• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

hopefully original build: viable?

phool

Member
Apr 27, 2005
2,498
0
165
33
uk
hopefully original build: viable?

With so many sorcs in the new ladder season, it pains me to join the crowd and make one at all, but i really need that mf which my 1st, 0mf boss-slayer seriously lacks. So I decided to make something more original.

This build's main attack is inferno, which i hope to reach at least 3k with with almost entirely mf gear (+5 skills at most). For FIs I max FO and put about 5 points in CM. My skill distribution, completing to satisfaction at 95 points (lvl 84):
20 warmth (o prereq)
20 inferno (o prereq)
20 fire mastery (o prereq)
20 freezing orb (5 prereq)
5 cold mastery (0 prereq)
1 teleport (1 prereq)
1 static field (o prereq)
1 lightning mastery (0 prereq)
1 frozen armor (0 prereq)
total: 89+6=95

I will probably also put 1 point in shiver armor as it adds at least an extra 15% or more ed.

At this stage, cheap item choices include angelic set, 2 rings, not inc the sickle (+100mf,+1skills,210def,+75 life, etc) and a +3inferno, +3warmth leaf.

Anyway, before I plan the build in detail, I'm basically asking whether inferno is bugged in 1.11, as wake of inferno apparently still is.
 

sword

Member
Aug 6, 2005
17
0
1
I've heard from various sources that the bug is still with the skill inferno :( . Perhaps you need to rethink the build a bit :/.
 

phool

Member
Apr 27, 2005
2,498
0
165
33
uk
that's a pain. I'll do anyway though, for the 30yrd flame cool factor :thumbsup: If it works anyway I will do some more on this build
 

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
phool said:
that's a pain. I'll do anyway though, for the 30yrd flame cool factor :thumbsup: If it works anyway I will do some more on this build

No . . . really . . . the real damage is about 1/2 to 1/3 of what's displayed. It's a completely useless skill - which angers me horribly! The skill would be a lot of fun, but Blizzard refuses to fix it. Sigh.

Even if Flamebellow, the sword, would add the full +16 to Inferno on a sorc, it MIGHT be possible to use the skill. But nope, no good - it blows.

I feel your pain man - hang in there and look for more weird builds!
 

phool

Member
Apr 27, 2005
2,498
0
165
33
uk
If it's 1/2 damage, then I should still be able to manage 1.5-2k per second or so, so should be sufficient for players 1 or 2. And I always have backup for FO, though it denies the point somewhat of an unusual build. My next idea will have maxed SF for a reduce-everything-on-the-screen effect... watch this space :D
 

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
phool said:
If it's 1/2 damage, then I should still be able to manage 1.5-2k per second or so, so should be sufficient for players 1 or 2. And I always have backup for FO, though it denies the point somewhat of an unusual build. My next idea will have maxed SF for a reduce-everything-on-the-screen effect... watch this space :D

Seriously . . . believe me as someone who's tried it - you're setting yourself up for a serious dissappointment. Just trying to warn ya man!
 

Epsilon Eyez

Member
Feb 17, 2005
324
0
77
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
Inferno is seriously one of the worst attacks that has synergies, and only due to the bug. The range is something to treasure, but the damage is lacking and will barely dent an enemy in the higher levels. Maybe if you were mobile during use, then the problem would be partially alleviated, but the main roadblock lies in Inferno bug.
 

phool

Member
Apr 27, 2005
2,498
0
165
33
uk
Ok, I am resigned to this not being viable in hell. But would the char at least be able to kill nm meph? Using inferno? TBH, as sorcs lack summons, even if inferno did the listed damage it wouldn't be a great skill, just a cool one. I'll hav maxed inferno by lvl 50s, and if nothing else I can at least get the nm and hell hfs, so I am still going to do this char however rubbish.
 

ElJefeII

Member
Aug 2, 2005
146
0
41
47
New York City
phool said:
Ok, I am resigned to this not being viable in hell. But would the char at least be able to kill nm meph? Using inferno? TBH, as sorcs lack summons, even if inferno did the listed damage it wouldn't be a great skill, just a cool one. I'll hav maxed inferno by lvl 50s, and if nothing else I can at least get the nm and hell hfs, so I am still going to do this char however rubbish.


you could kill nm meph with this rather easily.

it is 1/2 damage i tested it. actually its not 1/2 its .55 to .60 the damage listed.

no one knows this as no one actually tested it besides me i think. and like 2 people responded to my post.

yay.

old school is dead.