• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

How does this look for gear...

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
How does this look for gear...

Ok so my trapsin following jrichards Ls/Fb/Ds excellent build on ladder has aqquired some decent gear.

He uses the following

2X +3 trap claws with 2X +3 shadow claws on switch for fade///SM prebuff.

+3 trap ammy

+3 trap circlet (mabye i will socket)

Smoke armour

Hotspur

Crappy magic belt rings and glove. Obviously these need to go but...

How does the setup look?

Also, how important is it to have a higher Wb than lvl 1? The trapper in pvm is very defensive and with max resists + a lil dr+ all vita +~30% WB i should be fine in later hell? (with shadow and merc tanking)

What cheap gloves///rings///belt would u reccomend? Im almost at max resist in hell for Fr///Lr so mabye get it to max? Fhr? Dr from SOE? Frostburn?

Experienced trappers help plz :/

Fred

Jun 6, 2005
For the most part the gear you have will definitely keep you alive in hell especially since you have a merc and SM. The only way to really upgrade would be a COH and obviusly some of those ridiculously expensive trap claws. DR is always something nice to have as well. I would like to see your stats and how much HP you have to really recommend you even using DR for pvm.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
DarthStephinus said:
For the most part the gear you have will definitely keep you alive in hell especially since you have a merc and SM. The only way to really upgrade would be a COH and obviusly some of those ridiculously expensive trap claws. DR is always something nice to have as well. I would like to see your stats and how much HP you have to really recommend you even using DR for pvm.

im lvl 73, 79 base strength///dex 270 ish vita, 1.1k life. 90 fr in hell. 75 lr. Screw pr///cr. 3.9k light sentry.

Following jrichards guide.

Fred

Jun 6, 2005
I would say use SOE for that extra edge in your defenses. You never know when a stray opponent will break off and attack you and since you have resists pretty well covered even slight DR could save your assassins life in those rare cases. 30% WB is also fine since you will more or less be avoiding attacks and having attacks tanked for you 95% of the time. Overall I would say you should be good to go. Frosties would be good if you feel like you are shortchanged on mana.