• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Golem strats in regards to Uber Trist

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Golem strats in regards to Uber Trist

I haven't faced the big three myself yet, but I've been thinking. Maybe dumping more points into a golem that can actually tank these guys would be useful for avoiding those nasty lightning attacks. The increased threat value of golems is highly evident when fighting normal bosses. If you had enough points in your CG for it to actually sustain a few hits, resummoning him on the far side of a boss while your minions do the real work could help greatly with damage control and might lower the need to get those resists cranked up. Summoners certainly have enough points to spare in order to crank up a CG and they can get insane HP in Hell difficulty. A CG at 30/30 has over 20,000 life.

Slipin

Feb 8, 2004
Gainesville, FL
From what I hear, I don't think any Necro build stands much of a chance. A CG maybe be able to take a hit or two, but when it comes down to it, it really isn't worth the investment.

Naja

Feb 15, 2005
Not necessarily, Slippin. It's harder for a Necro, so I hear, but with the right gear (namely a Might merc with Infinity, and a Beast Fanaticism aura for yourself, paired with about + 20 to summoning), a pure summoner with 20 in RS, SM, and some investments in Mages and Revives can field a legion of about 15 Skeletons that - with Amplify Damage - will do about 2000+ damage, whilst your Mages harass their healing, and your 20-some Revives tank them the **** up. Especially if those Revives were Urdars with crushing blow, you might just stand a chance. :clap:

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
I'm not sure warriors will last against that conviction aura. The key is finding a way to stay alive. Summoners can avoid physical attacks fairly easily and regular CEing should keep all the summoned minions at bay. I think the trick is revives made immune and some seriously stacked resists +absorb for the lightning and fire attacks and that's going to take a lot of charms. That could lead to a signifigant +skill gear reduction but Revives can be pretty tough. Summoning a host of poison mages before hand should cover the crazy regeneration rates. The solo summoner approach will definitely require a lot of restocking of minions so I think the poison mages getting a hit in will be pretty essential since they have such an insane duration.