• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Early Ladder Windfalls

magnet

Dec 13, 2004
usa
Early Ladder Windfalls

It has been my experience that early in a new ladder, the "powers that be" seem to be in uncharacteristically generous spirits. Alot of people experience drops out of nowhere that [at the least] compete with what was top-tier at the end of the previous season.

this seems to be true with drops, gambles and imbues....i remember last season an imbue from the first week..a 177 bhammer...held its title as highest dmg bh all season....

i myself got a din scepter to drop first week that was the sexiest din scepter on ladder all season...

so...right about now...these early ladder windfalls should be popping up all over the place...and heres the place to share them.

have you found something "Gee Gee" on ladder already? have you /f m OMFG !!!!! I JUST FOUND ______?

post your finds here.

im curious.

as far as me...i found a cool armor....probably the best armor i've mf'd myself.......but nothing really jaw dropping, ive ownd many much better, but here:

Yellow Scale Mail
24fhr
55life
27cold resist
24fire resist
dmg reduction

not bad for like 3 or 4 hours into ladder...

post yours.

Jun 9, 2005
Eastern South Dakota
Hah

I have been searching for a cracked scimitar, but thus far, no such luck.

You guys know anyone hit with the bannings? I'm #1 in west who isn't banned (character sLo-Jam lv 74 Necromancer) and I'm not sure about east ladder, but plenty of people were banned there too. Looks like blizz really followed through with punishing hacks. Although I've heard from several people that there is duping occuring on expansion, it seems like blizz maybe over reacted to mh? permanent CD key ban? I dunno, what do you guys thinK?

And... truthfully. Right now my OMFG item is my twitch.. hah. But my friend found a soj off NM cs the second day of ladder, so that is maybe worth mentioning :)

magnet

Dec 13, 2004
usa
bans were pretty widespread....

there was easily 30 people sitting in channel when i got on last night, cloaked in open bnet robes moaning and complaining :lol:

i'd say the majority of the upper ladder got banned, with just a few people managing to dodge the bullet...

i've never used any 3rd party programs in the past, and its a sure bet i didnt start with the first slip-slapped together maphack released immediately following a patch aimed at curbing cheating on the realms :cool:

heh.

im pro-banning. ban em all. they'll be back. lol.

Poison Arts

Jul 10, 2005
Shard off The Infector Of Souls in NM CS was my best drop so far. Haha, I don't have enough dex to use it though, and there is no way I'm tossing away stats into it.

Also got some pretty ok 17 FHR, dual resist, +life ghost armor as well.

Not much to report overall though.

Fearlessone

Jul 28, 2003
UsWestsc
You guys know anyone hit with the bannings? I'm #1 in west who isn't banned (character sLo-Jam lv 74 Necromancer) and I'm not sure about east ladder, but plenty of people were banned there too. Looks like blizz really followed through with punishing hacks. Although I've heard from several people that there is duping occuring on expansion, it seems like blizz maybe over reacted to mh? permanent CD key ban? I dunno, what do you guys thinK?

A close friend of mine had his lvl 56 paladin banned for mh. It was sort of sad cuz this guy just got out of the hospital after surgery, and is one-handed for awhile. He told me "I'll bet since I was banned that lots of those ppl high on ladder were too" and he was right. Odd thing is, one of his best playing friends was banned several years ago, a lvl 97 necro on classic!...for using mh. You would think some of these people would learn... :bonk:

I saw an uncloaked barb named Viper about 10:30 last nite Pacific std time, lvl 87, #1 on USWest sc ladder in a trade channel, and msg'd him, but no answer. Curious to know whether alot of ppl we saw last nite had been logged in for days, and perhaps a logout is only way to prevent them from re-logging into their acct. Just my theory. :spy:

Lag Report: which may mean duping, and not just bots and surplus ppl playing. The lag spikes which were ruining the game for the past 2 months were largely cleared up with 1.11 patch. I experienced only one 10 second lag spike each of the 3 days I played that week. But NOW, after the reset, there is awful lag for hours at a time. These are not long lag spikes, but seem to be ping related. I have to cast spells constantly so that some can get thru. Fortunately, my chars are so low, that dying doesnt matter. Some games are just intolerable, I was in an old realm, nl, classic game, that just got horrible for everyone, best to just leave and make new game.

Mh trojans: this was reported on the first day of the reset. People were getting this new mh days earlier, I suspect, and word of ppl losing accts from passwords being stolen were abundant on Monday.

Murrogh

Apr 18, 2005
WI, Useast ladder
The bannings were very widespread.
CS games have all but ceased due to the ammount of high lvl bannings on east.
I made some friends while lvling up during the first days of ladder.
I haven't seen any of them since the big ban.

I haven't found much good so far.

pretty much my best gear is some dual high resist fhr gear. and a shard which seems to be in demand. (I dont use because of high dex req)

Lyrs

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Found a gull dagger in a trist game. I would've never had a chance prior to mh and pickit being disabled.

Poison Arts

Jul 10, 2005
CS games have all but ceased due to the ammount of high lvl bannings on east.

Yup. I just logged off East and there were only 5 public hell games up. On top of that I believe all except one of these had only one player in them.

I'm not sure how to feel about this oddly enough. Obviously I'm happy that it appears Blizzard may finally be stepping up and condemning hacks to level the playing field for us legit players, but I'm also a little disappointed that they probably killed the new ladder just as it was starting. I was hoping to join some public games and finish hell difficulty and then start CS'ing, but it looks like that is out the window now...

Taft12

Oct 30, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Killed the new ladder my ***! For the first time, legit players have a chance of holding high spots without getting blown away by the advantages MH players have (such as experience shrines being highlighted on the map and faster MF runs). If this continues, it could be the best indicator of true D2 skill we've ever had. Let the bannings continue in earnest!

Poison Arts

Jul 10, 2005
What's the point in being the best at something that nobody plays?

It'll be interesting to see how many people bother to come back a month from now, and if they continue to cheat...

OkHello

Jul 20, 2005
Netherlands
Imp Guard
Tower Shield

30% Faster Block Rate
+20% Increased Blocking
+1 To Strenght
Lightning Resist +18%
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +13%
Attacker Takes Damage Of 6

Now I know the shield is far from perfect, but I like it.

magnet

Dec 13, 2004
usa
found a +1 din 10/30/20 19priz defender yesterday.

or maybe it was the day before....

i need to sleep more..

:eek:

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
magnet said:
found a +1 din 10/30/20 19priz defender yesterday.

or maybe it was the day before....

i need to sleep more..

:eek:

lol! You heard about that Korean guy who died playing too much didn't you? Make sure you take bathroom and eating breaks. Who needs sleep! :lol:

aznrice1869

Feb 2, 2005
Fearlessone said:
A close friend of mine had his lvl 56 paladin banned for mh. It was sort of sad cuz this guy just got out of the hospital after surgery, and is one-handed for awhile. He told me "I'll bet since I was banned that lots of those ppl high on ladder were too" and he was right. Odd thing is, one of his best playing friends was banned several years ago, a lvl 97 necro on classic!...for using mh. You would think some of these people would learn... :bonk:

I saw an uncloaked barb named Viper about 10:30 last nite Pacific std time, lvl 87, #1 on USWest sc ladder in a trade channel, and msg'd him, but no answer. Curious to know whether alot of ppl we saw last nite had been logged in for days, and perhaps a logout is only way to prevent them from re-logging into their acct. Just my theory. :spy:

Lag Report: which may mean duping, and not just bots and surplus ppl playing. The lag spikes which were ruining the game for the past 2 months were largely cleared up with 1.11 patch. I experienced only one 10 second lag spike each of the 3 days I played that week. But NOW, after the reset, there is awful lag for hours at a time. These are not long lag spikes, but seem to be ping related. I have to cast spells constantly so that some can get thru. Fortunately, my chars are so low, that dying doesnt matter. Some games are just intolerable, I was in an old realm, nl, classic game, that just got horrible for everyone, best to just leave and make new game.

Mh trojans: this was reported on the first day of the reset. People were getting this new mh days earlier, I suspect, and word of ppl losing accts from passwords being stolen were abundant on Monday.

viper(zach) didn't get banned he quit yesterday, but syk-dienasty did, he would be 90-91 by now. but he made a new pally hm nd it's already 87 right now.

it was funny, not even a week of ladder nd over 50000 accs got banned. ez ladder this season

Nyris

Jul 26, 2005
over there :points:
Taft12 said:
For the first time, legit players have a chance of holding high spots without getting blown away by the advantages MH players have (such as experience shrines being highlighted on the map and faster MF runs). If this continues, it could be the best indicator of true D2 skill we've ever had. Let the bannings continue in earnest!

i strongly agree

Murrogh

Apr 18, 2005
WI, Useast ladder
I think banning hackers was a good thing to do... but they should have done it all along, not right as new ladder was starting. it essentially killed the classic ladder. I rarely see more than 4 games in hell difficulty in the eastern classic ladder. which makes it almost like playing single player.

magnet

Dec 13, 2004
usa
aww my friend jay got his hands on a sexy sexy red bone helm yesterday.. :eek: ..were this last season it would have been the best bone helm [at least that i'd seen] on the realm. im sure i'll be the best on west for a while..

approximate mods:

10FHR
xxEnergy
35 life
29 cold res
27 light res

i probably fudged that up slightly, but its like , give or take a point, and close enough.

i've got a bit of a thing for bone/grim helms, and am admittedly jealous. thats really sad i guess when i think about it... :eek:

'thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's pixels.'