• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

I'm done with Diablo II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrothers

Jun 22, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
www.justan.0nyx.com
I'm done with Diablo II.

That's right, no jokes.

And if you want to know why, two words: Ladder Reset.

Basically, I played all through season one, and then my account expired. I started playing through season two, and played up until Patch 1.11. I've done Tristram a couple times, and pretty much seen everything to be seen. Then Blizzard reset the ladder, again.

I know that there is a lot of people who wanted the ladders to reset, giving everyone a clean start, etc. I also know that there are a lot of people that will continue playing non-ladder with their old ladder characters. Not me. I don't want to reinvest the time to get another good ladder account, and I don't want to play non-ladder, where I won't have access to making new runewords, things like that (unless things have changed since the last time I checked).

I'll probably stick around these boards, and post/help where I can. I'll probably keep renewing my PALship, not for my own benefit, but because I know that it takes $$$ and good people to make this site run, and if it's not running, people will miss out on a bank of knowledge, help, and economy. I'm trying to decide what I'll play when this semester of college rolls around. Maybe WoW, maybe Counterstrike, that's what I'm thinking.

Shout out to anyone I've traded/played with. Many of you have been a big help in-game. Who knows if I'll ever reinstall Diablo II to play again, so I might just give out my keys to someone.

I'll be around here. :lol:

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Shame to see so many people leaving diablo 2 but glad to see you will stick around here :clap:

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
well, everyone's gotta stop playing d2 sometime. Hope you had a great run anyway.

Angel_Dusted

Aug 29, 2004
Israel
carrothers said:
That's right, no jokes.

And if you want to know why, two words: Ladder Reset.

Basically, I played all through season one, and then my account expired. I started playing through season two, and played up until Patch 1.11. I've done Tristram a couple times, and pretty much seen everything to be seen. Then Blizzard reset the ladder, again.

I know that there is a lot of people who wanted the ladders to reset, giving everyone a clean start, etc. I also know that there are a lot of people that will continue playing non-ladder with their old ladder characters. Not me. I don't want to reinvest the time to get another good ladder account, and I don't want to play non-ladder, where I won't have access to making new runewords, things like that (unless things have changed since the last time I checked).

I'll probably stick around these boards, and post/help where I can. I'll probably keep renewing my PALship, not for my own benefit, but because I know that it takes $$$ and good people to make this site run, and if it's not running, people will miss out on a bank of knowledge, help, and economy. I'm trying to decide what I'll play when this semester of college rolls around. Maybe WoW, maybe Counterstrike, that's what I'm thinking.

Shout out to anyone I've traded/played with. Many of you have been a big help in-game. Who knows if I'll ever reinstall Diablo II to play again, so I might just give out my keys to someone.

I'll be around here. :lol:

Carrothers has left the game. Diablo's minions weaken.

JAYSIN

Jun 22, 2005
I'm done too I will play ladder characters tho. No chance to catch up to the leaders of the new ladder. ladder reset yesterday and already level ** characters. I won't be trying to lead but just play the game and hope to get to level 99 some time in the next year. Going on holidays tommorrow and working next week so no time for diabing it up. :( Will get a chance to play next week. My level76 pally will retire and I will start a new ladder pally "pally_frank" Hope he will be as good.

Quit your whining, people will always be unhappy but this reset made VERY many people come back and D2 is more popular now than before the reset and if the cost if you crying then it's all good. You seem to think of this game as "work" (I don't want to reinvest my time...) I mean, play for fun, that's what I do, I've died with my level 95+ HC chars and lost everything from perfect Maras to high runes (before the season 2 dupings) and I just restart because this game is FUN!

Inu said:
Quit your whining, people will always be unhappy but this reset made VERY many people come back and D2 is more popular now than before the reset and if the cost if you crying then it's all good.

what the hell is wrong with you? some people like it, some people don't, he doesn't need your permission to have his own opinion and nobody here deserves to be attacked in this manner

Schragmeister

Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
Inu said:
Well he was whining... Only people who agree may reply?
I bleive the rules say that anybody can reply in a POLITE manner.... people quit, people come back. Just because he quit doesnt give you the right to say that.

And yes... you will be back.... Its like eating Lays Chips....

"Betcha can't play just once!"

Jun 29, 2005
California
Inu said:
Quit your whining, people will always be unhappy but this reset made VERY many people come back and D2 is more popular now than before the reset and if the cost if you crying then it's all good. You seem to think of this game as "work" (I don't want to reinvest my time...) I mean, play for fun, that's what I do, I've died with my level 95+ HC chars and lost everything from perfect Maras to high runes (before the season 2 dupings) and I just restart because this game is FUN!

He wasnt whining...
he was explaining why he wants to quit

I agree with Ash. What is wrong with you?
he has his own opinion of the game, he can quit if he wants to

People have different perspectives of the game

You may view it as fun and he may view it as work from what you said

Maybe people arent like you where they spend most of their time on diablo
And he maybe doesnt want to do the same thing over and over again.

Hes just getting on with his life, hopefully you do to.

Jun 29, 2005
California
triple_ultima said:
I completely agree with Inu. This is the internet, don't get your feelings hurt over it.

Are you kidding me

I dont see one statement where he says/implies that hes "getting his feelings hurt" or even whining

i dont see why you guys have to be such ....... about it, everyone will stop playing diablo sometime, its all a matter of time.

IMAGINE losing all of your gear which you have spent countless year on, you CANT JUST except it and keep going on just because its fun, i would definitly quit.

You cant say that your getting your feelings hurt over a game because sometimes diablo is more then a game, spending that much effort on something then losing it is just....

triple_ultima

Jun 23, 2003
Hardened Steel said:
Are you kidding me

I dont see one statement where he says/implies that hes "getting his feelings hurt" or even whining

i dont see why you guys have to be such ....... about it, everyone will stop playing diablo sometime, its all a matter of time.

IMAGINE losing all of your gear which you have spent countless year on, you CANT JUST except it and keep going on just because its fun, i would definitly quit.

You cant say that your getting your feelings hurt over a game because sometimes diablo is more then a game, spending that much effort on something then losing it is just....

I was referring to people that throw hissy fits about someone disagreeing on a forum.

Funny. Well, some people consider the game work, then it's them who should slow down and think twice. You (hardened steel) attempt to insinuate that I spend all my time at D2? Well I don't. I have friends and I got work. Fortunately the ladder was reset while I still have vacation so yes, I play a lot now. I mean, I take this for what it is, a game. A great game. You all seem to take it so much more seriously... ;/ I just died with my 78 Sorc from doing Hell Meph too recklessly, so what? I lost TR Amu, Waterwalks and stuff but so what? I love playing this game and that's why a death don't bother me. I think people here needs to realize that this just is a game, nothing more. D2 was never meant to be "work" or "life"

Hnoo B

May 10, 2005
California
MickRaider said:
you're all *deleted*

Man, why do you go and say that? First there's no reason to say that, and second, even if that goes through your mind, you're almost guaranteed a permanent ban for this. I personally think Inu was a little too righteous in his initial reply, although he does have somewhat of a point, and I also think that a lot of the follow-up posts were not necessarily the best use of people's time. It's like if I said "Bush/Kerry is/would-have-been the greatest/worst president ever." I would probably get a million responses in about 2 minutes, almost all of them would say nothing more than "you're wrong" or "right on man" but even in that case if you came in with a statement like yours above you'd still get banned. Common!

Status
Not open for further replies.