• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

How's 1.11 everyone!

xtntx

Jul 28, 2005
Canada
How's 1.11 everyone!

Now that 1.11 has come out this long way, how u all like it without many hacks? has anyone even experienced hacks?

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
Not at this moment , without MH , there's much less successive hell baal run, but I enjoy it. LOL. Experienced hundreds times of the death of the whole party when facing the black souls in the worldstone.

Guys are helping each other, teamwork is much more important as no godly characters are out yet. ( Or i havent met)

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I like 1.11 because the Tristram Bosses now give me something to do. Also, the mass bannings in 1.11 due to maphack use now means that idiotic people can't look at my gear and go, "omfg nub, uze perf arcon nigma noob."

Ado

Mar 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
xtntx said:
Now that 1.11 has come out this long way, how u all like it without many hacks? has anyone even experienced hacks?

I'm loving the new ladder so far. My necro is lvl 70 and i've started to mf (no luck so far though). There were people using MH for a while but most of them dissapeared thanks to the mass banning but i'm still seein quite a few people using MH so maybe its on its way back slowly (geez i hope not).

My "godliest" item so far is a 4 socket armour with P/Topaz's in it.

Maybe tonight will be my lucky night????

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
Ado said:
I'm loving the new ladder so far. My necro is lvl 70 and i've started to mf (no luck so far though). There were people using MH for a while but most of them dissapeared thanks to the mass banning but i'm still seein quite a few people using MH so maybe its on its way back slowly (geez i hope not).

My "godliest" item so far is a 4 socket armour with P/Topaz's in it.

Maybe tonight will be my lucky night????
*oooh what's this ethereal unique balrog skin?, and how did it drop in norm cows?*

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
I love the new ladder. I'm level 65 or so now, and I've been doing some runs in Nm for items. Ok, so I haven't really gotten anything from them, but I will sooner or later... I still need to get better rings. :p

illa

Dec 27, 2003
Copenhagen
www.illest.dk
It's boring like hell. Takes forever and isn't fun. I fall asleep after 15 minutes looking for a goddamn entrance that I've found 50 million times, killing monsters I've killed 200.000 times and getting drops I've gotten 200 million times. Can't wait until people get maphack and bots again.

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
illa said:
It's boring like hell. Takes forever and isn't fun. I fall asleep after 15 minutes looking for a goddamn entrance that I've found 50 million times, killing monsters I've killed 200.000 times and getting drops I've gotten 200 million times. Can't wait until people get maphack and bots again.

lol, some people just can't wait to ruin a good thing. I love the fact that there are no hacks right now, everyone is on a much more level playing field.

Of course, you could say that the people who played without hacks all this time are on a "more" level playing field because they are used to it but whatever:)

I also love the fact that you can have a conversation in the channels without being swamped by bot chats. Its a lot easier to squelch one at a time then 45 all spamming you at the same time.

I dont know about you, but I always hated being in a game trying to give and get directions for how we are going to take on a tough area of the game when a bot comes in and spams 3 screens of text about how I can buy all my "UBER GEAR TO BEAT THE NEWBS" or whatever.

tctuner

Jul 6, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
lvl 71 meteorb sorc and im having fun. i have been mfing alot and so far best i found off nm meph is a 49% tarnhelm. the drops are getting better though. just gotta keep at it.

Wurmer

Jun 23, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
lol, some people just can't wait to ruin a good thing. I love the fact that there are no hacks right now, everyone is on a much more level playing field

I am not so sure about that. I tried my hands on some pubbies dueling games last night and for all I know MH and AA seems to be out there.:mad: Funny things do not change, it was like that like 3 years ago and still that way now.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
It's really refreshing to play without an overabundance of MH and bots. And every unique I see is a lot more exciting now. It will all come back but I don't think I'll ever join another baal run that has bots or is being led by MHers anymore. It's more fun to get there as a crew and being a summoner lets me be the guy who helps everybody do that.

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
xtntx said:

Check ebay now for "useast ladder runes" in search....
I thought they'll get there but not this soon.

*shakes head*

Mark

Jun 7, 2005
Kansas
Pherdnut said:
It's really refreshing to play without an overabundance of MH and bots. And every unique I see is a lot more exciting now. It will all come back but I don't think I'll ever join another baal run that has bots or is being led by MHers anymore. It's more fun to get there as a crew and being a summoner lets me be the guy who helps everybody do that.

i played a summon necro last season and in a baal run i could only amp and ce otherwise i'd get the "NO SUMMONS U NOOB" scream. i haven't made a necro yet, but i have been complimenting necros on their summons tanking for me.

Mursilis

Aug 2, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
I can understand that statement. I played a game last night with 3 summoning necros at once. That game lagged like there was no tomorrow, I had to move away from the main group to be able to see what I was doing.

Regardless it's rather fun, considering I haven't played Bnet for a few years. Everyone seems more geared towards working together than looking out only for themselves, which is nice.

However there are a few spammers out there. One appeared in a game yesterday and got out 3 lines before it timed out. Perhaps the time out was a Blizzard measure to try and eliminate them, I can't say. Either way I'm glad it didn't last very long.

pippen

Jun 24, 2003
Merrillville, Indiana
Visit site
Lvl 76 Summoner necro here, funny how I didn't play a necro in 1.10, and see so many summoners, hammerdins, and sorcs...not much originality yet, but no hacks, bots, and MH(That is the best, but, damn, if I have to go all 4 ways one more time in Arcane I am going to scream!!!)

Small price to pay, also, in HC, no arrogant punks with MH, chicken, and scan your gear...(Insult me and I will have a chance to kill you now, not just cause you to drop, you come back, and swear you dont have chicken turned on...(And asking for another go when you think you can kill me)

Also no PK's yet, and even if there are soon, they still dont have the top gear they need to PK

After 5 years, Damn, I still love this game...spent most of the weekend playing Diablo...

mainaman

Jun 25, 2005
virginia
well i'm playing with a meteorb sorc and since that is my first sorc ever its fun but unfortunately i'm kinda stuck in a1 hell since im not powerful anough to go on to next acts.It is hard to find good items but so far i had some luck-pheasant crown,helmouth war gountlets,stormguld,40s crown shield eth,haemosu adamant(my armor for now) and other rare rings ammys boots,gloves.
Unfortunately the good drops are in hell and i can't get to them for now ...too bad for me lol.
anyway as most ppl mentioned the game is now more about team work and i personally think no MH is better.

maasturi

Aug 5, 2005
finland
It has been extremely lucky for my orb-firewall sorc so far. Though, at first I made a hardcore-char since I've always played hardcore, but then as my connection changed to a cheaper and crappier one my paladin instantly died because of lag.

So, I decided to make a softcore character instead, get some nice gear that I can never lose by dying, and on top of all, duel. Dueling has always been my favourite way to play d2. Although softcore seems a little cheesy; you know, you cannot die, you could just take all of your barb points into strength since you don't need vitality, you can just go grab your corpse again.

But what the hell. The most important thing for me is to have fun, and I definitely will. After 5 years now it still seems exciting to get new stuff and play the game again, although I don't have that much time to play the game anymore. I don't need an enigma to have fun in duels, and I hope there will be more like me when I get some gear to duel with.

Right now my orb-firewall sorc is doing pretty well, ok, it's not, it's stuck in act2 in hell. And Andariel has stopped giving me items at all, although I have around 110 mf. I've begun hating her since finding catacombs level 4 is totally ****.

I haven't traded a single item yet but I have found some excellent stuff. I have made myself a spirit sword, found magefist, hotspur, gheeds fortune, buriza, a 19 to life small charm and an elemental skiller. Oh, and a tal rashas amulet from nm andariel. And a ko rune. Heh, I feel I have never been this lucky.

I just wish I knew what those items are worth such as the skiller and the amulet. Oh by the way, how come everyone is making a meteorb sorc instead of a firewall-orber? My sorc deals full orb damage (skills level 24) and around 4000 per second with fire wall. Well, perhaps the meteor is just better.

Right now I'm planning to make a new character. I would like a barb or a smiter paladin. But I don't have equipment to either of those and I think they require that. So perhaps I will make an amazon using buriza. Who knows.

This is my first "real" post on this forum, so hi everyone. I'm playing on europe realm, so you can come and say hello to *maasturi if you like, or I don't know what the thing is here, but anyways. I've mostly been playing on my own so far.

-maasturi

Sonoluk

Aug 16, 2005
Basement
Well the starts a lot better consitering i started my 1.11 career after the massive amount of ip and cd key bans going throughout bnet targeting hacks (mh). Thank god i dodged that bullet! Anyways, it's been really tedious for the first few days getting a mf sorc up to code using a 3 p topaz socket helm and 4 socket armor for my mf % needs but its really starting to work out. Mfing is of course HARDER than previous with the aid of the dreaded mh but ive been doing it for years so finding durance lvl 3 has a pretty simple pattern to figure out so it doesnt take too much time. As a plus ive found items ive never had found previously such as eschuta's temper already. It could be better though.

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
BTW , does anyone of you feel that the game is much less laggy after the massive banning? For me , living in Asia, playing in UsWest, really feeling very smooth throughout the game after the banning!

It's just a great work from Blizz.!