• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

fast cast rate

princeandrew

Banned
Jul 21, 2005
fast cast rate

does fast cast rate affect all spells?

because i heard somewhere that it has no bearing on meteor/frozen orb/blizzard...

k/t

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Those have a cast delay, i.e. you cannot spam them. FCR won't do anything in that case, but it's necessary for the commonly used Fire Ball, Chain & Plain Lightning, Charged Bolt, Ice Blast, and Teleport. The Arreat Summit will tell you which skills have a timer and which do not.

Mursilis

Aug 2, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
Following up about the timers for certain spells, I assume that these timers are spell dependent. By this I mean that if Firewall is case it has a timer, then spells are switched to Frozen Orb and this spell can be cast right away as it is not affected by the Firewall timer, and vice versa. I believe this is how it works, but wanted to confirm that.

Nov 18, 2004
MD, USA
Mursilis said:
Following up about the timers for certain spells, I assume that these timers are spell dependent. By this I mean that if Firewall is case it has a timer, then spells are switched to Frozen Orb and this spell can be cast right away as it is not affected by the Firewall timer, and vice versa. I believe this is how it works, but wanted to confirm that.

All spells use the same timer. If you cast Firewall, then you can not use any other timered spell until the Firewall timer finishes. (You can still cast non-timered spells while waiting for the timer to finish).

Mursilis

Aug 2, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
Ew, that makes my Firewall/Frozen Orb sorceress in SP not as good as I hoped. Still should work rather well, just not quite as quick as I hoped. Thanks for the info.

HardyTarget

Apr 14, 2005
Where the best items are
I can't answer to the threadmaker's question but as we are in the subject..
..I was wondering if there's a limit for fcr, 120 perhaps?
I remember hearing something like that but I'd like someone to confirm so I know how to set my equipment for my firesorc.

Thanks in advance.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
The only limit is how much FCR you can legitly have on your equipment, although reaching the higher breakpoints gets rather hard. For sorcs the last reachable breakpoint is 200% FCR.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
Also note that there are skills which seem to be spells, but they aren't, so FCR won't affect them. The actual traps from the assassin trap skill tree are an example.