• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

How does poison work in pvp?

Gibberling

Aug 5, 2005
How does poison work in pvp?

If I drink a antidote it raises my poison resist to 85(if my base resists are high enough) correct? Does it produce any other effects like slowing poison down?

Also lets say I do 500 poison damage. If I hit someone twice then do they recieve 1000 total poison damage or will it still be 500?

Does poison also suffer from the 1/6th pvp penalty?

Final question, is poison viable in pvp?

morotsjos

Banned
Dec 15, 2003
Gibberling said:
If I drink a antidote it raises my poison resist to 85(if my base resists are high enough) correct? Does it produce any other effects like slowing poison down?

Also lets say I do 500 poison damage. If I hit someone twice then do they recieve 1000 total poison damage or will it still be 500?

Does poison also suffer from the 1/6th pvp penalty?

Final question, is poison viable in pvp?
1. Correct and no.
2. Poison does not stack so without any timegap between hits it will only be 500 dmg.
3. Yes.
4. No.

semisonic9

Oct 21, 2004
Florida
4. If you enjoy hit and run tactics and team dueling. It ranks somewhere around kicksin, IMO, as a pubby or all-around dueler.

Had one, loved him, was very fun, especially in pubbies. Enough fcr and the good head to tele like a nutter in and out of damage range, and you're golden. If there was some way to cast venom on a widowmaker, or something along those lines, you'd see WAY more of these guys, but ultimately low life and what's basicly a large radius melee attack that needs two hits to kill (my fire golem never got a finishing kill in his life, not on purpose anyway).

Perks? Well, with a facet, duels often end in ties as your death-nova tends to kill em. LR is great to annoy people in pubbies with, and bonewall usually let me kill smiters/chargers. FCR is the key, and that takes some expensive and rare equipment. If you got the money, they're a kick, and better than people expect, but not "uber".

Jerkazoid

Jun 24, 2003
UsWest
www.jerkazoid.com
Gibberling said:
IDoes it produce any other effects?
both thawings and antidotes add +50% resistance for their element and raise its max resistance by 10%

also each one u drink lasts 30seconds.. so if u drink 10 of em ull have the effect for 300 seconds (as long as u dont leave the game or die.)