• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Help with mf character

lololol

Dec 3, 2003
Help with mf character

Hi!

I was thinking of making a mf character to meph run. Just wondering wich character is the best mf character and what skills should I have. And what mf gear should I wear(I have nothing :(....). And Should I meph run or mf somewhere else in the game?

Tnx

WingBlade

Jul 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
lololol said:
Hi!

I was thinking of making a mf character to meph run. Just wondering wich character is the best mf character and what skills should I have. And what mf gear should I wear(I have nothing :(....). And Should I meph run or mf somewhere else in the game?

Tnx

The BEST mfer runner from the various MF threads, seem to be Sorceress.

Do u plan on running NM or HELL Meph?

for NM Meph u don't need the best gear, just decent MF gear and rez to keep you out of the grave. (TarnHelm, Wiz, 4-soc gothic ptpz)

for HELL Meph, u will need optimal gear, this doesn't mean UBER, just optimal ( Shako, Wiz/Occy, etc...)

Now the sorcy build has come to various conflicting ideas.

I myself have a HELL MEPH runner, Pure Cold Sorcy (FO) w/ max Telk. This is my preference.

The fact that you have no gear for the most part.

I suggest making a Necro Summoner, and u can MF most areas, aside from Meph... yes u can do Meph, but it takes way toooo long.

Best MF areas for a necro in HELL would be THE PIT (Act 1 - Tamoe Highlands), Shenk / Eld / Pindle and lastly Baal.

sohcan

Jun 23, 2003
Outside of using a necro, and yes they are great for mf, I recommend a lightning trapper. Mine is currently level 85 and she has gone from 77-85 primarily on act 5 E/S/P running. That run isn't the goldmine that Meph can be but its a lot safer and a lot quicker.

For a sorc make sure you hit the 63% faster cast breakpoint for teleporting through durance, it allows you to pretty much zip past anything down there.