• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Hybrid Poisonmancer

ELNINO

Jul 24, 2004
Hybrid Poisonmancer

Skills
Max PSN Dagger
Max PSN Exp
Max PSN Nova
Max CE
1 Point Lower Resist

=** Skills Points (Achieved at level 76?)

Stats
STR- Enough for gear
DEX- Max block or none?
VIT-Rest
ENERGY-None

Gear:
Shako
BP Nigma
Death Web
Homo Sheild
Arach
2xSojs
Trang Gloves
Marrowwalks
Ammy?

Q:I have around 9 skill points to use since the build is finished at Level 76, assuming I get to level 85. What should I put into? I was thinking bone prision to help crowd control. Or maybe even 1 point to Fire Golem and 1 into Golem Mastery? I am pretty sure I can get both if I level to around ~86.

Q:Should I go max block or not? Really don't know about this one.

Q:What mercenary do you think would complement this build? Holy Freeze sounds like a good one to me.

Thanks for you help.

Necrochild313

Jun 24, 2003
Sex: Age:
Visit site
I would suggest using those spare points to achieve a point into revive, and fire golem really isn't that useful in pvm except as an "AI curse" minion. It's good to have him as a choice (especially when minion stacking-teleing, monsters seem to smack the fire golem instead of you when you have him out while your teleing (you may be immune to ranged but melee monsters can still hit you quite well) but beyond that clay a pretty much superior. Because of that I support you decision to invest in that walking fireball.

This sounds like an interesting hybrid, however, poison nova and corpse explosion preform much of the same purpose (as a crowd killer). This would be a nice way to take care of the unremovable immunes, but with all of the +skills a typical venomancer has a level one corpse explosion has much of the same effect. Clearing the entire screen+ in a few semi-nuclear corpse blasts would be nice though, and a well-twinked venomancer would have absolutely no problem getting the fodder. Just make sure you use your golem/revives/AI curses wisely!

As far as max block goes, I personally like it on a venomancer. Even if I have a few minions running around

A holy freeze would be good, it may cut down on about 1/4th of your corpses though, which really isn't alot when you consider the massive fodder you'll be collecting.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
ELNINO said:
Q:I have around 9 skill points to use since the build is finished at Level 76, assuming I get to level 85. What should I put into? I was thinking bone prision to help crowd control. Or maybe even 1 point to Fire Golem and 1 into Golem Mastery?

You can start by putting a point in Summon Resist. This gives you a much needed tank in the form of Clay. After that some curses for crowd control. You do not have the points to make BP a viable option.

ELNINO said:
Q:Should I go max block or not? Really don't know about this one.

Max block is rather advisable. You'll be getting up-close to monsters and you do not have a lot of meatshields to take the heat. The block could really come in handy.

ELNINO said:
Q:What mercenary do you think would complement this build? Holy Freeze sounds like a good one to me.

HF is a good choice for the build, BUT he has a tendency to shatter corpses. Some find his percentage to be too high for decent use with CE, while others find it workable.

You could try something like a Defiance Merc. equip him with a high Def armor and he should hold out rather long.

ELNINO

Jul 24, 2004
Thanks for the tips. I will defenitaly go max block now since he will be close to monsters and not have many tanks. I decided to put my 9 spare points into each skill on the summon tree except fire golem. This way I can have revives, clay golem, summon resist, golem mast., and raise mast. I will probably use Arm of King Leoric Wand for prebuff on the golem and maybe switch when I revive a monster.

I am still undecided on the merc. Holy freeze would work well with lower resist, but the corpses might shattered too much. Defensive merc sounds ok, but how useful will he really be? Maybe even Combat merc in Hell for prayer? Then again maybe a thorns merc to use with revives?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
ELNINO said:
I am still undecided on the merc. Holy freeze would work well with lower resist, but the corpses might shattered too much. Defensive merc sounds ok, but how useful will he really be? Maybe even Combat merc in Hell for prayer? Then again maybe a thorns merc to use with revives?

HF doesn’t do a lot of damage. Even with LR. He would just be crowd control.

If you want Thorns get your Merc a Bramble. Higher level Thorns than a Thorns Merc can ever achieve.

Defiance Merc would be a tank. Relying on a lot of Def in order to not get hit. Coupled with some good DR and some CB for damage and Boss killing.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Bramble would combine with a thorn merc's aura wouldn't it? I had the impression that that was what the auradins were doing. Since you'll be amping before CE that would add signifigant damage although I wouldn't rely on it to kill by itself.

Necrochild313

Jun 24, 2003
Sex: Age:
Visit site
Pherdnut said:
Bramble would combine with a thorn merc's aura wouldn't it? I had the impression that that was what the auradins were doing. Since you'll be amping before CE that would add signifigant damage although I wouldn't rely on it to kill by itself.

No, I don't think it works like that. I belive the higher of the two would be the one to take presidence, which, sadly, would most likely be the bramble's aura.