• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Guardian Skunkeneggar

skunkbelly

Nov 13, 2003
In a snow drift in Upstate NY.
Guardian Skunkeneggar

Six down, one to go. Skunkeneggar the Singing Barbarian defeated the Hell Ancients and Baal this evening to become my sixth Guardian, and my first in 1.11. I also used the RWM for this one, my first Guardian that wasn't "vanilla." Skunkeneggar's merc used an Insight polearm, which was a big convenience, though mana burn bosses were still problematic. Other than that, Skunkeneggar's gear was a mixture of terrific and junk (see below).

The Ancients were an easy fight, strangely enough. I had to reroll once, due to mana burn in my first group… but the second batch was reasonable, and they were smushed much more quickly than I expected.

Level three of the Keep was scary, with physical immune witches and also OK’s running around. I did lots of leaping, and finally got down to the Throne. The Throne had witches (cold immune, much better), vampires and gloams, all of whom were quickly dispatched. The Minions also went down easy… until Lister, who spawned physical immune, stone skin, and extra strong. I finally had to go to town and buy a weapon with some elemental damage, and after a long, dreadfully boring battle, he finally went down.

Baal himself was also a long battle. He kept calling in his twin brother. But after a long while, he died, dropping a super 1336 Rogue’s Bow. Clearly, he deserved it.

So now, just a Druid is left, and I’ll have one of each. I have two Druids in hell right now, one mauler bear, and one windy… we’ll see what happens :D

Character name : Skunkeneggar
Character type : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 81
Character exp : 765250436

Strength : 86
Energy : 28
Dexterity : 85
Vitality : 301
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 3583 / 1379
Mana : 1845 / 108
Stamina : 1524 / 448

Gear:

Silkweave - Mesh Boots
The Spirit Shroud - Ghost Armor
Harlequin Crest – Shako (with Perfect Skull)
Frostburn – Gauntlets
Gloom's Trap - Mesh Belt
Wizardspike - Bone Knife (x2)
Echoing Amulet of Precision (+3 warcries, +14 dexterity)
Bahamut's Ring (+117 to mana)
Skull Band - Ring
Required Level: 46
Item Level: 58
+83 to Mana
+102 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +23%
4% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +3
Level 2 Dim Vision (25/25 Charges)

Charms:
Sounding Grand Charm (x2)
Serpent's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Snake's Small Charm of Sustenance
Rugged Small Charm of Vita
Serpent's Large Charm of Balance

On Switch:
Echoing War Sword of Flame
Echoing Long Sword

Mercenary Items:
Vampire Gaze - Grim Helm
Rattlecage - Gothic Plate
Insight - Superior Thresher

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
1336? :lol:

Your name reminded me of Schwarzenegger but he doesn't resemble a singing barb too much. :lol:

Congrats on the guardian!

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
A Guardian always deserves a congrats. So, congrats. It is a difficult feat and well worth posting it here!

Mar 25, 2004
Lithuania
Congrats ! And good luck with the last one :)

Ohh , and about your gear . I think that its actually pretty uber . Usually my hc chars end up using normal/exceptional rares :rolleyes:

Nov 21, 2004
Congrats on the guardian skunkbelly. Btw, what was the damage of WC and it's mana cost? Did you need to switch to CB gear for any boss battles?

-Slayer

skunkbelly

Nov 13, 2003
Well, final WC damage was 888 max... I could have boosted that a little, but it wasn't worth the other trade-offs. My merc used a Hone Sundan and Rattlecage, then switched to the Insight polearm in act 4... so he always had a little bit of crushing blow. The only time I had to switch a weapon was for Lister, due to the PI/SS.

May 14, 2005
Congratulations! I’m jealous! I never thought Singer may be Guardian. :thumbsup:

What are your skills? Max BO, WC, Howl and BC? What part of his gear was found by himself?

skunkbelly

Nov 13, 2003
Warrior of Light said:
What are your skills? Max BO, WC, Howl and BC? What part of his gear was found by himself?

Max BO, WC, Howl, and BC, with 1 point in Increased Stamina, Speed, Iron Skin and Natural Resists.

As for the gear, he found one of his Wizzys, the Viper, one of the warcries GCs, the bahamut's ring and both of his switch weapons. Everything else was twinked.