• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

hordr. scroll in Nightmare

Aminal

Jan 19, 2005
Catskill,NY USA
hordr. scroll in Nightmare

Weirdest thing In Nightmare I did Rad and found the hordr scroll. Prob is that it stays in the inventory. I talked to Cain and even asked all I could about Everything hoping it would dissapear but it didn't. I ended up leaving it on the ground but I never saw it happen before the 1.11 patch

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
The game gives your the scroll in every diff after you kill rad; doesn't matter if you have a cube already or not. Just leave it on the ground.

Aug 1, 2005
Aminal said:
Weirdest thing In Nightmare I did Rad and found the hordr scroll. Prob is that it stays in the inventory. I talked to Cain and even asked all I could about Everything hoping it would dissapear but it didn't. I ended up leaving it on the ground but I never saw it happen before the 1.11 patch

I don't think the person above is quite understanding. I had the same thing happen yesterday and it is strange b/c it never happened b4 the patch as u said. No matter WHAT difficulty ur in, you get the scroll as it is part of the quest. It SHOULD disappear if u pick it up and talk to the people. If I remember correctly, before 1.11, the scroll didn't even drop in nm or hell simply b/c most ppl had the cube... those who didn't have the cube would receive the scroll in that difficulty. Even if it DID drop in all difficulties, upon picking it up and talking to the right person it SHOULD disappear. Think about it, in nm and hell you are doing all of the quests over again its just harder. The fact that you have or don't have the cube doesn't change the way the quest should work. Perhaps it is just a random bug, but no big deal. As the person said above, just leave it on the ground. I ended up having to do the same.