• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

I want a sorc that can do Hell Countess runs.

XxSartakxX

Aug 13, 2005
Massachusetts
I want a sorc that can do Hell Countess runs.

I already have a pure fireball sorceress, and she's great for Meph runs, rushes, and whatever else sorcs do :) However, I want a dedicated Hell Countess runner. I have a level 18 sorc that hasn't spent any points yet.

What would you guys recommend? This character is going to be purely for Hell Countess.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
Hell Countess is ALWAYS both cold and fire immune, so the only logical choice here would be a lightning sorceress. A few Chain Lightnings can dispatch the Countess and her minion pact with ease.

Sep 3, 2004
chain lightning comes to mind... it can take count and co. out in about 5 casts at most with really, really, really bad gear...

light sorc is the only way to go, but i would say use CL to clear em...

just my .02

CJ :clap:

XxSartakxX

Aug 13, 2005
Massachusetts
Evrae Altana said:
Hell Countess is ALWAYS both cold and fire immune, so the only logical choice here would be a lightning sorceress. A few Chain Lightnings can dispatch the Countess and her minion pact with ease.

Thank you. I figured I was going to go lightning anyway. :)

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
all you need is 20 cl and 5 or so lightning mastery. my best countess runner had something like:
20 lm
20 cl
20 l
15 tk
5 es

and an above average merc for archers. she still died a few times though, although i'm not sure from what. it was usually an archer boss pack, or a stacked archer boss pack. i could never really tell what mods they had, but whatever it was, sometimes they could kill me instantly, but other times, i could fight them normally.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
If archors are a problem, then wouldn't the standard meterob sorc be better? Just FB all the the minions, static countress, and let your merc kill her. It takes about 5 seconds for the merc to do the job with a CV insight anyways, so I wouldn't say it takes much time at all. Plus, you can do all of Meph and such. :lol:

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Nov 13, 2003
Diablo III Hardcore
With a well equipped Mercenary ANY Sorceress build can do countess runs.
When killing the countess let your Merc attack her. Cast Static Field and then slam her against the wall with Telekinesis, so she will not be able to move or attack.

Infact pure Lightning Sorc would not be a good choice for example, since there are quite many lightnign immunes down there aswell. Any 2-tree build though will just do fine.

angus

Mar 1, 2004
The Cl/FO stickied in the guides is greta mine at lvl84 with Tal's set runs countess,Andy, Summoner, Meph and Nith.

Bloodfire

May 25, 2005
UK
I'll second what melianor said, my blizz sorc would static away while the merc (who didn't have gear that was amazing) would kill countess and minions. Only thing is I had to do was make sure I could tele away and heal the merc.