• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Good HC Barb ?

Dominik

Aug 16, 2005
Good HC Barb ?

Hey everyone
First off, It was about 2 and a half years since I quit d2.
I just read somewhere that d2 ladders were reset, and decided to give it a try again, and I just installed the game(like 10 mins ago).
Im looking to play on the Hardcore exp ladder as a Barbarian
Could anyone give me some good builts for HC barb ?
Its been so long that I almost 4got everything, all the builds and order etc.

Thanks

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
IK set Barb is the ultimate in economy. One decent forge drop will buy you the Armor while the rest of the pieces are pretty easily found or traded for with pgems... maybe not this early in the season, but soon enough. The build is pretty straight forward: max Battle Orders, Shout, Whirlwind, Mace Mastery; 1 in Natural Resist, Increased Speed, Berserk, Find Item, Battle Command (all the usual suspects); rest in Iron Skin.

The Concentrate build is a little better for untwinked play (starting all over like everyone had to a couple weeks ago) since you don't need to rely on Mana Steal so much. Aim for weapons with speed, Crushing Blow, and Deadly Strike; high listed damage isn't everything. Max Battle Orders, Shout, and Concentrate; the rest is pretty flexible.

Frenzy and Berserk builds also work, but are not really for the faint of heart (or the untwinked, for that matter). Frenzy + Life Tap + Crushing Blow is becoming a favorite for DClone and the Hellfire quest, but this sort of build isn't as cheap as the ones listed above.

Whatever build you choose, make sure you max out BO ASAP. Even the godliest Barbarians are partied more for their Warcries than for their killing speed or even their tanking ability.

Greex

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Warrensburg,Missouri
I agree with PhatTrumpet. Ik barbs are very easy to get the gear. They are very durable at pvm and they are an awsome set to use for mfing. My third mf character was an ik barb with 2xecho wep, and then in stash i had 2x2isted alibabas. Nothing beats a mf barb :)
They can run practically anywhere(but i like to avoid chaos). They can survive quite a bit and with full ik and one point in natural resist your resists will be pretty high. Definately make ur first barb an ik barb. Then you can use his finds to fuel a sorceress,zon,necro,and make a godly hammerdin. Good luck and a little advice since ur just starting hc. As soon as u find a unique wether it be biggins bonnet or griffons eye You should mule it off asap. You might regret it if you dont. The game lags sometimes so u could die =\
Anyways, Good luck with your barbarian and hope you prosper.

Dominik

Aug 16, 2005
Ok great
Thanks a lot for your help guys! :D
First I gotta beat normal diff to start hc char tho sigh lol
So far lvl 20 in act III
Peace