• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Gah! I'm second guessing myself now.

chipmc

May 17, 2004
Gah! I'm second guessing myself now.

I had the intention of making a lightning javazon with the ladder reset. But I've been reading up on lightning trappers and now I can't make up my mind.

I know both will run into problems with immunities. But both have the benefit of summonable tanks. And both are item independent.

Zons have passives...Sins have Weapon Block...

Lightning Fury frys cows...Death Sentry blows them up...

Argh! I can't decide. :lol:

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
They're both fun builds, but consider this:

1) Valk >> Shadow Master. I find SM to be incredibly annoying when she casts MB at random. She also fights like a girl.

2) Weapon block is overrated, IMO. So you can block 50% of elemental attacks. Big deal. It's an advantage, but not an incredible one. Zons can do that too with D/A/E. Plus, weapon block is nullified when you run, while Evade isn't.

3) Assassins get CoS, BoS, and Fade. MB is also great when it's not randomly cast.

4) DS isn't nearly as effective on 8-player games.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Zons can be effective hybrids

Lightning trappers can't, or much more poorly

zons for teh win

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Noodle Compound
Fire Blast is an extremely viable skill to take out lightning immunes. It looks massively cool too, the big arcs coming down and exploding.

I have a level 90 trapper and a level 92 LF zon. The LF zon is used exclusively for Pindle now, while the trapper is played for fun and is my best Baal runner. CoS means that Gloams get one chance at best to fry you, then you start laughing.

While I love both builds, if I were to go back to online play, I would start with a trapper.

- Noodle

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
I am second guessing myself too now. I wanted to make a Meteor/FOrb sorc since I would mf with her and equip my family of chars. However this is all gonna be untwinked, Sorc is not easy untwinked and I figured the Trappsin can run untwinked, and be very safe. She could run Baal and get phat loot that way. What are you MF thoughts guys?