• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Holy Shock Enchantress?

JanusJones

Feb 10, 2005
St. Louis, MO, USA
Holy Shock Enchantress?

Hey all - I'm considering what to do with some of my ladder runewords now that I'm off-ladder, and have a couple of Dreams lying around. I was thinking of building a Double Dream sorc, and have seen some interesting posts about them - including some that claimed something ridiculous like 50,000 damage per hit. The first question I had was - HOW? An inventory FULL of Lightning skill charms? I don't have Beast, nor do I wish to obtain one - I want to make a Passion PB-wielding sorc.

The next question was whether the following equip was along the right lines:

Helm & Shield: Dream of course!
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath (ias, +skills, deadly strike, lightning resist)
Armor: Chains of Honor (skills, resists, +damage to monsters)
Boots: Silkweaves (extra mana, fueling the energy shield)
Gloves: This one's hard - Drac's for the Life Tap? Soul Drainers for the Mana Leech? Frostburns for the extra mana (tempting!)?
Belt: Silkweave would be nice, but alls I have is a Nosferatu's Coil (ias and slow), Verdungoes, String, etc.
Rings: Ravensfrost and an SoJ (more mana!).
Weapon: Passion Phase Blade (for Zeal)

Pre-buff would be a +20% Eschuta's and a spirit; Mercwear would be, of course, an Infinity polearm.

Next question - where to put my skills? I usually only make it to around level 85 or 86 before giving up on endless baal runs, so I'm figuring on a total of 84+12 = 96 skill points.

Warmth: 1
Firebolt: 1
Fireball: 1
Enchant: 20
Fire Mastery: 20

Energy Shield: 20
Telekinesis: 1
Static Field: 1
Charged Bolt: 1
Lightning: 1
Chain Lightning: 1
Teleport: 1
Lightning Mastery: 20

This leaves me with 89 skill points spent and two skills left to max: Warmth and Telekinesis. The basic issue is that either will add to my survivability: Warmth by increasing the mana regen rate (fueling the E-Shield), TK by synergizing E-Shield. Warmth, however, would add to my Enchant damage as well. Which one should I max?

Another option, I was thinking, was to use the Enchant on a Demon Limb on switch, which would allow me to max BOTH Telekinesis and Warmth for full synergy to the level 22 Enchant. However, Demon Limb would mean that Enchant wouldn't be affected by +skills equip.

What should I do? Suggestions?

Liliel

Oct 22, 2004
Australia
Max TK and Warmth before ES. Probably Warmth before TK. ES should be the last skill you max. For gloves, I'd go with the Dracul's Grasp. Mana leech is fairly pointless when you get max Warmth.

JanusJones

Feb 10, 2005
St. Louis, MO, USA
Pier said:
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312309

This is a guide to a double dream sorc, maybe it's helpful.

Grr pIER

Thanks - I've read it, but it seems to focus on using Beast to transform into a Bear. I want to go the Zeal route, and since I won't have the defense of a Bear it seems my skill considerations will have to be slightly different.

TK/Warmth instead of E-Shield? Ok . . . but then the % won't be too high - I'd be worried about my life being high enough. Drac's would, however, take care of this - seems like an educated choice, I agree.