• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Hybridzon, Titan's and WWS

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Hybridzon, Titan's and WWS

Hey everyone, I guess from looking at the forums that I got extremely lucky finding not one, but two Titan's, and a WWS. Anyways, how should I do a hybrid so she can use both of them, or would I be better off making two zons to take advantage of their respective weapons? Then again, that would be tough because I'd have to fill 2x the "other" gear slots (armor, ammy, etc).

Think I could do a hybridzon? How would that look, I could'nt find a guide with a quick look through the forum. I am playing SP also, so no help from a party.

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
I believe the WWS strafer stickie in this forum discusses LF as a second attack. I have made several, and they work great. I am also SP, so getting the items was a trick, but its all down hill after that. It is an effecient, versatile build well suited to SP. LF nasty mobs, strafe for leeching and regular mobs, MA for PI/LI

Basically, 23 in Jav skills, 1 pt each bow skill, 20 or so in strafe, 1 in each passive except 17 in valk when cast (I pre-buff her from stash), pierce to taste (70-ish with + skills) and penetrate to get you a 90-ish % chance to hit. The screen is lying, though, because the +AR from strafe doesn't work (none of the bow skills do). I put extra into penetrate/decoy/pierce, you could boost MS if that's a skill you like, though WWS isn't really designed for that.

I like to get a 9/2 strafe, which is 90 IAS (break points are stickied here). Either Shael-Nef if the rest of your gear can handle it or Shael-Shael. Enough str for items, 90 or 100 vit (I am SC), rest in dex. LF and a +skills shield on switch, Tgods is nice if you can get it, or maybe Razortail. Really, it is all up to you, WWS/Titan's makes things really flexible. I even had a ladder zon running with full Disciple set (+3 skills, good resists, and, of course, LoH).

Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them, but yes, a hybrid is definitely hell viable. Oh, up the WWS if you can get the runes.

Also, if you haven't found it already, introduce yourself in the SP fourm here. Very nice community, very helpful, and very committed to legit play.

Good luck,
DudSpud

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
So, going with the WWS Strafezon guide:

89 str or so
100 vit
base ene
rest in dex

That works for Javazons/Hybrids too, right?

Skills like you said, 1 in all bow skills, cept 20 in Strafe. 20 in LF, 1 in prereques, passives like you said.

Anyways, as for equipment:

Vamp Gaze/Stealskull
Crow Caw
Bloodfist/Cleglaws, maybe craft some with my higher lvl chars
Sandstorm Trek/Waterwalk
Moser's with 2 Pdiamonds?
Jewelry as found
WWS
Titan's

Yea?

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
abarlament said:
So, going with the WWS Strafezon guide:

89 str or so
100 vit
base ene
rest in dex

That works for Javazons/Hybrids too, right?
Works for me.
abarlament said:
Anyways, as for equipment:

Vamp Gaze/Stealskull
Crow Caw
Bloodfist/Cleglaws, maybe craft some with my higher lvl chars
Sandstorm Trek/Waterwalk
Moser's with 2 Pdiamonds?
Jewelry as found
WWS
Titan's

Yea?
Let's see. First thing I try to look at is the 90 IAS - for endgame, that is, 60 for 9/3 strafe, 65 for 9 frame normal, is usually OK through NM. With the listed gear, you are at 40 (dual Shael WWS) + 15 CrowCaw + 10 Stealskull gets you to 65 - 25 short of the desired 90. Fervor the armor and stealskull, and you are there.

If it were me, I would go with a different gear set up. But I play mostly SP, too, and so I know how hard it can be to get all of the uber items that all of the guides keep talking about. The major reason I would go with different gear is because I don't have half the gear you mention. Still, I have had some success trading for some items on the SP trading forum here, mainly pgems for crafting. Also, I play SP, so I don't play oversafe, though I do hate to die. And my philosphy with this kind of build is that it is a ranged attacker, so no need to worry too much with defense, hp, or resists. My hybrid likes to bob and weave. Some suggestions...

In general, when shoppping for/keeping +skill tree items, I look for + passives and + jav but not + bow. The reason is that the extra point to strafe is only going to give you, what +5% off weapon ED. + passives is going to boost your AR, chance to pierce, chance to dodge/avoid/evade, critical strike, and buff your decoy and valk. If you use Slow missles and Inner sight, their better too. + Javelins gives you about 30-40 more max lightning damage and an extra bolt.

Armor: CrowCaw gives 15 IAS and 15 dex, but it's heavy, so you move a little slower. Can be kinda hard to position yourself. You might be better off with one of the lighter + skills armor like Skin of the Viper, Spirit Shroud, Que-Hagens, even Silks, socketed with a 15 IAS jewel. I have never been really impressed with OW, maybe because I only tested it at lower levels. Oh, and the reason for the + skills is the big boost to LF and all of the passives. The reasonable runewords don't have IAS but do have other nice goodies. Lionheart is all around great, and Smoke if resists stink.

Helm: Stealskull is nice because of the 10 IAS and dual leach. I'd give Vamp Gaze to my might merc if I ever had one. Also nice are helms with monster flee, KB, or slow, like Blackhorns, Giant skull, Face of Horrors, or Howl tusk. Another good idea is +skills helms for the boost to passives and LF. Lore is a good runeword, tarnhelm, peasant crown would also work. The advantage of the uniques is that you can stick a fervor in them. You could also gamble a nice rare/magic circlet with +skills (which is why I pick-up and sell everything).

Gloves: Check out superdave's excellent glove crafting guide stickied at the top of this forum. Main thing is KB and IAS. Cleglaws are great, but most of my glove decisions seem to come down to needing IAS. Rares with IAS and +skills or dex or res are an option, as are Sander's and Laying of Hands (my personal favorite). Another really nice option is Sigons gloves, coupled with another piece, which gives 30 IAS and 10 % life leech (The leech is also why my merc's usually wear Sigs helm/armor through NM). Death's gloves and belt do the same, but I can't stand the 8 spaces on the belt.

Boots: The ideal in my opinion is War Travelers becasue the +damage on them is added to the weapon before the multiplication by dex, off weapon ED, and +dam to undead/demons. Other good ones are the ones you mention, as well as Sigon's to double up with the gloves for the LL.

Shield: Mosers is a safety shield to me with resists and blocking. But with all your dex, you should be at max block with just about anything. Since I am using LF with this, I go with +skills like Sigon's or Lidless. Another nice option available in 1.11 is Splendor: Eth-Lum gives +1 skills, GF, MF, mana regen, more. Right now I am running with a Pdiamond Sigon's.

Jewelry: This is where I usually get my leech. I used Manald Heal until I found a +skill mana leech Magic amulet (I ID all magic and rare ammy's and circlets, and all rare rings). You really have to go with what you can scrounge, and most of my gambling is done on rings and ammys. Also a good place for AR, some +min/max damage (remember it's added BEFORE multiplication by off weapon ED), resists, and maybe some stats, life, or mana. Ideal is Ravenfrost - CBF, 100-200 AR and 10-20 dex (which equals 10-20% ED) and some cold damage/chill time.

Titan's and WWS: Up the WWS if you have the runes - it really helps. And until you can use Titan's, try imbuing Ama Javs or even crafting them. Replinish mod is my favorite. When I am in a bad situation and I need the block, I actually throw the javs for physical damage.

I am sure there are some things that I have left out. Oh yeah, I play more for viability, so I use life and fine and cold damage charms. You can get by with leech in the 3-5% range in Hell if you are hitting hard enough. Besides, that's what pots are for. The cold damage from charms is not huge, but they add their chill times, so 4 small charms will give 4 sec chill norm, 2 in NM, 1 in hell.

Good luck,
DudSpud

Edit: There are two new armor runewords to consider:

Treachery - Body Armour
ShaelThulLem
25% chance to cast level 15 Venom on Striking
5% chance to cast level 15 Fade when Struck
+2 to Assasin skills
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Cold Resist
50% Extra gold from monsters

Kinda pricey for the Lem, but could solve some AR issues and more gold means more chances at better gambled rings/ammys/circlets.

Peace - Body Armour
ShaelThulAmn
2% chance to cast level 15 Valkyrie on Striking
4% chance to cast level 5 Slow Missiles when Struck
+2 to Amazon skills
+2 to Critical Strike (all classes)
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Resist Cold
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Nice for the runes, and the +skills helps the passives and LF, but I wonder if the chance to override my 17+ valk wouldn't get annoying - I usually get my valk to 17, but always find/shop +3 passives gloves, circlet that I keep in the stash to make her even higher. And no IAS. Still, I think I'll have to give it a try (I over strengthed my current gal, so maybe on the re-build)

On the topic of armor, once-upped Twitch is nice for the IAS and you can socket it.

On the topic of runewords, there are some nice "Ladder Only" ones that can be had if you are willing to mod your game - check page 5 or so of the SP forum for how to do this. The only draw back to this is that some (many?) SPF trade forum people won't want to trade with you. There are a couple of good leveling bows (Edge, which I always used when I gambled on ladder because it reduces preices by 15%, and Harmony) and some nice, relatively cheap polearms you can make for your merc. I haven't thought much about this option as I am almost exclusively "legit" SP now, but it is something you may want to consider.

One thing I didn't mention is decoy. I hot key this and use it a lot, especially for the elemental archers. She Dodges/evades the same as you, so the +passives helps her three times, and it usually lasts long enough to let the valk or merc get between you and the archers, and those danged A5 quill rats. And it slows the Ancients a bit. Give it a try.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
DudSpud said:
Works for me.

Let's see. First thing I try to look at is the 90 IAS - for endgame, that is, 60 for 9/3 strafe, 65 for 9 frame normal, is usually OK through NM. With the listed gear, you are at 40 (dual Shael WWS) + 15 CrowCaw + 10 Stealskull gets you to 65 - 25 short of the desired 90. Fervor the armor and stealskull, and you are there.

I just remembered I had a Twitchthroe (it was on my sorc). so 40 (ShaelShael WWS)+20 (Twitch)+10 (Stealskull)+10 (Bloodfist) +whatever is on Sigon's 2 pieces (boots/belt)=80 plus. Actually, the Sigon's gives 30 IAS right? So that's 110 right there. I'll check teh WWS guide and see what the breakpoints are.

Armor: CrowCaw gives 15 IAS and 15 dex, but it's heavy, so you move a little slower. Can be kinda hard to position yourself. You might be better off with one of the lighter + skills armor like Skin of the Viper, Spirit Shroud, Que-Hagens, even Silks, socketed with a 15 IAS jewel. I have never been really impressed with OW, maybe because I only tested it at lower levels. Oh, and the reason for the + skills is the big boost to LF and all of the passives. The reasonable runewords don't have IAS but do have other nice goodies. Lionheart is all around great, and Smoke if resists stink.

Like I said, I have Twitchthroe.

Helm: Stealskull is nice because of the 10 IAS and dual leach. I'd give Vamp Gaze to my might merc if I ever had one. Also nice are helms with monster flee, KB, or slow, like Blackhorns, Giant skull, Face of Horrors, or Howl tusk. Another good idea is +skills helms for the boost to passives and LF. Lore is a good runeword, tarnhelm, peasant crown would also work. The advantage of the uniques is that you can stick a fervor in them. You could also gamble a nice rare/magic circlet with +skills (which is why I pick-up and sell everything).

Ok, Gaze to the merc (might), since my Fishy's merc is using my Guillame's face.

Gloves: Check out superdave's excellent glove crafting guide stickied at the top of this forum. Main thing is KB and IAS. Cleglaws are great, but most of my glove decisions seem to come down to needing IAS. Rares with IAS and +skills or dex or res are an option, as are Sander's and Laying of Hands (my personal favorite). Another really nice option is Sigons gloves, coupled with another piece, which gives 30 IAS and 10 % life leech (The leech is also why my merc's usually wear Sigs helm/armor through NM). Death's gloves and belt do the same, but I can't stand the 8 spaces on the belt.

I've seen it, I'll check it out again and let my higher lvl chars craft something, if I can get a bunch of the needed materials.

Boots: The ideal in my opinion is War Travelers becasue the +damage on them is added to the weapon before the multiplication by dex, off weapon ED, and +dam to undead/demons. Other good ones are the ones you mention, as well as Sigon's to double up with the gloves for the LL.

Sigon's probably, they are the only good boot I have.

Shield: Mosers is a safety shield to me with resists and blocking. But with all your dex, you should be at max block with just about anything. Since I am using LF with this, I go with +skills like Sigon's or Lidless. Another nice option available in 1.11 is Splendor: Eth-Lum gives +1 skills, GF, MF, mana regen, more. Right now I am running with a Pdiamond Sigon's.

I have Moser's and Sigon's. I thought Moser's was nice for hte high resists it can have (2 pDiamonds, plus the resists on the shield). Plus, where I need the high resists, like Act IV and such, there aren't many LI are there? For my LF Titan's?

Titan's and WWS: Up the WWS if you have the runes - it really helps. And until you can use Titan's, try imbuing Ama Javs or even crafting them. Replinish mod is my favorite. When I am in a bad situation and I need the block, I actually throw the javs for physical damage.

Pul and Lum, right? I'll probably find those eventually (Time for some Hell Countess).

Edit: There are two new armor runewords to consider:

Treachery - Body Armour
ShaelThulLem
25% chance to cast level 15 Venom on Striking
5% chance to cast level 15 Fade when Struck
+2 to Assasin skills
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Cold Resist
50% Extra gold from monsters

Kinda pricey for the Lem, but could solve some AR issues and more gold means more chances at better gambled rings/ammys/circlets.

I'll probably save that one for a sin I'm bound to make.

On the topic of armor, once-upped Twitch is nice for the IAS and you can socket it.

Which should I up first (don't expect to have the runes just sitting around, it'll be catch as catch-can)? WWS or Twitch? Twitch can be end-game armor once upped, right?

Anyways, thanks for your awesome help. Another thing, how do I play this kind of character? My other characters were easy enough: Smiter and a WW polebarb could just wade right in, my Fishy was safe at all times, but this zon will have 2, maybe 3 things with her, but almost no vitality, do I have to keep running around, avoiding arrows/elemental missiles to stay alive? What I'm saying is, is this a really "active" character? I'm so used to playing my Fishy that I have been standing around shooting stuffwith my zon, not moving too much. Any tips?

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
abarlament said:
I just remembered I had a Twitchthroe (it was on my sorc). so 40 (ShaelShael WWS)+20 (Twitch)+10 (Stealskull)+10 (Bloodfist) +whatever is on Sigon's 2 pieces (boots/belt)=80 plus. Actually, the Sigon's gives 30 IAS right? So that's 110 right there. I'll check teh WWS guide and see what the breakpoints are.
Any two pieces of Sigon's gives 10% ll, the gloves and one other piece gives 30% IAS. So I would suggest: 40 WWS 2xShael, 20 Twitch, 10 steal skull, 30 Sigs gloves/boots is 100 IAS, 10 more than you need for the 9/2 strafe BP. So you can get another helm if you have ml somewhere (like Tarn, peasants, lore for the boost to LF and passives) or drop the twitch for a fervored +skills armor (right now I am running with a fervored Que-Hegans)
abarlament said:
I've seen it, I'll check it out again and let my higher lvl chars craft something, if I can get a bunch of the needed materials.
Yeah, but if you find Laying of Hands, go with those in the interim.[/quote]
abarlament said:
I have Moser's and Sigon's. I thought Moser's was nice for hte high resists it can have (2 pDiamonds, plus the resists on the shield). Plus, where I need the high resists, like Act IV and such, there aren't many LI are there? For my LF Titan's?
I am running right now with a pdiamond Sigons, and if I had the moser's, I might use it in Hell for safety. But it really gets down to how you play. Yes, I play my Witchy as a ranger with very happy feet and an itchy finger on the decoy hot key, even when running the Titan's. This is why I prefer Twitch over CrowCaw, because the latter slows me down and doesn't give decrease the chance to hit as much as you would expect from the higher listed def. I also increase my "defense" by playing over level for the area I am in (easy with the /playersx command) becasue the chance to be hit and chance to be hit are affected by level differences. The drops are better, too. Oh, and I scout ahead not with the decoy (except Nihilly) but with strafe. It shoots farther than you can see, and lights the monsters up before they see you. Obviously, go with what works for you, unless you are HC, then go Moser's.
abarlament said:
Pul and Lum, right? I'll probably find those eventually (Time for some Hell Countess).
Yes, and a perfect emerald. I did it just last night. Strafe went from 173-585 to 399-699, and it is only going to get better as I am solely pumping dex now (much of that damage is elemental anyhow). Remember that it is often doubled by DS/CS, and doubled again when they are Amped, so that extra 100+ max is pushing 500.
abarlament said:
Which should I up first (don't expect to have the runes just sitting around, it'll be catch as catch-can)? WWS or Twitch? Twitch can be end-game armor once upped, right?
Twitch could be endgame armor, but I wouldn't do it - it adds +25 def, not +%, so the def is pretty low. That said, it can be good for leveling and even fervored for 35 IAS if need be. Again, I play with happy feet, and besides, now that I think of it, low def is not much worse in terms of chance to be hit than very low def. Oh, and it is cheaper to up - Tal, Shael, pDiamond.
abarlament said:
Anyways, thanks for your awesome help.
No problem - I guess it's kinda obvious what character I am playing now, isn't it? Oh, and don't call it awesome until you make sure it works.:lol:

Good luck,
DudSpud

PS - Repeat after me - happy feet, happy feet...

(actually, the real reason this probably works for me is that my hands are more often on the keyboard and less often around the beer bottle)

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
Very nice. A WWS and Titan hybridzon could be a great build. I myself have been planning to make one.

I think you should also consider Guided Arrow. The problem with both Strafe and LF is that they do poorly on Bosses. LF has low dmg, while Strafe's next delay makes it a poor choice vs only 1 target. Guided Arrow will help you take down Bosses a lot faster.

Here's my idea:

- Strafe 20
- Valkyrie 20
- Guided Arrow 20
- Lightning Fury 20
- LF prereqs: 6
- Strafe prereqs: 3
- Passives: 9

Total: 98 Remain: 12

The remaining points can be put into Penetrate/Pierce as you like. Penetrate helps Strafe, but not LF or GA. Pierce helps Strafe and LF, but not GA, but has diminishing returns. With the high Deadly Strike value on WWS, you won't need more than basic points in Critical Strike.

Haplon

Jun 23, 2003
playing tips

I play hard core so not dying is a priority. I use two basic approaches. Where I am sure there are no deadly ranged monsters I approach with my titan and shield and fire away. Bow comes out to strafe remaining monsters not killed by lightning fury. If monsters are lightning immune its strafe all the way. I am a big proponent of knockback since it keeps the monsters from getting to you and I don't like dancing alot.

Where I think there are dangerous ranged monsters I strafe ahead of me since strafe shoots off screen. You will have life and mana leech no doubt so look for the red or blue swirl when you fire . if you see it then you have hit some monsters and continue firing till no more swirls. If you fire and no swirls advance and repeat.
I soloed hell baal with my hydrid and while it took a little time to strafe him down never had much of a problem doing it. When I didn't have my knock back gloves on he ported all over the place and was hard to kill-ergo use kb.

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
bladesyz said:
...I think you should also consider Guided Arrow. The problem with both Strafe and LF is that they do poorly on Bosses. LF has low dmg, while Strafe's next delay makes it a poor choice vs only 1 target. Guided Arrow will help you take down Bosses a lot faster.

Yeah, I have been thinking about this. You are absolutely right that LF and strafe are crowd control skills, and not great against bosses. Each time I rebuild, I say, this time I'm going with Guided. But then I keep reading how guided sucks, probably just the complaints of old timers from when it pierced, but it scares me away. Not much ED, and its off weapon, and I already have tons of that (high dex, LoH, etc.).

So I say I'll go Charged strike when I get the points to play with. And then I chicken out from going melee, even with max block, 40-50% dodge/evade and enough HP to absorb at least one hit, thinking that the way I built her is as a ranger, and this is the way she should stay.

So then I decide not to change anything at all, on me at least. So I give my merc as much CB as possible. And while I am waiting for the boss to go down between the cycles of LF (best if I can pin them against a wall for a second bolt, and autohit for physical, as you point out) and MA while the mana bulb fills, I debate whether next build I am going to go with guided or charged strike...

Hmm, OK, I have decided - Next time, it's Guided!

DudSpud

fanboy

Apr 30, 2005
not Chicago, Illinois
here's my 2 cents worth thanks for listening

bladesyz said:
Very nice. A WWS and Titan hybridzon could be a great build. I myself have been planning to make one.

I think you should also consider Guided Arrow. The problem with both Strafe and LF is that they do poorly on Bosses. LF has low dmg, while Strafe's next delay makes it a poor choice vs only 1 target. Guided Arrow will help you take down Bosses a lot faster.

Here's my idea:

- Strafe 20
- Valkyrie 20
- Guided Arrow 20
- Lightning Fury 20
- LF prereqs: 6
- Strafe prereqs: 3
- Passives: 9

Total: 98 Remain: 12

The remaining points can be put into Penetrate/Pierce as you like. Penetrate helps Strafe, but not LF or GA. Pierce helps Strafe and LF, but not GA, but has diminishing returns. With the high Deadly Strike value on WWS, you won't need more than basic points in Critical Strike.

1) Yeah, but doesn't strafe now target the same Monster several times if there are shots still available?
and
2) In regards to your earlier inquiry about mobility: Yes, stay mobile, keep the guided on left-click and index finger on shift key :thumbsup: . Above all else that elemental damage really kicks my a$$. You know the ones, huge mobs in the chaos sanctuary and throughout WSK :eek: :mad: :( . Any suggestions for that?

3) Thank you, and please forgive and amend my ignorance on the term WWs and on javazons in general.

I LOVE AMAZONS.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
This isn't 1.09 people, guided arrow is only worth one point in 1.10 pvm, level 20 guided can never compete with level 20 strafe or even level 10 strafe.

Guided left click

Strafe/Valk/etc. cycle right click

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
fanboy said:
1) Yeah, but doesn't strafe now target the same Monster several times if there are shots still available?
Yes, strafe will fire a certain number of arrows until its done, (2+slvl/4 arrows),and if there is only one target, then all of the arrows wil go after the same target. And it doesn't help to keep strafing a single target. The reason is that most bow (not crossbow) builds shoot a strafe at "9/3" or "9/2" - see the stickied breakpoint guide for a more detailed explanation. This basically means that after the first arrow, every other arrow is fired at 3 or 2 frames (25 frames = 1 sec). And if you are firing at only one target, there is this thing called "next delay." It means that a target fired at is immune to your arrows for 4 frames, even if you miss them on the first arrow. So if you are shooting at 9/2, after the first arrow, the next two will automatically miss.

Bottom line, strafe against a single target aint good, because you are firing blanks, and locked into doing so, at which point you are a sitting duck for their attacks.
fanboy said:
and
2) In regards to your earlier inquiry about mobility: Yes, stay mobile, keep the guided on left-click and index finger on shift key .
Actually, I keep normal attack on left click, which means that for my Witchwild String bowies (1 pt guided as a pre-req, 1 pt all other skills, and 20 strafe), I am firing a lvl 20 magic arrow from the bow. Strafe is on right click.
fanboy said:
Above all else that elemental damage really kicks my a$$. You know the ones, huge mobs in the chaos sanctuary and throughout WSK. Any suggestions for that?
Other than the happy feet, I have a couple of suggestions:

1) Get good resists, especially lightning resist for the gloams/blacksouls (those ghost guys with the lightning stream. Other than using a WWS (+40 res all!) you can get LR from charms and gear. One good item is the Thundergod's Vigor Belt which has lightning absorb and boosts dex (more +% damage) and +3 to LF (important for us strafe - lightning fury hybrids).

2) Use Valk and especially decoy - put a disposable decoy between you and the ranged attackers to soak up the missle attacks. Beware of the "lightning stream" gloams/black souls, because the lightning stream goes through everything, including your valk and merc and decoy, until it gets to the end of the screen.

3) "Scout" ahead with strafe. If you strafe ahead of where you are walking, you will either fire one arrow (nothing in range) or enter a strafe cycle, which means you are hitting something then (notice the leech swirlies over your head and the abandoned piles of gold and items before you).

4) Run Away!!! When the lightning streams start to flow, back up and try to pull one of them closer to you, then move cautiously forward. This can separate them and allow you to take them one at a time.
fanboy said:
3) Thank you, and please forgive and amend my ignorance on the term WWs and on javazons in general.
No problem - we all were at one point. Oh, by the way, the two items that define this "build" are these (found at this site):

Witchwild String
Short Siege Bow
[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1] Two-Hand Damage: ((32-35) To (75-81)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 65
Required Dexterity: 80
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+150-170% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Fires Magic Arrows [Level 20] (No mana or arrows harmed in the making of this damage!)
2% Chance To Cast Level 5 Amplify Damage On Striking (so with strafe, this kicks off often, and it doubles damage)
+ (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 % Deadly Strike (Based On Character Level) (so double damage again)
All Resistances +40
Sockets (2) (for 2 shaels to help you reach the BPs)[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage:(70-79) To (185-212) (127.5-145.5 Avg)
One-Hand Damage: (70-79) To (137-155) (103.5-117 Avg)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Max Stack: 140
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
(Amazon Only)
+150-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 25-50 Damage
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
30% Faster Run/Walk
+20 To Strength