• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Fant + Vengeance?

InZaneFlea

Aug 2, 2005
Fant + Vengeance?

Been looking at the build guides and wondering if anyone has ever done a build with vengeance as the main atk and Fantacism as the aura? It seems to me that when I do 2-8 dmg with my main weapon at level 1 with no skills, and throw in a full synergized Fant and Vengeance, and it's doing 50-80, that when my normal weapon does around 300-500 dmg, that this would do...A...Lot...Of damage?

Epsilon Eyez

Feb 17, 2005
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
I've heard of people doing this, however, I do not know the exact strategy or manifesto they have. I think they pump up the physical damage because Fanaticism helps it, and Vengeance elemental damage is based off the physical damage. Not too sure though.

Kyo

Jun 27, 2003
Imperium of Man
Visit site
Personally imo the whole point in using Vengeance it to utilise the Elemental damage ontop the physical attack. Therefore you would probably be better off focusing on Conviction to enhance your elemental damage rather than just focusing exclusive on AR and Dam because the conviction aura also lowers defence on the mobs that could help with not only (elemental)damage but also making the target that much easier to hit.

InZaneFlea

Aug 2, 2005
Well there's 2 ways to go.

1. Veng + Fant = High AR, very High damage.
2. Veng + Conv = Moderate AR, Normal damage, but lower defenses on enemies.

It's so hard to choose!

Daulmakan

Aug 2, 2005
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Conviction can also break immunities. If you're fighting against a monster immune to a certain element (and in some cases, to more than one), the increased damage from that element provided by Vengeance wouldn't harm it if you were using Fanaticism. If you go with Conviction against it, and if the skill level is enough to break that immunity, the enhanced damage from that element would actually do some harm to it. These attacks are slower, but from my experience, I find that I hit more often with the Vengeance/Conviction combo, and mana is used more efficiently in this manner, but this is just me.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Jun 23, 2003
but in all honesty, with fanatacism, youre basically adding another type of damage to the equation (physical) which is very helpful when it comes to leech etc etc...I havent had one of these baddies in a long time, but i think its high time i worked one out...besides, you can always give your merc the conviction stick "infinity" and then you have the best of everything...

ps, for avenger(if youre going with fanatacism), i would probably go with a death runeword in an eth zerker, or an eth botd zerker...depending if youre on ladder or not...

phelix

EIgenwijs99

Oct 5, 2004
i always thought conviction did way more dmg than fana but you have the ias problem... could just be me... but dmg shown isn't the actual dmg you do
cheers