• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Harmony for Strafer

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
Harmony for Strafer

Harmony Rune word
I was looking at some low budget runewords for ladder for my strafer, though I asked this in a previous post I never really got much a response so trying again. Maybe not so much for just strafer but as a good PVE/MF Bow with big chunks of elemental damage? and what kinda bow, my first guess is Ward Bow or maybe Crusader?

Harmony
4 Socket Missile Weapons
Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko

Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
+200-275% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+9 To Minimum Damage
+9 To Maximum Damage
Adds 55-160 Lightning Damage
Adds 55-160 Fire Damage
Adds 55-160 Cold Damage
+2-6 To Valkyrie (varies)
+10 To Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 20%
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+2 To Light Radius
Level 20 Revive (25 Charges)

I noticed one other Runeword called Edge.

Edge
3 Socket Missle Weapons
Tir+Tal+Amn

Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
+35% Increased Attack Speed
+320-380% Damage To Demons (varies)
+280% Damage To Undead
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%!!!

Only guess would be to put this into a Ward Bow.

ToadKiller

Jun 23, 2003
Limbo, CA
Visit site
I think Harmony would make a nice Strafer bow. Nearly 500 elemental damage and high physical damage. Not to mention a bigger Valk, plus extra minions from Revive (though I don't know how much the repair cost would be for that).

TK

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
I think it would be pretty good.. I'm in the process of making mine, So for i've got an Tir-Ith-Sol-[Space] +1 4os matriarchal bow. I'm only using it to precast valk though.

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
hmm just realised "Edge" doesn't have any kind of Enchanted Damage. But doesn't that more less kill the whole purpose of weapon or maybe im missing something. Shame to have base damage on a weapon with such great stats.

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
shaftstop said:
hmm just realised "Edge" doesn't have any kind of Enchanted Damage. But doesn't that more less kill the whole purpose of weapon or maybe im missing something. Shame to have base damage on a weapon with such great stats.
Edge is the crappiest bow i've ever seen IMO. I used one on a gold find barb to get more buys in, since it reduces vendor prices. I think that's its only good mod.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Harmony for the most part will NOT cut it in multiplayer hell. 500 elemental damage doesn't mean a damn thing when almost all monsters have an immunity and medium-high resistance to another element. The bow has no deadly strike or other secondary offensive mods and its physical damage isn't stellar either. Monsters with tens of thousands of hitpoints will laugh at you. It does do well in nightmare though :)

before i get flamed i made a perfect 275% harmony great bow in season two, but i only used it in hell flayer and it was barely adequate there

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
not all that many things are viable for multiplayer hell. from my experience though, the harmony bow is a viable hell weapon for people without a lot of resources. you should put it in a 0 or -10 speed bow (i suggest matriarchal). although it doesnt kill with the speed of a hammerdin, infinity lightning sorceress, or windforce/fortitude/faith on merc bowazon... you can definitely finish the game with it.

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
yeah, as far as Im concerned theres nothing really viable in 8player hell which is kinda the point, requires alittle bit from everyone to be successful. but if I get stuck on my own ot sepereated i wanna know i can make it, hehe. right now im ona tight budget I just started hell sorta of im lv 75 on ladder. So I need something that wont cost me a ton but will be useful, I tend to lovepit runs and shenk/bloody heh so the extra elemental dmg would be nice, what attracted me to this runeworth aside frm cost is it reminded me of Bstar heh which is sitll fairly viable end game weapon. But it all comes down to cost right now too, until I am in aposition to start farming or mfing... I need something in meantime and a lv 46 rare bow... isn't helping.. heh my Valk right now can deal more damage in 8player game.

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
keeping it together.

Been tinkering around with amazon, for some reason she doesn't seem to be sitting right...Im not sure why but I feel as thought I wanna rebuild her but the thought of having to redo hell ladder...after the last two days I had in hell trying to get to act 5. It was just .... NO! heh.

Anyway maybe you all could tell me how shes looking, Shes only level 79 at the moment.

stats/without gear
120str
225dex
110vit
15eng

skills so far is

20strafe
20pentrate
20valk
5 evade/dodge/avoid (37%,37%,45% with skills I figure that would brought me around 50%)
I still have 4 skill points at the moment and I wasn't sure msotly because of gear limitations, wether I wanted pierce or cs or balance between the two.
Best I could come up with right now is 4 socket crusader bow for Harmony.

Could use some advice anyway to see maybe if its just me or there could be some changes I could do with skills. I know str I could have went with a lot less but since this is my first and its new season, whatevers on the ground I'd be using for the most part. Although now I can hand-me-down some old gear.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
I think harmony has potential, in p1 hell at least. Its dmg is on the low end of the spectrum, but vigor owns :)

And if the revive charges arent 2 expensive then you can have a cople more tanks, a pure dex harmony zon would be cool.

The elemntal dmg is just gravy. 275ed In one of the higher damaging bows wouldnt be bad at all, thats cruel mod, no ias on the RW tho :(

Fred

chipmc

May 17, 2004
Don't count on those Revives to be too helpfull. Since the zon herself has no Skeleton Mastery or Summon Resist they're pretty wimpy.

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
Yeah, I finally made a HArmony unfortunetly it was on a crusader bow so its rather slow for now and a low..low...low ED but it still awesome in nightmare.
202%ED & +3 valk. :(
But elemental kills stuff so fast and my strafe damage is still 1300 despite the second lowest ED possible. lol.
I found a 4 socket Ward Bow, I am gunna try remaking in it. I thought about making in Matriarchal Bow, but its hard to find anything with +2 or +3 bow skills let alone a 4 socket one... I might stick with finding a superior ward bow lucky for me the hardest rune to get in the set is ko I have about 4 sol's now and im tripping over rest.
I think if you wanted to use this runeword as sorta end game weapon it would probably have to be in something like a mat bow for sure a superior one with ED and +3 bow skills would be hot.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
shaftstop said:
Been tinkering around with amazon, for some reason she doesn't seem to be sitting right...Im not sure why but I feel as thought I wanna rebuild her but the thought of having to redo hell ladder...after the last two days I had in hell trying to get to act 5. It was just .... NO! heh.

Anyway maybe you all could tell me how shes looking, Shes only level 79 at the moment.

stats/without gear
120str
225dex
110vit
15eng

skills so far is

20strafe
20pentrate
20valk
5 evade/dodge/avoid (37%,37%,45% with skills I figure that would brought me around 50%)
I still have 4 skill points at the moment and I wasn't sure msotly because of gear limitations, wether I wanted pierce or cs or balance between the two.
Best I could come up with right now is 4 socket crusader bow for Harmony.

Could use some advice anyway to see maybe if its just me or there could be some changes I could do with skills. I know str I could have went with a lot less but since this is my first and its new season, whatevers on the ground I'd be using for the most part. Although now I can hand-me-down some old gear.

20-30 too much str
30-40 too much vit
dex should be 400+ with items
dodge/avoid/evade only deserve ONE point in pvm
hybridize with 20 lightning fury
unless you are using WWS, critical strike should be 50%+
get a might merc, act 2 nightmare offensive

harmony must be made in a base -10 bow to overcome the ZERO IAS on it

great bow
mat bow
blade bow

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
Omikron8 said:
20-30 too much str
30-40 too much vit
dex should be 400+ with items
dodge/avoid/evade only deserve ONE point in pvm
hybridize with 20 lightning fury
unless you are using WWS, critical strike should be 50%+
get a might merc, act 2 nightmare offensive

yes, I agree I think str was to high, I ended up rerolling, I like vit plan to stick with high vit but i wont hit much higher then 120-130, I'd rather not be 1hit ko'd in a laggy baal run with souls as I dont have leech or any gear cept for what I gamble and find on ground lol.
Im gunna stick with 110ish str I think it'll give me a buffer if anything as none of my gear really has any +str bonuses to it, that is my endish game MF/Demon Hunter gear. I'll still get like 290-300dex without gear so Im happy with that.
Thank you for the help. I have a 4 Socket Ward Bow right now which aside from mat seems to be a great bow for Harmony, that and I've not see many mat and great bows over 2 sockets :(

shaftstop

Jul 10, 2003
Thats pretty much why Ilike it so much, Im huge on bloodyhills/Pits anything big... like that for MFing which is the purpose of this character so vigor is awesome plus i was beating sorcs to baal in baal runs :X somuch fun! lol.
Just a shame I got a bad roll this time but Im looking forward to making ward version soon took me awhile but soon I'd like to work on finding that perf mat +3 mat bow if I dont get anything better but theres a couple other runewords I like too.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
chipmc said:
Don't count on those Revives to be too helpfull. Since the zon herself has no Skeleton Mastery or Summon Resist they're pretty wimpy.

Revives are not weak at all. Enemies in diablo2 have tons of life and low damage (compared to chars), especially in hell. Monsters do not deal enough dmg to kill monsters. My bone necro with level 1 skeleton mastery lvl1 revive and + 5 skills rarely see a revive fall before time runs out. The only time I loose a revive is if a revived demon imp or so and got him into some real trouble. I've never seen a Death Lord (big act 5 minotour) fall, and few others. Too bad no revive will be using curses and such...

arcticknight

May 28, 2005
Chicago, IL
in ladder season 2 i found a 3 os +3 grand matron bow....made a melody out of it for +6 to bow skills. heh. 20ias and knockback lol. made it just for fun and used it a couple times when dualing my friend for guided arrow boost on switch. problem is low damage. might make a strafer with peace armor or treachery (assasin armor) and melody when i start ladder. sometime. hopefully.

Arutha

May 20, 2004
arcticknight said:
in ladder season 2 i found a 3 os +3 grand matron bow....made a melody out of it for +6 to bow skills. heh. 20ias and knockback lol. made it just for fun and used it a couple times when dualing my friend for guided arrow boost on switch. problem is low damage. might make a strafer with peace armor or treachery (assasin armor) and melody when i start ladder. sometime. hopefully.

I made one of those in a +3 matriarical bow just to see the +6 also. Never shot a single arrow with it though.