• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

fort or coh for smite?

ssunger

Jan 13, 2005
fort or coh for smite?

i heard that damage from fort doesnt do any for smite.......is it true?? than coh would be better for smiter? plz tell me and help me

Tethir

Mar 31, 2005
70% of the time, I personally would use an Enigma. Teleport gives you many different possibilities of escape and attack.

For example, if a Necro Prisons you, if you have no Enigma, you are as good as dead. Likewise with a Blizz sorc, running through a Blizzard is something I always try to avoid, and will teleport out instead of running out.

Tethir

Mar 31, 2005
70% of the time, I personally would use an Enigma. Teleport gives you many different possibilities of escape and attack.

For example, if a Necro Prisons you, if you have no Enigma, you are as good as dead. Likewise with a Blizz sorc, running through a Blizzard is something I always try to avoid, and will teleport out instead of running out.

Arutha

May 20, 2004
My smiter uses nigma for the +2 skills, crazy str bonus, and the 8% dmg reduction takes me up to the limit, I actually forget he has tele since I never use it. I use it since I am fine in the dmg and resist departments so I went for more life, but if you think you are lacking resists go coh or lacking dmg fort, although I also heard that the dmg bonus is not that great from fort on smite.

diet_sushi

Nov 28, 2004
If a Psn Necro Psn you instead of teleing with horrible FCR you could Desynch with charge perhaps :thumbsup:

Out of the choices Given Id go with COH Fortitude still adds the Full 300% ED with Smite but thats the only good mod on the armor With COH you Dont Pack as much of a Punch but you do get More like DR/Resists/Str/Skills

arcticknight

May 28, 2005
Chicago, IL
diet_sushi- plz take another look at fort
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+(1-1.5)-(99-148.5) To Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

there is also resists, good amount of life, and pretty good def.
idk about the armor for smite but i have coh and fort to be able to test them when i make my smiter sometime hopefully. they are both really good .

-Ferro-

Jun 25, 2003
Around my PC, actually.
Visit site
woot!omg!!

forti does not boost smite damge? Wrong! as well as ed% from phoenix. And with grief thats A LOT of damge (like 3.5k more average damage). Anyway enigma is still better, with Bo, the vita you earn gives tons of life and at the end double life is better than 20% more damage. Also some raw damage cals for smite with grief:

-GRief+HoZ=5k damge
-GRief+Phoenix=9k damage
-Grief+phoenix+forti=13k damage

Tested. Many times.