• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Fight Club: Bare-Knuckle Brawling!

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
Fight Club: Bare-Knuckle Brawling!

Hey all! Just thinking some weird D2 thoughts the other day and came up with this:

How about a Bare-Knuckle PvP Brawl Fight Club?

The register would be open to any character, but of course the *real* brawlers of D2 would do best: Paladins (Charge and Zeal, auras), Assassins (Kicks and Venom!), Barbarians (Bash, WW), and Druids (Fury, anyone?). The idea would be that, regardless of other equip, all contact would have to be made with bare knuckle/feet. I think, since other classes would be denied weapons, Assassins would have to go barefoot.

There would be no casting (no nuking people with spells while "bare-handed" - this is Fight Club, baby!), and all fights would have to be between two weaponless characters. Oh - and no auradins with Conviction - that's not bare-knuckle contact. I'm thinking all that should be allowed is bone-jarring, neck-snapping, tooth-loosening punches and kicks. Charms, of course, would be fine. I think Pre-buffing would be all right, too - just for entertainment's sake. Shields would be allowed - but only for defense.

Bouts would be held in NM, where the resists would be fair.

So . . . anyone interested? Am I nuts here, or would this be a blast? :lol:
 

Intolerance

Member
Jul 4, 2003
1,127
0
467
Tampa, FL
www.trueachievements.com
JanusJones said:
Hey all! Just thinking some weird D2 thoughts the other day and came up with this:

How about a Bare-Knuckle PvP Brawl Fight Club?

The register would be open to any character, but of course the *real* brawlers of D2 would do best: Paladins (Charge and Zeal, auras), Assassins (Kicks and Venom!), Barbarians (Bash, WW), and Druids (Fury, anyone?). The idea would be that, regardless of other equip, all contact would have to be made with bare knuckle/feet. I think, since other classes would be denied weapons, Assassins would have to go barefoot.

There would be no casting (no nuking people with spells while "bare-handed" - this is Fight Club, baby!), and all fights would have to be between two weaponless characters. Oh - and no auradins with Conviction - that's not bare-knuckle contact. I'm thinking all that should be allowed is bone-jarring, neck-snapping, tooth-loosening punches and kicks. Charms, of course, would be fine. I think Pre-buffing would be all right, too - just for entertainment's sake. Shields would be allowed - but only for defense.

Bouts would be held in NM, where the resists would be fair.

So . . . anyone interested? Am I nuts here, or would this be a blast? :lol:

Do you know how long it would take for someone with 2k life to die to punches? Especially if they had 75% blocking.........

This isn't Tekken 3- there's no possible strat here aside from "click and hold."
 

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
Intolerance said:
Do you know how long it would take for someone with 2k life to die to punches? Especially if they had 75% blocking.........

This isn't Tekken 3- there's no possible strat here aside from "click and hold."

Exactly - the fights wouldn't be over in 0.5 seconds anymore, based on who got the first hit.

How entertaining would that be? I'm sick of one-hit kills.

Also, you'd have to build a bare-knuckle brawler differently. More Strength than other chars, less Vitality. The Elemental damage from some build would be enough to take down a normal character anyway (I think my Holy Shocker has around a 7k Zeal bare-knuckled . . . and Venom + Dragon Talon? Ouch!). The idea is to have a bit more drama and originality thrown into your average duel - and let's not forget the sheer entertainment of it!
 

miroba

Member
Jan 23, 2005
106
0
33
33
cali
www.myspace.com
that sounds awesome man.
if i had a high melee character id join in, but im still rebuilding my account
there would be no shields so there cant be block.(wrestlers dont use shields)
the only problem is frost zealots would own everybody


edit: strength wouldnt help at all man becuz it doesnt effect the damage you do with your fists.
 

skihard

Banned
Jun 23, 2003
3,751
10
0
Michigan
Visit site
provided Palis didn't use freeze/shock/fire aura it could be a very fair fight and could still be over pretty quick. Barbs using bash or concentration can weild a good deal of damage bare handed. an anchantess can wield alot of bare handed damage and an assasin using kick can do a nice amout of bare foot dmg. a fan pali would also do a bit of dmg even without other auras. if i had the time to spend to build a bare fist dueler i'd way be into trying this.
 

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
skihard said:
provided Palis didn't use freeze/shock/fire aura it could be a very fair fight and could still be over pretty quick. Barbs using bash or concentration can weild a good deal of damage bare handed. an anchantess can wield alot of bare handed damage and an assasin using kick can do a nice amout of bare foot dmg. a fan pali would also do a bit of dmg even without other auras. if i had the time to spend to build a bare fist dueler i'd way be into trying this.

Ok - so no elemental auras for Paladins.

What about Venom for Assys? With Dragon Talon (easy to get 3 fps with Burst of Speed, you know!) wouldn't it be ridiculous?

Barbs sound like they'd be fun.

Sounds like not many people are interested . . . too bad :confused:
 

carrothers

Member
Jun 22, 2005
302
0
77
37
Des Moines, Iowa
www.justan.0nyx.com
I read somewhere, and can't remember where, that a sorceress can equip a high damage weapon, enchant themselves, and just plain dominate bare fisted.

I imagine it'd be built something like this:
20 Fire Mastery
20 Enchant
20 Telekenesis
20 Energy Shield
Rest to cold armor of choice

Some l33t gear, and you'd be good to go.
 

arcticknight

Member
May 28, 2005
502
0
120
Chicago, IL
no energy shield for the enchanter
just use shiver armor or frozen armor for cold dmg when u get hit(hope to sustain some dmg with damage reduce gear on)
enchant warmth and fire mastery max
rest in cold mastery/other cold armor
 

JanusJones

Member
Feb 10, 2005
546
0
0
St. Louis, MO, USA
Oscuro said:
Would a kicksin be allowed to wear boots? :lol:

Check my original post . . . I think that would count, under the circumstances, as a weapon - after all, it gives a base damage which is modified by ED, which other chars wouldn't be recieving. Sounds like there's some interest - should we try this out sometime, kids?