• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

I *think* I finally know the build that could SOLO Uber Trist der=

I *think* I finally know the build that could SOLO Uber Trist

Last night 3 friends and I battled the Uber 3 for nearly 3 hours. Party was composed of a Trapasin, my WW/BOTD-barb, a full Griz Pally -- it was a losing proposition. Just last weekend another group I was with took less than 10 minutes (Zealer, Hammerdin, Lite Sorc, my Auradin). The big disparity in succeeding in Uber Trist made me realize that planning in terms of what characters form the team determines whether or not you're actually going to succeed or fail, and the length of time it will take to drop the hellfire torch.

In those 3 tedious hours what finally made it possible to win was when the game maker left (after giving up all hope) including the Griz Pally and I called on a trusted forum member who brought in his Frenzy Barb, and another friend who brought in his hammerdin. I brought in my Auradin. It took 30 minutes to destroy the uber 3.

After participating in around 20 Uber Trist battles, I believe that it is possible to solo Uber Trist. It will take awhile, maybe an hour at least, but it can work. Last week I posted that a hammerdin would be the best character of choice, but it seems like hammers are better suited for crowd control.

I believe a Frenzy barb equipped with a BOTD and ETH Zerker, FORT armor, IK Helm with ias/ed jewel, Gore Riders, dual ravens, verdungos, 30 maras, and resist charms so he will have 75 resist all even with Mephi's convict aura. I find that the biggest problem of melee characters is when their resists drop to 0 or below when around Mephisto. However, whenever someone with a high salvation is around, meleers seem to do fine. I think if a melee character, especially a Frenzy Barb, that can stock up on resist (as though there was a paladin around) will most likely be able to defeat the Uber 3 single handedly.

What do you guys think?

Arbedark

Jul 2, 2003
Redditch
No offence, But 10 minutes still isn't that great a time.

A Smiter with sub-"uber-leet" gear can solo the trist 3 in under 3-5 mins easily.

Just ask Dawnmaster on these forums. We always kill the uber 3 together (around 12-15 times now). And since i dont have any melee characters etc, I usually just spend the time converting the minions with MB to take the pressure off or Teleing around with a necro using BO for the smiter.

He only has around 25-40 CB and Lifetap from draculs, and he virtually solo's them in a 2 player game.

The necessity is a melee character with a nice % chance to hit, Semi-stacked res, crushing blow and Life tap.

Those 3 are the winning combination.

In short. A smiter using Guardian Angel and other non-"leet" gear can and will solo the uber 3 in under 5 mins. Period.

I dont see why peeps think they are so hard to be honest.

Dont take this as a flame, as its not. Merel my observations and speculations.

Arb

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Arbedark said:

A Smiter with sub-"uber-leet" gear can solo the trist 3 in under 3-5 mins easily.

Just ask Dawnmaster on these forums. We always kill the uber 3 together (around 12-15 times now). And since i dont have any melee characters etc, I usually just spend the time converting the minions with MB to take the pressure off or Teleing around with a necro using BO for the smiter.

He only has around 25-40 CB and Lifetap from draculs, and he virtually solo's them in a 2 player game.

The necessity is a melee character with a nice % chance to hit, Semi-stacked res, crushing blow and Life tap.

In short. A smiter using Guardian Angel and other non-"leet" gear can and will solo the uber 3 in under 5 mins. Period.

Arb

I know it is possible to solo, I used my zealer to do it with a one point Smite. It takes a while.... like 30 minutes at least.

How to do it in under 5 minutes without help is another story altogether. Just because you and dawnmaster can do it in in 5 minutes doesn't mean he can do it in under 5 minutes. With another hammerdin around I too can do it in under 5 minutes, but solo it takes a while because you get swamped.

To do it solo in 5 minutes is not a simple extrapolation from doing msot of the work in a 2 player game under 5 minutes.

Arbedark said:

Arb

No problem at all Arb. Wow! 3-5 Minutes with a Smiter? I'd have to try that one. Unfortunately nobody in my group of friends has a smiter. :(

Arbedark

Jul 2, 2003
Redditch
ToadKiller said:
That's a flame.

TK

TK. And thats a Troll. But i'll ignore that.

dang79 said:
How to do it in under 5 minutes without help is another story altogether. Just because you and dawnmaster can do it in in 5 minutes doesn't mean he can do it in under 5 minutes. With another hammerdin around I too can do it in under 5 minutes, but solo it takes a while because you get swamped.

To do it solo in 5 minutes is not a simple extrapolation from doing msot of the work in a 2 player game under 5 minutes.

I agree. But with a smiter using lifetap from draculs, about the only possible way to die is to lag out. Even being swamped, he leeches enough life to survive. And as testimony to this, i often leave him to re-summon minions or stock up on more potions while fighting the uber 3.

Just my opinion.

The smiter only really needs nice light res, and some form of Crushing blow and life tap.

Once you have those it is relatively easy. So much so that it is just simple point, click and hold. No tactics are really needed.

Arb

ByteMeHard

Jun 11, 2005
Detroit
A Tesladin?

A Tesladin might be able to do the job........

High enough lit resistance to stand up to Meph, even with convic, and depending on your backup attack, as long as you have Dracul's and can lifetap you should be able to survive thru it all.

A few ideas:

Smiting Tesladin

20 Holy Shock
20 Salvation
20 Res Lit
20 Smite
20 Holy Shield
4 Zeal (crowd control)
1 in prereq's

This would take awhile to get done (lvl 97!) but I'm pretty sure it could work without Holy Shield max'd, which is the one I'd do last. If you were really worried about Lit Immune monsters you could drop a point in Vengance as well. Remember tho, Lifetap is VITAL to survival.

Physical Tesladin

20 Holy Shock
20 Salvation
20 Res Lit
20 Sacrifice
20 Zeal

This build would be done at lvl 91, so a bit easier to accomplish, and would benefit more from Life Leech items as well if you couldn't happen to find Dracul's or a Lifetap wand.

Both should be able to solo all 3 I would think, and shouldn't have to much difficulty doing so.

Dad Daniel

May 7, 2005
Sofia
Phesto said:
Would it be possible to solo with Frenzy and Life Tap?

For sure. I believe good suited frenzy barb would be like harvester in a crop field while is soloing Uber Tristram.
:thumbsup:

Arbedark

Jul 2, 2003
Redditch
Merick said:
And I still haven't so much as seen a key yet.
*sigh*

Unlucky dude.

I'm not so hot on key finding either. But i do my best. With enough patience and time they come easily.

Arb

Oscuro

Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
I soloed Trist right before reset (well, I died in a crowd after picking up the charm and SoH... does that still count?? :)). I would estimate it took 1-1.5 minutes in Tristram until the charm fell. I used a smiter with very stacked resists (75/75/90light/75 while under conviction), charges of life tap from Marrowwalks, and 35% crushing blow from Guilliaume's face.

Arutha

May 20, 2004
Oscuro said:
I soloed Trist right before reset (well, I died in a crowd after picking up the charm and SoH... does that still count?? :)).

Same thing happened the 1st time I solo'd trist, slipped my mind that my smiter uses nigma and could just tele out of the group of minions after i had the charm and soh but thats because he doesn't use nigma for tele on him.