3, not just NM meph.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
And 12 more, to bring the total to 50 runs and I'm done for the night, probably put on the rest of my Tran'g stuff and work my way up into hell.

eth Bonesnap
Sigon's shield
Mavina's belt
Lance of Yaggai
Blackhorn's Face
Jade Tan Do
Ume's Lament
Milebrega's sceptor
Angelic ring

LordSlytherin

Aug 1, 2005
The neverland ranch
lol, I've been doing a few hell Meph runs. No incredibly noteworthy finds. But he did drop this rare phase blade:

Hailstone Skewer
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 147 to 174
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x33ece871
+376% Enhanced Damage
+145 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage
5% Life stolen per hit

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
LOL thank you. I'm glad I got the good drops early, so I don't have to do another 110 runs of nothing! Actually, most of the good stuff dropped in a few of the runs, the others had nothign.

And also, isn't it extremely rare for 2 of the same item to drop in the same drop? I got two Milebrega's scepters in the same drop.

kazh

Gratz on the drops, :)

I will have a lot of fun tonight...plan to do at least 30 to 50 NM Meph runs...need some good stuff to keep my killing speed...As A****aroth is, I can only set players 5 and have fun, p8 is getting so boring...have to wait almost 5 seconds to kill a pack of monster...:D

Hm, sweet Titan's Revenge...gotta find it tonight! :)

[]s

Luca Rescigno

Jul 27, 2005
Minnesota
I did a few yesterday and today and didn't find much. Well, I shouldn't say I didn't find much... just nothing of immediate use to any of my characters. I do remember one NM Baal run that yielded... get this... a magical Maiden Javelin and a single quiver of Bolts. I was just staring at the ground where he died and those were the only two items there. Couldn't beileve it.

Anyway, what have I gotten in the last day or so from NM Meph? I'm at work now so I can't go over it with a fine-toothed comb but here's what I can remember...

- Bonesnap
- Kuko Shakaku (never even heard of this until today; looks neat though I don't have an Amazon)
- Hsaru's Iron Stay
- Frostburn
- Spectral Shard (now I have to somehow get a little more dex on my Sorc)
- Bladebuckle
- Razortine
- Aldur's Rhythm
- Kinemil's Awe
- A bunch of cruddy set items I already have... Isenhart's case/horns, Cathan's seal, Angelic Halo, Vidala's Fetlock

This is in about 20-30 runs or so. Looking it over I actually think I did pretty well, I just didn't get anything I can really use. I basically got a normal unique about every other run. And I am going to take another look at those Frostburns.

GooberGrape

Jan 24, 2004
logger120 said:
those are some nice results for only 15 runs the WWS/SoE/Trangs are all end game capable items very nice for so few runs. now go do 985 more :)

Ah, you are learning. For 1.10, I did a mathematical proof, and followed it up by 1000 actual runs, and 1000 runs is the optimal number of Hell Meph runs.

You should expect 2/3 of all Elite Uniques TC75 and below. Don't hold your breath for the TC78's, if you find one, it was sheer Zodlike luck. Stormlash is almost impossible.

After 1000 runs, go run somebody else, you're done with Meph. The statistical probability is such that you will only find lots of stuff you already have, and it is far wiser to run a bigger target that can drop TC87. In my 1.10 runs, I found 3 Harleys, when I really only wanted one, so after a certain point I was just wasting my time.

-GG

Luca Rescigno

Jul 27, 2005
Minnesota
OMG!

Tonight I got... get this...

Blade of Ali Baba
Waterwalks
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Buriza

In five runs. Two yielded nothing, and the last one gave me both Tal Rasha and Buriza!

Go NM Meph! Thx 4 all the stuff!! :thumbsup:

LOL, and just as I'm about to do another run I accidentally click on Hell instead of Nightmare, resetting the Durance 2 map. Maybe it's the game trying to tell me to get some sleep :).