• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Has the new ladder improved your D2 skill?

Which final two characters should I make?

• UNtwinked frenzy Barbarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twinked Wolfbarb

• UNtwinked Trapsin

• Twinked Martial Artist

• Total voters

DaCerZ

Aug 28, 2004
Glasgow, Scotland.
Has the new ladder improved your D2 skill?

Simple Poll. Do you believe that having to potentially play through and do all the quests, without being able to get a rush made you a better D2 player? I know for a fact that I feel slightly better, having to use skills that otherwise would be prereq only (like inner sight) and then totally bypassed. Trying to find good rares has became quite an obsession and I think i've got more chipped gems now than I ever have in my life.

So, do you feel you have or haven't gotten any better at actually playing the game, since the ladder reset?

-Dace-

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
Your options are a little bit too extreme I say. Wanted to say I didn't get better. But voting "No" would force me to call you a "noob". :p

Are you? :lol:

On a more serious note though, I don't think I've improved. Simply because solo-ing through quests with crap gear as a skelemancer doesn't require that much skill at all, or should I say, not as much as solo-ing quests with a sorc (for normal) or melee character with crap gear. All I need is another Mojo's wand/ammy/circlet/head.
:thumbsup:

I would imagine that people with most of the other builds improved though.

DaCerZ

Aug 28, 2004
Glasgow, Scotland.
Bit of light humour never hurts =P

I figured there wasn't really any great half-way points and if there is then people would reply and say so.

Generally I just wanted to know if everyone else is screaming at how crap they are like I am and if the game really has became totally item dependant.

-shrugs- Seems the easiest to me really.

-Dace-

P.S. I r teh l337, u r teh n00b. Read the 'tar =P lol j/k

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
I played a lot of singleplayer, and repractised my skills 3 months before this ladder started. I'd say I'm skilled (I have been playing Diablo Lod pvm/pvp, twinked/untwinked for about 4 years now) :thumbsup:

Elgar

May 4, 2004
Well, i never get rushed or anything, so the only new thing with the new ladder is that i have to start with nothing. It is fun finding that 3%ll +58 AR magic ring and being like "score!" Itll be even more fun when i get to NM meph and MF him for all he has.

So to answer your question, does the ladder reset make me a better player? Probably not as ive always solo'd or paired up while playing.

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
I wouldn't say its say that it has made me a better player (I was already pretty good :D ) but I fully agree with Elgar. Its a lot of fun finding a 4% LL ring and thinking, oh sweet, that better than my 3% one. The arctic set belt was a godly find at level 12. How can you beat that kind of cold resists that early in the game? Honestly, last night when I was doing normal Diablo, I debated to my self whether I should do the soulstone quest before or after Diablo. I decided to do it after because I wanted to use the Hellforge hammer (its got mad fire resists on it, but who ever even looks at it?)

I have always been one who has gone through the game and done the quests. I enjoy that part of the game I guess. Now, the 200 millionth time I have done the flail quest does get a bit old, but still, its a fun time. Like the hellforge, I wish I would have kept the flail because that really is a nice weapon for so low a level.

Joch

May 30, 2005
Belgium
I was lvl 81 and 151 of sorc ladder with a perfect viper, omfg craft amu
lvl 50 - 1 sorc 19 all res 6 fcr 13 energy 56 mana and some other mods
and my first found hr - vex.

now all is banned cause I let a friend use my account, account closed.

so my skills are just as 1337 as before but only this time, luck had smiled at me.

DaCerZ

Aug 28, 2004
Glasgow, Scotland.
That sucks =(

It does amuse me greatly, that the poll shows 7 yes and 11 no ... people are all hyped about the ladder reset to start over, start fresh... yet fall into the same rhetorical patterns =|

I for one, am highly annoyed at the difficulty of the claw viper temple, super fast, lightning enchanted boss... hellish, absolutely hellish

But at least it's not repeatative =D

-Dace; who feels a whole lot better about his d2 skills lately-

MindSlayer

Aug 12, 2005
I'm a ****ing bad player now, so I'd say ladder has made me worse heh. Nah I always played through the game and I used to be really good, but I died 3 times in act 1 with my first ladder character and thats just bad :)

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
No, simply because I do all quests in hell for all my characters (all PvM of course) even before this patch. Also, I haven't soloed trist yet, so no new content for me. The only difference that is there is that my items are worse and it might take a bit more skills.

5Ws

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
FL
Has it made my skill better, yes. Is it because of doing the quests, no.
I still rushed a little bit, and it's still the same old baal runs.
BUT
Having to MF NM Meph and now Hell Meph with literally nothing but crap did make me more skillful.

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
I've noticed in everyone I'm playing with, it's bringing back the ol' D1 skills of baiting out monsters a few at a time instead of just diving headfirst into the biggest pile of monsters you can find. It's pretty amusing to watch the baby hammerdins sitting delicately in the middle of where Lister is about to spawn. Not gonna happen, dude.