• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Help me with my dreamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertiming

Aug 3, 2005
washington
Help me with my dreamer

Okay so this is going to be my equipment for my Dream Paladin.

Helm: Dream Bone Visage
Armor: Dusk CoH
Shield: Dream Kurast
Weapon: Doom Zerk (Grief is too expensive on NL)
Belt: Verdungos (should I switch to Arachnid?)
Gloves: Dracul's
Boots: Gore Riders
Amulet: Highlord's
Ring: Raven Frost
Ring: BK?/Raven?

As stats go its the usual enough str for equip, dex for max block, rest in vit, etc, etc.

But I need a little help for my skills. This is what I'm going to be getting for sure.

20 Resist Lightning
20 Conviction
20 Charge
4 Zeal (or just 1, mainly for PvM and at times PvP)

From here I'm a bit lost. I see as I have two options. Either go for:
20 Holy Shield/rest in Might
OR
20 Might/rest in Vigor
So basically Damage or Defense. I dunno which will be more efficient or effective in the long run. For the most part I'll probably be dueling in public games.

So any help on the skills and equipment would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

atiari

Aug 1, 2005
Ossineke
undertiming said:
Okay so this is going to be my equipment for my Dream Paladin.

Helm: Dream Bone Visage
Armor: Dusk CoH
Shield: Dream Kurast
Weapon: Doom Zerk (Grief is too expensive on NL)
Belt: Verdungos (should I switch to Arachnid?)
Gloves: Dracul's
Boots: Gore Riders
Amulet: Highlord's
Ring: Raven Frost
Ring: BK?/Raven?

As stats go its the usual enough str for equip, dex for max block, rest in vit, etc, etc.

But I need a little help for my skills. This is what I'm going to be getting for sure.

20 Resist Lightning
20 Conviction
20 Charge
4 Zeal (or just 1, mainly for PvM and at times PvP)

From here I'm a bit lost. I see as I have two options. Either go for:
20 Holy Shield/rest in Might
OR
20 Might/rest in Vigor
So basically Damage or Defense. I dunno which will be more efficient or effective in the long run. For the most part I'll probably be dueling in public games.

So any help on the skills and equipment would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I say pump holy shield, as you can get a might merc. Just my .02

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
go for fully synergized AURADIN u have 4 different attacks fire light charge and zeal

being only dreamadin gives u great results vs immune to cold fire and poison how about 2 bosses at the same time immune to light ? yes i know conviction reduces resistance but if some monsters are immune to light its taking much longer to kill them with ur auras. most of pvp chars are full of light resists and finally u r easy to negate and u dont have DR AR and DEF :((

also an auradin easilly gets 85 / 75 / 90 / 75 resists in hell ( with no COH on)

if u wanna be a dreamadin anyway go for higher block and more AR

regs

jantsa87

Feb 24, 2005
im pretty sure patch 1.11 made it so the dream's auras dont stack anymore. it cut my pally's dmg in half neway. 9k----> 6k overnight

undertiming

Aug 3, 2005
washington
Well I really don't care about PvM too much. I'll have a merc on standby if I really need it. But for the most part I'll be playing PvM with a party. AND as for stacked resists in PvP, do most ppl stack LR now? Cause I don't see very many PvP Lightning Sorcs nor FoH Paladins as much. But then again there are Trappers. Well eh. If they have massive LR then I'm screwed.

And I WOULD go for Dream/Dragon/HoJ and become a full Auradin but my funds are limited and after getting two Dreams I don't think I'll have enough to afford a Dragon ARmor and HoJ weapon. I MIGHT if I do some crazy trading.

EDIT: Just read jantsa87's post. Can anyone else confirm this? Cause if its true, I'll be really sad. :(

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
undertiming said:
Well I really don't care about PvM too much. I'll have a merc on standby if I really need it. But for the most part I'll be playing PvM with a party. AND as for stacked resists in PvP, do most ppl stack LR now? Cause I don't see very many PvP Lightning Sorcs nor FoH Paladins as much. But then again there are Trappers. Well eh. If they have massive LR then I'm screwed.

And I WOULD go for Dream/Dragon/HoJ and become a full Auradin but my funds are limited and after getting two Dreams I don't think I'll have enough to afford a Dragon ARmor and HoJ weapon. I MIGHT if I do some crazy trading.

EDIT: Just read jantsa87's post. Can anyone else confirm this? Cause if its true, I'll be really sad. :(

I play a smiter on Eu NL, and i got a 148 light res pala shield on switch (need to remake it, its got 1 tal 2 ort 1 ptopaz), a tgod, a 70 all kiras, a wisp and a point in resist lightning (gives 100% light res after +skills) just to handle fohers and dreamadins, so GG if a foher beats my 300 light res ( since that's pretty impossible). And i dunno about if ppl have lightning resistance gear, but at least i keep seeing tele fohers and lightning sorcs all over NL (maybe coz of the vry godly 45k dmg they can have), so i wouldn't just count on a ele char, i would also have a non-ele char for sorbers/stackers (like me xDDD)

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
my auradin still does 10 k single attack i think auras stll stacks

if u r wearing light resist gear like + 300 light resists vs FOhers or drreamadins
keep in mind i will use dragon shield which gives me lvl 44 holy fire aura (hoj + dragon+ dragon)

which ever way u take u have to have like + 250 fire resists and + 250 light resits - hard to do so

anyway any char can be charged or zealed to death

regs

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
sizgar said:
my auradin still does 10 k single attack i think auras stll stacks

if u r wearing light resist gear like + 300 light resists vs FOhers or drreamadins
keep in mind i will use dragon shield which gives me lvl 44 holy fire aura (hoj + dragon+ dragon)

which ever way u take u have to have like + 250 fire resists and + 250 light resits - hard to do so

anyway any char can be charged or zealed to death

regs

Hmm, how can u have Dream helm, Dream shield, HoJ, Dragon armor and Dragon shield on all at the same time? And ofc if i will start meeting more of Dragon-using palas, i will get another dwarf and make a 150 fire res shield. Unless you meant that u will use Hoj+Dragon armor+Dragon shield+Dream helm. Well then Dream's dmg will suck, and i will use +100 all salvation and +70 all kiras+1 dwarf and 1 wisp and a nokozan. i really wanna u see beat a char with those. Owh, and if u really have some hard aura dmg, i can always make a 4x um pala shield to play around u, since 100+70+**+20=278, meaning u will hmm, tickle me? And to play mean vs u, i can always get my upg umed ga from stash and slap on a wisp, tgod, dwarfstar and hotspur, then u will heal me, GG.

Invigilator

Jun 19, 2005
Singapore
Genious.
If you stack all that Resistance, your damage will be reduced.
Severely.
e.g: You stack all that Light Resis. And you lose DR, Life, Mana and other good mods.
Edit: Stacking too much of any one type of resistance will cause you to lose damage. Unless you are a Barb and have Nat Resis. Or something that +X% to all Resistance.

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
Ce Olba said:
Hmm, how can u have Dream helm, Dream shield, HoJ, Dragon armor and Dragon shield on all at the same time? And ofc if i will start meeting more of Dragon-using palas, i will get another dwarf and make a 150 fire res shield. Unless you meant that u will use Hoj+Dragon armor+Dragon shield+Dream helm. Well then Dream's dmg will suck, and i will use +100 all salvation and +70 all kiras+1 dwarf and 1 wisp and a nokozan. i really wanna u see beat a char with those. Owh, and if u really have some hard aura dmg, i can always make a 4x um pala shield to play around u, since 100+70+**+20=278, meaning u will hmm, tickle me? And to play mean vs u, i can always get my upg umed ga from stash and slap on a wisp, tgod, dwarfstar and hotspur, then u will heal me, GG.

of coz i meant hoj +dream helm + dragon armor + dragon shield OR dream shield
ok let say u r fully resistant to fire + light dmg but thats what i said i still have charge and zeal attack keep in mind that HOJ is made in phase blade and it does some physical dmg as well. i always do dmg. i did tested that vs fully resistant ES sorc my auras sux vs her but charge + zeal does the trick
wearing such gear as u pointed u have no DR at all to be honest u can NOT be immune vs all auradins attack simply as that. im not a fire ball sorc who duels some1 with 95 fres + abs
any more questions ?

btw did u duel an auradin with such setup or its olny ur theory ?

regs

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
sizgar said:
of coz i meant hoj +dream helm + dragon armor + dragon shield OR dream shield
ok let say u r fully resistant to fire + light dmg but thats what i said i still have charge and zeal attack keep in mind that HOJ is made in phase blade and it does some physical dmg as well. i always do dmg. i did tested that vs fully resistant ES sorc my auras sux vs her but charge + zeal does the trick
wearing such gear as u pointed u have no DR at all to be honest u can NOT be immune vs all auradins attack simply as that. im not a fire ball sorc who duels some1 with 95 fres + abs
any more questions ?

btw did u duel an auradin with such setup or its olny ur theory ?

regs

only in theory, since ive not yet met 1 of those pure auradins. Mostly ive just met Torchadins and Dreamadins. But what im pointing out is, that yes, ofc u can kill me, but most of the ppl who make Dreamadin or Torchadin or Auradin, make them just coz they want to be bm or coz they know that build mostly just needs running around, and vs those running people, who are too dumb to charge/zeal, i will be on the top. And i just tested this gear setup with all the lightning to a foher with no facets (only 5/5 in zaka) and he did a low of only 40 dmg to my 1k life (i dont have cta or 20 life scs), meanin he would need to hit me 25 times, when i would only need to hit like 1-10 times with my grief pb. And yes, as soon as i will get all the gear i named (still missing umumumum shield, hotspur) and once i will meet a auradin, i will test it. And owh, btw, ive tested all that lightning gear vs a doom+dream+dream+coh Auradin, and i was satisfied with the results, since he couldn't beat me unless he hit me (which is vry damn hard with my 20k def). And i forgot 1 thing, how will u hit me, unless u use angelics, since i got 20k def with lightning gear setup? And if i will use a a dwarf and a 20 wisp, u will still only heal me, unless u take those auras off, and then your dmg will be pitiful. So well, u can beat me, but not just that easily.actually i would just have a 6x 5/5 lightning facet and a 4x lightning facet armor in stash if i were u, since that extra -50 lightning res can never hurt, and we tested it with a foher, he used a 5x 5/5 3 foh scep and a 4x 5/5 armor, and he did hurt me, took about 600 of my 1100 life. And that's why i suggest those faceted items, but in the end, its all up to you. But yes, of all the choices, a Hoj+dragon+dragon+dream auradin is the best, but ofc u can use a doom merc too, and then i will have trouble.

And by this i mean 1vs1 private duels, since in public games there will always be a lamer who would take the advantage over my ele gear and kill me over and over. I've experienced that, and it's not cool. Anyone has any idea how much Hotspurs would cost on Europe NL?

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
im on europe nl so u can find me on *ralasom3 :D

btw u r right saying that most dumb ppl use auradins or torchadins or dreamadins with no charge or zeal
also u r saying that u will use dwarfs or wisps or whatever else to absob ele dmg well u need to know (im sure u know this already) auradin is so lame and to be honest with u i made him only vs all those dumb casters interupting my main melee duels eg trap assas sorcs etc etc for sure if any melee is using abs that makes me not really effective i will come back with my melee pala to explain that unreasonable hostiling was a bad idea (personally i do not hostile anyone in the game if i duel some1 it happens only on some1s request)
just wondering why u want to use umumumum shield (assuming u r pala) ummed HOZ gives u nice resists as well with skills def etc
and probably hotspurs are easy to find on norm game during andys or mephs run so u dont even have to ask for the price check out anyway if u want to buy them i would say 2-4 pg

regs

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
sizgar said:
im on europe nl so u can find me on *ralasom3 :D

btw u r right saying that most dumb ppl use auradins or torchadins or dreamadins with no charge or zeal
also u r saying that u will use dwarfs or wisps or whatever else to absob ele dmg well u need to know (im sure u know this already) auradin is so lame and to be honest with u i made him only vs all those dumb casters interupting my main melee duels eg trap assas sorcs etc etc for sure if any melee is using abs that makes me not really effective i will come back with my melee pala to explain that unreasonable hostiling was a bad idea (personally i do not hostile anyone in the game if i duel some1 it happens only on some1s request)
just wondering why u want to use umumumum shield (assuming u r pala) ummed HOZ gives u nice resists as well with skills def etc
and probably hotspurs are easy to find on norm game during andys or mephs run so u dont even have to ask for the price check out anyway if u want to buy them i would say 2-4 pg

regs

Well, i know that a lot of ppl will come back with a uber char after u sorb them, but then, ill msg to my mate and we will have a little fun on you. So actually, no matter what you do, i will always win. And btw, u get to be on my BL once u brb and nk me, since imo it's pretty weak that if u can't beat me with 1 char u come with another, since im not 1 of those who got spare Zod's on mules and shizzle. I only use 1 char, and that's my smiter. And myself i was also wondering that umumumum shield, but lol, it can give you a load of extra resistances, but i guess i will stick with HoZ. And ofc, i said i use a smiter, didn't i? And as for myself, i try to act polite in the PvP games, but most ppl are just total jerks, and they nk, call u noob, do whatever to make u shout at them, even call you and your family names. And if i get nked and called names or 2 vs 1'ed or something as lame, i will just msg my mate or two and they will be there. :) And u can bet that i would make an auradin too if i had enough of extra runes, but i don't (i needed to ask for my mate for a Lo so that i could get myself an enigma :( )

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Ce Olba said:
Well, i know that a lot of ppl will come back with a uber char after u sorb them, but then, ill msg to my mate and we will have a little fun on you. So actually, no matter what you do, i will always win. And btw, u get to be on my BL once u brb and nk me, since imo it's pretty weak that if u can't beat me with 1 char u come with another, since im not 1 of those who got spare Zod's on mules and shizzle. I only use 1 char, and that's my smiter. And myself i was also wondering that umumumum shield, but lol, it can give you a load of extra resistances, but i guess i will stick with HoZ. And ofc, i said i use a smiter, didn't i? And as for myself, i try to act polite in the PvP games, but most ppl are just total jerks, and they nk, call u noob, do whatever to make u shout at them, even call you and your family names. And if i get nked and called names or 2 vs 1'ed or something as lame, i will just msg my mate or two and they will be there. :) And u can bet that i would make an auradin too if i had enough of extra runes, but i don't (i needed to ask for my mate for a Lo so that i could get myself an enigma :( )
You're so godly, you can Absorb.

Absorb Hammers please.

Absorb Tornados please.

Back on topic-

Zeal Dreamer>You.

Max Zeal, Res Light, HS, Fanat, rest into Sac.

This Paladin uses 2 Dreams, Grief or an EDC, and Enigma. He also uses Fanat instead of Convic to hit the 4 Frame Zeal. He deals out a whopping 9k Physical Damage. Absorb that please =].

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
Ce Olba said:

i think u didnt understand me properlly ~~ sorry it could be my bad coz im not native english speaker ;) i said i do not host ppl in pubs game as first one i duel only if some1 wants it or if some1 attacks me first
of coz pubs are full of kiddies and lammers but as i said if u r a smiter and if u want to duel my pure auradin and if u use absorb be sure i will be back with a smiter as well to make it more fair
lol who said a word about pking ? calling names etc ? it comes from ur side and if u want to call ur m8s in coz eg u will loose to an auradin who doesnt play BM way go on and u need to know i have friends as well lol what a stupid conversation who will win due to m8s etc

btw

ill msg to my mate and we will have a little fun on you. So actually, no matter what you do, i will always win. And btw, u get to be on my BL once u brb and nk me, lol how old are you ??? sorry m8 i dont wanna be too offensive but it sounds kiddish. im too old to play ur way .....
this is going too far its actually out of topic and i consider it as EOT

gl getting ur LO rune sure friends will always help u

regs

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
GkT said:
You're so godly, you can Absorb.

Absorb Hammers please.

Absorb Tornados please.

Back on topic-

Zeal Dreamer>You.

Max Zeal, Res Light, HS, Fanat, rest into Sac.

This Paladin uses 2 Dreams, Grief or an EDC, and Enigma. He also uses Fanat instead of Convic to hit the 4 Frame Zeal. He deals out a whopping 9k Physical Damage. Absorb that please =].

Lol, as long as u use Dreams, that's not 100% physical, but about 50% or more based on the dreams aura. And lol, there is no point in using those dreams without conviction, slap on 2x 20% wisps, coa berber and 15% dungo and GG. And no, im not saying im godly, im just saying, that ppl do absorb and that's why u should really consider it a lot before u make an ele char (unless u are 1 of those uber rich jerks who make a dreamer just to look modern) since ppl do absorb. Most ppl will use max resistances, bugged items, absorb, and they will do anything to win, even 5vs1 you. And a dreamer aint gonna do good, since a dreamer is easily toast in a 2vs1, but yes, unless u meet ppl like me (who consider foh noob and dreamers lame), u will be all ok.

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
Ce Olba said:
Lol, as long as u use Dreams, that's not 100% physical, but about 50% or more based on the dreams aura. And lol, there is no point in using those dreams without conviction, slap on 2x 20% wisps, coa berber and 15% dungo and GG. And no, im not saying im godly, im just saying, that ppl do absorb and that's why u should really consider it a lot before u make an ele char (unless u are 1 of those uber rich jerks who make a dreamer just to look modern) since ppl do absorb. Most ppl will use max resistances, bugged items, absorb, and they will do anything to win, even 5vs1 you. And a dreamer aint gonna do good, since a dreamer is easily toast in a 2vs1, but yes, unless u meet ppl like me (who consider foh noob and dreamers lame), u will be all ok.

u should listen to urself ....... FOH noob .... dreamers lame .... how u gonna call tele sorc than ?? 2v1 ? sorry but it sounds like u have some expierence in this case....

HeavÃ…ngel can u close it ? thanks

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Ce Olba said:
What kind of char arfe you again? 2 Wisps won't heal you, you need TGods and probably Blackhorn's. That'll take away +Skills, Life, Res, etc.

Absorb my Hammers please.

And why are you going to 2v1? I can easily call my everyone in my /F L in here. Most people who are 'rich' like to team up and NK against Pubs who think they're great b/c they can Absorb or win 2v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.