• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

- % enemy resistances questions

DarkHelmet

Jul 14, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
- % enemy resistances questions

i'be been wondering. if i manage to get enough - % enemy resistances from items, will it break immunities? If so, how much do i need?

Shade

Jun 24, 2003
Cornwall, UK
Visit site
-% enemy resist items can't break immunities. If you can break them by other means (ie. Lower Resist or Conviction) they will work as normal on the now non-immune monsters.

Remember that LR and Conviction only work at 1/5th their listed percentage against immune monsters.

mathil

Jun 22, 2003
tx
there are 2 spells that break immunities: lower res (necro) and conviction (pally). and they only work at a 20% efficiency when breaking immunities. all monsters are given a number value for resistance. if it is over 100, they are immune.

examples: a lvl 17 lower res is -60% (plus or minus two). if a monster is immune, it will be lower res by 60*.2=12. if the monster has 111 or less res, the immunity is broken. if the monster has 112 or more res, the immunity stands.

-res items and cold mastery will work wonders, but only when the immunity is already broken.

m0nk

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Speaking of that, a little OT but, there should be a runeword with Lower Resists built in like TP with Enigma...how sweet that would be.

mathil

Jun 22, 2003
tx
the ones that do. its just another charge thing like amulets with teleport charges. you just have to find a wand that has it.