• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

hammerdin magic find gear

slam

Jun 22, 2003
NH, USA
hammerdin magic find gear

my first ever hammerdin is in progress on ladder, and i plan to make him my main magic find character.

i don't trade, so am not going to be able to make enigma. i could make a hoto after a little while (i had the runes for it last season). i guess i'm asking.....

... what is the best moderate gear for a magic find hammerdin.

thanks

Tethir

Mar 31, 2005
Youre better off making a Sorc mfer to begin with, without Enigma Hammerdins aren't great at magic finding.

slam

Jun 22, 2003
NH, USA
that's alright, i don't care about the teleport. my magic finders have always been barbs in the past so my runs have never been that fast. sorcs are too frail for my liking

garion

Apr 8, 2005
San Francisco
my Goldfind hammerdin does great in hell (90 all res with GA) but i prefer nigma for faster runs....

but you can easily go and still throw out hammers around 8-9k (with an insight merc you'll be fine)

Goldskin/wealth/skullders
chancies
goldwrap/tals belt
mf rings/ammy
travllers

i usually use dwarf stars for mf, but sitll run witha maras..which i usually dont switchout...also i dont switch out my hoto (but will use a lem'ed ali baba on easier foes on my switch)...but you could easily do that and switch out to a

gull dagger

anycase theres some ideas..easy...and realativly cheap...

Realm_Fury

Oct 4, 2003
Visit site
and where are the good mf'ing spots?

I've been doing:

Act1 - Pit and Countess (key)
Act2 - Summoner(key)
Act3 - Travincal and Meph
Act5 - Highlands and Shenk, Baal and Nihilak

Sometimes I'll do Diablo but it takes too long and so far Meph and his minions are the best for drops but they can't drop the real high lvl elites can they?

Any other spots that are good?

Also as to the original question, you can use Tal's armor. It has decent mf.