• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Grand Charm Help plz!

JinTheStrider

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Charm Help plz!

Hi
I am making a Conc PvP Build Barbarian,
10 conc 10 bo 10 bash 10 shout 10 axe mastery
and 1 into pre reqs and 1 point wonders :p
gear is as follows
perfect arreats
highlords
algelic ammy+ rings set on the side
2 ravenfrosts
ethereal valor +2 - still looking for a fort
verdungo
steelrends
gore riders
stormshield
grief berserker axe - ebotdz for fighting those without ladder gear

I was wanting to know if it would be best to go with

10 combat skill grand charms?
or
10 warcry grand charms? whats the plus to using these instead? alot more health??

note ill be using hopfully after all is said and done 40+lifers when set is complete.. if ever
i was thinking 10 grand charms and 9 +15-20life sc's and my anni sc

I prefer to keep my characters legit, and i have to combat other duelers using duped 3/20/20's and i dont want to stoop that that level to compete!

thanks for any and all advice in advance!

Halciet

Jun 26, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
I'll leave someone else to touching on your charm question, as I don't use grands myself; you can get plenty of legitimate x/xx/xx charms in large and small format without having to get 3/20/20. I'll instead touch on a couple of other things:

Why arn't you taking any skills to 20? Valor requires you be level 85 to wear it, so you're definately going to have a lot more skillpoints to use.

Likewise, consider dropping Bash for Ironskin. With your set-up, bash isn't going to do much of anything for you; you need an extremely powerful weapon AND an inventory full of max damage charms to really get any use out of it.

-Hal

JinTheStrider

Nov 16, 2003
yea thats just a typo, i was just typing everything up too fast and i let too much time go by to edit it
and grief is far from a weak weapon infact its damage potential is roughly 30% more than my perfect ebotdz

as the damage is constant

Halciet

Jun 26, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Right, which is why I said AND. Just a powerful weapon alone doesn't really constitute Bash for the point sink, and Ironskin has been shown to be more valuable on a BvB barb.

Assuming you had a grief that did, let's say, 450 max damage, 20 points of bash is only going to add another 450 points of damage to your attack. Not bad, but it's debatable whether it's worth the extra 20 skillpoints.

-Hal

JinTheStrider

Nov 16, 2003
i dont BvB tho,
I duel Paladins and druid werewolfs.
in private melee duel games

tho, i would like to know what kind of defense numbers id get with shout and ironskin with my gear if theres anyway to calculate that
if i can make it highly noticable that a paladin and or fury wolf cant hit me nearly as much then yes, it would definatly be worth it.
i just havent a clue what the defense numbers would be
and with all these weapons doing -25% to -33% target defense
and everyone wearing angelics, it seems to really negate going much over 30k defense and they drop your defense much lower to where their AR is letting them hit you easy, regardless of how high you get your defense

thats what i havent noticed so far on my paladin atleast, with way over 30k defense, anyone with those wep mods and angelics on, i might as well not even have high defense