• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Hello hardcore forum, Matts "I'm in Australia" post der=

Matt

Jun 22, 2003
Vermont
Hello hardcore forum, Matts "I'm in Australia" post

So, I see you all got the ladder reset.... The week I'm gone, in Australia!!! Oh well... I guess on the brightside, means I wont have any motivation to play, seeing how I missed the reset, which is good, because I've got college right around the corner.

Well, just saying hi, I'm in Alice Springs right now, heading home in 4 days, maybe I'll pop on and see what it looks like then.

So, just saying g'day from down under, good luck to all of you with 1.11, the reset etc etc. Hopefully I'll be back in the action for a day or two, in a few days. Cheers.

-Matt

(ps, extra points to me for using Australian phrases while in Australia)

Tool_Master

May 24, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I'll give you one extra point for the use of "G'day" but i didn't notice any other Aussie slang :lol: Gotta love Australia don't ya, such a great place. Are you coming down to Sydney for a while? Enjoy :thumbsup:
edit: make that 2 points for "down under"

ADSL

Jun 22, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Hope you are enjoying your trip, In about half a year im traveling down there aswell, for about 5-6 month, so any pointers on what to do down under is welcomed :)

Mn_Swe2

Jun 27, 2003
Sweden
www.diablo-guilds.com
Have a nice trip and enjoy yourself, both Matt and ADSL :)

I have just started back at work after vacation. Even if it's not very funny these first days it's ok, and will keep improving when I get more into it :)

/Magnus

Matt

Jun 22, 2003
Vermont
PhatTrumpet said:
Hey Matt, I won't have internet for another week, so if you're back then we can both start from scratch and try to catch up. Now with all the maphackers banned it shouldn't be too hard.

maphackers banned? This DOES sound good! Aight, I'm in Phat, lets kick some ***... in a week or so ;)

TM and Ska, First of all, hey fellas, havent talked to either of you in a while! As in, too long. Anyways, no points for "cheers"? Ahh ha! thats 3!

ADSL, you should probably ask the Aussies themselves, but from my short time, I'd reccomend:
Kakadu park, up by Darwin was very nice, Alice Springs is a nice town, I'll get back to you on that one when I'm back stateside ;)

-Matt

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
Matt said:
maphackers banned? This DOES sound good! Aight, I'm in Phat, lets kick some ***... in a week or so ;)

TM and Ska, First of all, hey fellas, havent talked to either of you in a while! As in, too long. Anyways, no points for "cheers"? Ahh ha! thats 3!

ADSL, you should probably ask the Aussies themselves, but from my short time, I'd reccomend:
Kakadu park, up by Darwin was very nice, Alice Springs is a nice town, I'll get back to you on that one when I'm back stateside ;)

-Matt

I'd keep 'cheers' as more of a british word than Australian :)

Jun 27, 2003
Australia
Visit site
How's the heat up that way Matt?

I spoke to a few ppl lately (patients) who were just up in Darwin - 38 degrees (Celcius of course).
Its about 10 where I am down in NSW.

1 point for "g'day".
No points for "down under" - only ppl from outside Australia say that!

G'day mate! How 'bout you throw another shrimp on the barbie? And let's see you play that didgeridoo. It's all good, mate.

Jun 27, 2003
Australia
Visit site
Ankeli said:
I'd keep 'cheers' as more of a british word than Australian :)
Correct, 'cheers' is a British term.

Matt, will you get to see the Barrier Reef off Cairns?
I recommend it. e.g. snorkelling at Green Island or similar off Cairns if you're going that way.
Airlie Beach on the Qld Coast is also a big tourist destination - many islands of the Whitsunday coast, sailing, etc, but watch out for the killer jellyfish. Lots of backpackers and other tourists - party spot.