• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Guardian Selene

Toppo

Dec 21, 2003
Guardian Selene

Well, it took me some time but finally she's a Guardian. Selene is my first and only Assassin and was started long ago. Got her to act2 Hell in 1.10, but then I got bored with her and started some SC characters and forgot about her until a couple of days ago I felt like playing again with her. Now that I'm playing 1.11 and she had a Lem and a 3-sock armor in her stash I made Treachery and started playing. Two days later:

Guardian Selene
An untwinked HC Trapsin

Stats
Str - 79
Dex - 79
Vit - 282
Nrg - 50

Traps
Fire Blast - 20
Shock Web - 3
Charged Bolt Sentry - 13
Lightning Sentry - 20
Death Sentry - 20

Shadow Disciplines
1 point in all except 6 in Shadow Master

Martial Arts

Equipment:

Treachery
Light Plate
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 97
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 43
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xf6139579
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Lore
Rhyme
Witch-hunter's Blade Talons (+2 to Assassin skills)
Rare Gloves with resists and such crappy mods
Sigon's belt & boots
Trickster's Amulet (+2 traps)
Ocher Ring of Confusion (19% Li resist/level 1 Confuse)
Dwarf Star

1 trap skiller + MCs/SCs with life & resists

HF Merc
(Tooththrow + crappy rare helm & lance)

So, why claw/shield and not claw/claw? Well, I just couldn't find/shop a decent second claw. And she couldn't have gotten CBF from anywhere else. I would've also loved to make an Honor polearm for my merc but just didn't find a proper weapon.

A couple of screenies:

Something wrong here? Or has it always been like this?

The End + Baal's droppings

In 1.10 this would have been a rather deadly

Notable finds:
2x Lem (both Hellforges)
Ruby Jewel 36%
A couple of common EUs

Thoughts:
HC is now (1.11) much easier
Fire Blast is fun
BoS is good against the Ancients - when your merc dies in a second and SM doesn't seem to survive either, you'll just have to run around the Summit screaming like a little girl while laying traps and Fire Blasting that LI dude :D

Oh, right, no NDEs whatsoever :thumbsup:

skunkbelly

Nov 13, 2003
In a snow drift in Upstate NY.
Toppo said:
BoS is good against the Ancients - when your merc dies in a second and SM doesn't seem to survive either, you'll just have to run around the Summit screaming like a little girl while laying traps and Fire Blasting that LI dude :D

Hey, that was my tactic! :lol: Gratz on the Guardian!

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Good job and a big congrats on the guarian! :thumbsup:
Indeed fire blast is fun :D

Threachery is also a really good armour for trapsins, though some people might think the 45% IAS is useless it isn't, boosts trap laying speed a lot and helps fire blas more than anything. Nice that you got a lem for it in NM, but sorry you didn't get anything better in hell ;)

EnerSense

Feb 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Congrats on your Guardian! :thumbsup: Wish I could say more but I'm still somewhat of a noob to this game except when it comes to Tri-Elementaists. :)

Day

Jun 16, 2004
Greatplay and see you used the new Rune word as well.

I like fireblast as well! Tempted with a fire trapper - but seems the other fire skills aren't up to much. Maybe will give it a go anyway.

May 14, 2005
Well done! :thumbsup:

My level 74 HC untwinked trapper is a bit different. I have max Master and only 3 points in FB for extra blast to DS. Why only level 6 Master? Is FB really viable against LI? Have you any elite armor and helm to pre-buff the shadow?

What are you planning to do next?

Toppo

Dec 21, 2003
Warrior of Light said:
Why only level 6 Master?
I mostly used her only as a decoy rather than a tank. But when I felt like the dam from LS was enough I started putting points into SM.

Warrior of Light said:
Is FB really viable against LI?
Yes, after all you only need a couple of corpses to get that DS/CE chain working :thumbsup: