• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Ideas for an auradin

RetinA

Jul 24, 2005
Ideas for an auradin

I was wondering if anyone had tried anything with an auradin just using Doom, Dream Helm, Dragon armor or dragon shield. Max out all the synergies but use the items for the auras and don't put any skills into it in the tree. That means you could get them fully synergized and have all 3 elemental auras going at the same time. Would that work or am i retarded?

Jan 1, 2005
sweden
HeavÃ…ngel said:
Check out this Guide might help: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347123

Welcome to the forum.
Here is the Forum Rules
Here is the Guide Thread

Here's another link. The Arreat Summit

Up on top there is a very handy search tool.
Type in what you're looking for and most likely you find a lot of threads on what you're looking for.

doom has rather low speed and dragon shield has pretty low block!

this means ur surrendering a decent attack speed and survivability!

u will be like those non existent impale a zons :D slow as hell mean as hell ;)

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
Tastychiken_europe said:
doom has rather low speed and dragon shield has pretty low block!

this means ur surrendering a decent attack speed and survivability!

u will be like those non existent impale a zons :D slow as hell mean as hell ;)

well u need to know 1 very important thing about auradin

auradin as name says mostly doesnt use melee attack he kills thanks to his auras u really need to use charge only vs ES sorcs CYCLONE druids (zeal as well) chargers/smiters (defensive charge) ww barbs/sins (def charge)

sorc + dru - charge + zeal (mostly vs druids) due to ES and cyclone armor absorb ele dmg
chargers + smiters due to ur lack in DR and AR charge away
ww barbs/sins see above

personally i have auradin but instead of doom ( slow as hell --> zeal) he uses HOJ made in phase blade. remember u ARE an auradin so no need for huge physical dmg my auradin does 10 k single zeal with PB HOJ zeal 1 pkt.

me use as follows :
HOJ phase blade
dragon armor
dream helm
dream / dragon armor (mostly dream dragon just vs nec minions immune to light)
maxed conviction - ur main aura
maxed fire resists - gives u max holy fire dmg
maxed light resists - gives u max holy shock dmg
maxed salvation - gives u max elemental dmg for ur auras
holy shield couple points - due to u gonna be more runner vs melee and vs casters no need defence
zeal - point
charge - rest goes here
u can choose zeal instead of charge but AR vs casters is always usefull

ur def is low ur DR means almost 0 ur AR sux as hell but u are still powerfull lame killer

watch well skilled ES sorcs (especially blizz ones) well skilled druids (make sure convi gets them before u charge them) chargers/smiters/ww barbs /ww sins charge away keeping safe distance but no bigger than 13.3 yards :D

if u still wants to make 3 auras auradin u need to know u wont max all ur aura dmgs out. also lvl 30 holy fire makes more dmg (synergies) than lvl 12 holy freez + lvl 15 holy fire. btw holy freez wont save u against chargers or ww chars sometimes they tele eg

good luck with ur auradin
if u have any questions feel free to ask

regs