• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

How Do You Report New Ladder Duper to Bliz?

Jeladan

Aug 2, 2005
How Do You Report New Ladder Duper to Bliz?

Read title or is there no way of doing so? I have his account name just want him banned. I didnt think dupers found their way into new ladder until today.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
Jeladan said:
Read title or is there no way of doing so? I have his account name just want him banned. I didnt think dupers found their way into new ladder until today.

Well first of all, what possible proof do you have that he dupes? If you just saw it, even if you made a screenshot of him saying it or something else. It doesn't proove anything?

Secondly, welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

Enjoy your stay, don't forget to read the rules (you didn't broke any, it's just that almost all newcommers tend to miss them)
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356062

Have a drink :drink: on the house :D

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
Jeladan said:

Personally, if you have his account + some evidence, I would report him so Blizzard can keep an eye on him and possibly plug the hole ( if they actually cared). Anyone should forward any information to Bizzard to help plug holes and stop dupers.

Mark

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
By "new ladder duper", you mean the guy who's selling ** HRs for $** on eBay? He's the only hint of duping I've heard of dupes in the new ladder. This sort of stuff can be reported to [email protected], although they most likely already know about it.

@Dawnmaster: The massive quantities of bulk runes being sold for incredibly low prices scream dupe. Even his auctions say
"Buy before patched".

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
I wouldn't know, I don't check ebay for virtual items :rolleyes:

What were YOU doing there? :D

(ps: just kidding, don't take it as an offense)

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
I've been checking eBay to see when the new ladder season would be flooded by dupes. On a side note, things were (and still are) pretty funny around there, a full sigon's set was selling for $20 american, and Shakos/Tals have been through the roof.

About duping, I'm pretty sure the person selling HRs duped for new ladder is a scammer. The email [email protected]***** is a know scammer.

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
You should'a seen the $50 shako! Don't those people know that the prices will deflate very, very quickly!?

It's like the person who payed me 8HR for my meph brain the first day of 1.11. Now it's worth like Ist...

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
Swerdlow said:
You should'a seen the $50 shako! Don't those people know that the prices will deflate very, very quickly!?

It's like the person who payed me 8HR for my meph brain the first day of 1.11. Now it's worth like Ist...
FIFTY for a shako?? and someone bought it? :eek:

plasmo

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
If he really is a duper, don't bother. The real ones have tons of CD keys (often from CD-key generators) and stuff stashed across hundreds of mules. You might get a few of his accounts banned, but that's like, what, a couple of hours of having his computer run programs for him? The real dupers (multiple computers all running multiple D2 instances 24/7) just laugh at Bliz's bannings; the only people who are stopped are small-timers, and stopping one of those is pretty useless. Like preventing someone from peeing in the ocean in Florida when you want to go for a swim in Australia.

Iconclast said:
First Windforce I heard about in LOD went on Ebay for $575 !
I remember seeing one at over $400 pretty early on. Early WFes were definitely the highest I ever saw single D2 items go. Although maybe a few of the hacked items (like whites) got higher when they were first released 1 at a time; I can't remember the exact ending prices of those.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Jeladan said:

don't, blizzard doesn't care despite what their grand warnings may say

djin

Apr 6, 2005
HEHE lol Swerdlow I was having fun with that 2. The day the patch came out, i also sold meph brain, but i sold it for 20 hr's :p.. Then i was selling Terror Key for 3 Hr's, Hate key for 6 Hr's, and Destruction keys for 10 Hr's. :p i managed to get all together 130 hr's. :) ..... Then ladder reset and i have looked to see if there still all there. :p.. I acually saw an account the other day go for 570$ on ebay.. Perfect fathom, ext ext. 8 lvl 85+ chars. lol. was insane...

Haxxorzed

Jun 20, 2005
san diego, CA
So how did you find out he was duping?

quick story..
I joined a game "I can dupe" so i can mess with this so called duper. Asked him if he can dupe and replies "yes." I buy a magic sash with 1 to life and drop it on the ground. "can you dupe this?" I ask. He picks up the sash and leaves :lol:

oh and about the WF, I can't top that. I do remember Iceblinks going for like $10-20 in the classic days.

DarkStooge

Aug 16, 2005
Jeladan said:
I didnt think dupers found their way into new ladder until today.
lol! :lol:

couldnt find their way? its not like u need a password or anything to get into ladder :rolleyes:

"omg dupers found how to check a box! we are DOOMED!" :lol: