• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Good rune word for 2 socket claw?

Aug 6, 2005
Phoenix
Good rune word for 2 socket claw?

I have a 2 socket cunning claw i was thinking about runewording does anyone have any suggestions. I know 1.09 runewords dont work anymore. So what about 1.10?

mckfroig

Sep 15, 2003
Nova Scotia
I'm sorry to say that if it's a cunning claw, as in +3 traps, it's a magic claw. And if it's a magic claw, it can't be runeworded. But you could maybe put some shaels in there to increase your trap laying speed or some resist jewels! Perhaps suggestions from more experienced players could help you out!

Good luck!

-Mckfroig

Glakor

Mar 12, 2005
claw u have now wont work with runewords, but if ur still looking for a good 2 socket claw runeword ur gonna wanna go with malice. cheap runes el ith i believe feel free to correct me if im wrong im too lazy to check. 100% ow need i say more? :thumbsup:

k/t

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Ith El Eth.

OW is not very useful in PvM, so "Strength" would be better because of leech and CB, which would make up for the pitiful damage.

Look on Arreat Summit and see which Runewords fit into claws. Besides the ones marked as claw-compatible, look at ones which will go into 2 or 3 socketed melee weapons.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Glakor

Mar 12, 2005
k/t said:
Ith El Eth.

OW is not very useful in PvM, so "Strength" would be better because of leech and CB, which would make up for the pitiful damage.

Look on Arreat Summit and see which Runewords fit into claws. Besides the ones marked as claw-compatible, look at ones which will go into 2 or 3 socketed melee weapons.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

i would have to completely disagree with the above statement on the grounds that a very popular strong pvm build for the assassin is a ninja utilizing modes such as ow in combo with bf. it would be very helpful if u went into more detail on wut the claw will be used for. just my 2 cents :uhhuh: