• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Equiptment Questions

sikeyaout

Jul 29, 2005
Equiptment Questions

I have a few questions about equipting my hammerdin. :)

1) Somewhere I heard that if an item has +1 to a certain skill that any class can use(say, Enigma's teleport for example), that the other items that do "+x to all skills" affect the teleport. So if you had a shako and an enigma, you'd have a level 3 teleport. Yes, no? If yes, read on, if no, correct me. :)

I was planning to use a HOTO and HoZ as my main weapon and shield, and have CTA(because of the skills of course), and Lidless(just to have a shield there) as my switch. But, if the above fact is true, wouldn't it make more since to have another HoZ as my switch shield so that the skills CTA offers is increased in level?

So, finally, instead of using for example, Lidless, should I grab an extra HoZ and use it as my switch as well as main shield?

2) How does this equiptment look for a hammerdin? (I think I need more FCR)

Helmet: Harelquin's Crest(Um)
Amulet: Mara's Kaliedoscope
Weapon: Heart of the Oak
Switch Weapon: Call to Arms
Armor: Enigma
Shield: Herald of Zaknarum(Um)
Switch Shield: Lidless? Herald of Zaknarum?
Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Ring 2: Ravenfrost
Boots: Sandstorm Trek

Keep in mind, for the FCR, I'm not looking for something incredibly expensive, like a "GODLY PALIDAN CIRCLET +90 LIFE, 20% FCR, +skills, ETC(20hi) /w *godlytrader1912." I was looking for something more along the lines of several charms.

Any tips?

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Ok on the engima question, if you had enigma + shako you would have lvl 5 tele. +2 from enigma + 2 from shake +1 tele from enigma = 5.

Also with cta, the war cries are only affected by +all skills gear not +char class gear. So that wouldn't work.

I would say your gear looks fine, only diff mine has is tgods instead of spider and magefists instead of trangs. Also 2 x soj for him instead of soj + raven.

EDIT: WOOT 300 posts :clap:

sikeyaout

Jul 29, 2005
Oh, good points. -- What shield would you suggest for switch?

For the Shako + Enigma thing -- bah, dumb mistake, but it was only an example. Oh well, you got the gist. :)

And, also about the Ravenfrost, are you sure? I like the "Cannot be Frozen," I've found it rather useful.

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
lidless will work for switch w/ cta. I guess its a matter of personal preference, I like 2 soj but 1 soj + raven would work well too gotta love the dex boost and the cbf.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I would switch those out for Magefists unless you lack cold resists.

I would suggest a Spirit if you have one. It has more +skills than Lidless.

And, also about the Ravenfrost, are you sure? I like the "Cannot be Frozen," I've found it rather useful.
Cast rate is not affected when you're frozen so casters such as a hammerdin don't really need the cannot be frozen mod.

sikeyaout

Jul 29, 2005
Hm, maybe I'll think about trading for a Spirit(sucks that I can't make it since I'm non-ladder -- they are so cheap to make).

As for the RF, thanks for the tip. I'll trade it and get another SoJ.

I'll have max resists, so I'll trade my Trang's.

garion

Apr 8, 2005
San Francisco
sikeyaout said:

+2 all skill (+~100mana, +25-35% fcr)

but the all skills will boost your cta by one more...and spirits arent too hard to make..cept right now since everyone is scrambling to make them....

sikeyaout said:
I have a few questions about equipting my hammerdin. :)

1) Somewhere I heard that if an item has +1 to a certain skill that any class can use(say, Enigma's teleport for example), that the other items that do "+x to all skills" affect the teleport. So if you had a shako and an enigma, you'd have a level 3 teleport. Yes, no? If yes, read on, if no, correct me. :)

I was planning to use a HOTO and HoZ as my main weapon and shield, and have CTA(because of the skills of course), and Lidless(just to have a shield there) as my switch. But, if the above fact is true, wouldn't it make more since to have another HoZ as my switch shield so that the skills CTA offers is increased in level?

So, finally, instead of using for example, Lidless, should I grab an extra HoZ and use it as my switch as well as main shield?

2) How does this equiptment look for a hammerdin? (I think I need more FCR)

Helmet: Harelquin's Crest(Um)
Amulet: Mara's Kaliedoscope
Weapon: Heart of the Oak
Switch Weapon: Call to Arms
Armor: Enigma
Shield: Herald of Zaknarum(Um)
Switch Shield: Lidless? Herald of Zaknarum?
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Ring 2: Ravenfrost
Boots: Sandstorm Trek

Keep in mind, for the FCR, I'm not looking for something incredibly expensive, like a "GODLY PALIDAN CIRCLET +90 LIFE, 20% FCR, +skills, ETC(20hi) /w *godlytrader1912." I was looking for something more along the lines of several charms.

Any tips?

#1 the enigma does get bonus from +to all skills when I used enigma mine was 3 i think
#2 yeah spirit is preety good for skills so hold on to that for a while