• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Frenzy and Knockback

toolboy

Aug 1, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Frenzy and Knockback

Since I've just restarted, I don't have much stuff. I made a meteorb sorc to find some items, but I don't have the patience to do endless MF runs for all the nice goodies. I started a Frenzy barb (mace), who is level 45 in act 5 normal, and doing terrible damage. My sorc found a 3-socket tyrant club, and did enough Countess runs to get an Io to make the Black runeword. I know the damage isn't great, but I love the crushing blow. I'm concerned about the knockback. Seems kind of a waste to use frenzy but have to chase them everywhere. Anybody know how much of a problem this is?

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
The CB is good, but like you said, the KB will be a big hindrance.

Make honor or strength instead.

Also, try to get hold of a "Fleshrender" unique Barbed Club from MF or giveaways. It's probably the perfect weapon for your barb at this point.

EDIT: back already, NF? :lol:

Nightfish

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn't really aim to have knockback on my frenzy gear but if it's there it doesn't bother me. Just put frenzy on the right mouse button and hold that down and you're done.

Lucky_Seven

Aug 5, 2003
Portugal
I've Patted a Frenzy Barb using BK set and i LOVED the KB in the Green CB, with my finger always in Right Bottom the KB is very good, once you get the right playing Style. Frenzy the enemy's the KB gives you some space(is not like zeal where you must move to zeal again, with frenzy if you don't take your finger from the mouse you go after the monster in auto mode), with that you can keep the attack in the same monster or choose another one more dangerous(archer or shamens).

I will try to use KB in my next Frenzy Mace barb.

You Can try KB and CB using a Crushflange - Mace they are very cheap and easy to find.