• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Help transferring characters

perad

Aug 16, 2005
london
Help transferring characters

I have already lost a level 91 druid when my brother formatted my pc. (we tried to move them but failed.) Now it threatens again as he is taking his pc away and i am getting a new one. I need to move my characters to my new computer so that i can still use them. I like to play tcp/ip games with my friend.

I was wondering if there was a program or a list of files which i could use to transfer my characters successfully this time.

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Go to C:/Program Files/Diablo II/save

There is a list of files that deal with every singe player/open char you've ever made. Copy these files to a Disk and load them onto your new computer. You'll have them all.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Last time I played singleplayer, back in the dark ages, all you had to do was backup the "Save" directory inside the installation directory of D2. I don't think they changed that.

Other than that, consider it the singleplayer variant of a ladder reset :)

Twoflower

Banned
May 22, 2004
or use atma

can be foudn in the single player forum, which deals whit tcp ip games as well

perad

Aug 16, 2005
london
I have attempted to use the disc but i couldn't find a place to put the character file, and when i put it back in the character folder it didn't work and it messed up diablo.

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
perad said:
I have attempted to use the disc but i couldn't find a place to put the character file, and when i put it back in the character folder it didn't work and it messed up diablo.

Probably it is due to the version mis-match..
By copying the files and the save folder and paste it in the targeted computer is the way to transfer ur character, so do I using this method when I used to play single-player game.