• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Have ladder MF sorc, now what?

Morannon

Aug 30, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
Have ladder MF sorc, now what?

I have a lvl 73 blizz sorc that is running meph nm. She will stay there to supply my other chars.

What char should I make next? My final goal will be to make a char that can take out uber tristam and for that I will make a zeal/smite pala. Should I make that char already or is it better to make for example a hammerdin for hell mfing? In either way I must have better gear to take out the ubers.

So far my best items are 2xstrings, um, ko, duriel's shell.

STINGER

Jun 23, 2003
Dead Center, Hell
www.clanteb.com
Durys is enuff for me to go all out!

Tell you what though, as soon as you can get yourself to run Hell Andy safely do it. That witch gave me 9 Shakos last season and I dont really MF that much!!! I also stopped playing OCT 04.... BTW, I build MF sorcs with MAX rez and whatever MF I can add with Alibaba/(that MF shield 25% CNBF) on switch. Usually start with like 100 MF and just move up as I gain gear. ALWAYS 100% max rez and high life and max block.......only 8 slots not filled with charms. Mana/lifers FTW!

IMO the best way to get power is in charms. Charms make builds that arent great really damn solid. YOu need for best consistancy late NM and Hell charms and ofcourse all the gems you can get.

Hammerdin running solo in NM Act 3, 4, 5 in half full to full games can be one drop producing SOB but he really isnt a hell MFer IMO.

The faster you start rolling charms and getting lifers, multistats, things like 19 life 10 LR or deulin charms to trade the faster you improve. An inventory full of solid lifers is irreplaceable to any build!

Morannon

Aug 30, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
STINGER said:
Durys is enuff for me to go all out!

Tell you what though, as soon as you can get yourself to run Hell Andy safely do it. That witch gave me 9 Shakos last season and I dont really MF that much!!! I also stopped playing OCT 04.... BTW, I build MF sorcs with MAX rez and whatever MF I can add with Alibaba/(that MF shield 25% CNBF) on switch. Usually start with like 100 MF and just move up as I gain gear. ALWAYS 100% max rez and high life and max block.......only 8 slots not filled with charms. Mana/lifers FTW!

IMO the best way to get power is in charms. Charms make builds that arent great really damn solid. YOu need for best consistancy late NM and Hell charms and ofcourse all the gems you can get.

Hammerdin running solo in NM Act 3, 4, 5 in half full to full games can be one drop producing SOB but he really isnt a hell MFer IMO.

The faster you start rolling charms and getting lifers, multistats, things like 19 life 10 LR or deulin charms to trade the faster you improve. An inventory full of solid lifers is irreplaceable to any build!

Thank you!

It seams I must have missed a few things, there still is a bit noob in me after all. Should hang around here more maybe. So you say P gems can be used for something besides butting in items? K, I'll stop walking past them now.

So basicly I should upgrade my sorc to a hell andy runner and after that start building my smite/pala?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I used to roll charms way back when I last played. Well, thanks for reminding me.