• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Getting hit while leap attacking?

TheNoseKnows

Sep 14, 2012
Re: Getting hit while leap attacking?

How come this thread is completely devoid of posts?

EDIT: Ok, it looks like I just did a 10-year necro, lol. I really want to read this thread because I'm getting the feeling that melee monsters I leap over are somehow still able to hit me, and this thread seems to confirm my suspicions. Is this really the case?

Holy Dude

Aug 27, 2013
Tristram

I was duelling my friend, a ww Barb, and my smiter did manage to hit him while he was leaping. it may be a bug, or maybe it can still hit you at a certain point of leaping

onderduiker

Jan 24, 2008
Europe
www.theamazonbasin.com

While leaping, the Barbarian can still be hit by melee attacks and radial effects like auras, curses and explosions; he cannot collide with missiles, whether they are static or fired horizontally or vertically, unless he is directly above a ranged unit when it fires.

Holy Dude

Aug 27, 2013
Tristram

While leaping, the Barbarian can still be hit by melee attacks and radial effects like auras, curses and explosions; he cannot collide with missiles, whether they are static or fired horizontally or vertically, unless he is directly above a ranged unit when it fires.

So basically it's only for ranged attacks?

onderduiker

Jan 24, 2008
Europe
www.theamazonbasin.com

Missiles cannot normally collide with a leaping Barbarian, so this applies to ranged attacks but also ground fires like those of Fire Wall and Meteor.

However, even though a leaping Barbarian cannot be hit by something like a Fire Ball, if he is within radius of something that can be hit then its radial damage will still apply to him.