• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Freezing Arrow & Bow Dmg.

SwampBox

Apr 30, 2005
GaNgStA viLLe
Freezing Arrow & Bow Dmg.

Questions:

Does Bow dmg help freezing arrow's dmg go up?
If im going freezing arrow should I only put as much dexterity as the bow needs?

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Well, if the bow adds to bow skills, yeah, it will add to FA damage because of it raising the skill level.

And second, I would continue to pump in the Dex, because you never know when you're gonna fight a CI enemy and the only thing saving you will be the physical damage from your bow.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
In a different sense, yes. The CA, and IA, damage is directly added to your bow damage:

You have an 80-100 bow, as stated above. You have a CA level of 20, with a level 20 IA, giving you a 240% Synergy Bonus.(whether you did this, I don't know, but I'm guessing you did.)

So, after the damage math, you come out to a grand total of 180.2-190.4 damage on CA alone.

Saying your bow does 80-100 as listed on the bow, and you have 200 dexterity, you would do 240-300. When you add the CA damage on to your regular bow damage, you have a 420.2-490.4 damage range, provided your enemy has no physical or cold resists, and you don't have ANY other damage modifiers. Of course, add extra damages on as you find them and put them on. ;)

What I meant about FA was that the Glacial Spike damage isn't added directly onto the damage, like CA and IA. Instead, taken from my zon's damage totals:

1408-1596
268-304
Note: I'm not playing her ATM, so I am not sure about her real damages, but this is an example anyway.

Notice that you have TWO damage lines instead of one.

So, upon striking, the arrow hits the enemy I struck for 1408-1596 damage, and THEN the GS kicks in, hitting the person I hit and everyone around him for 268-304. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that the damage is separated, and you can watch them drop differently- but that's irrelevant. :)

Pierce would be a major for this bow skill, because the GS will kick in each time the arrow attempts to hit an enemy, even in a miss, and the GS is an always-hit, even if the arrow doesn't. Hope that clears things up.