• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Earliest clvl your HC char died? 1.10

Death_StrikeR

Jun 23, 2003
Philippines
Earliest clvl your HC char died? 1.10

What caused it?
Any details is much appreciated...
(clvl, build, caused of death, location, twinked/untwinked, etc)

cheers!

/davedexterz

atigdng

Jun 15, 2004
Beijing
Den of Evil :lol: yep!

Corpsefire hit me with cold and there were 3 shamans there with there clan, clvl was 3 a sorceress. I have no clue what the build was going to be, I haden't spent any points yet!

Thrugg

Jun 23, 2003
San Francisco CA
Untwinked, I have had a death to normal Diablo.
Twinked, I am yet to lose one before Hell.

Still no Guardians though from >20 attempts (sigh).

DuesNox

Jun 22, 2003
New Hampshire
I think my earliest hardcore death was that 'rakinesh'(spelling?) guy guarding the stones for Cain. I think it was one of my first hardcore characters I have ever made and wasn't too cautious with him.

Summoned

Jul 1, 2004
Act 3 normal. The untwinked base-vita paladin got surrounded by some champion ape-type critters in the spider forest.

Nightfish

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
42. Got bored with my hammerdin and decided to just turn vigor on, have spellsteal on my main weapon switch and run through act 2 with about 70-100 unspent stat points. I guess I shouldn't have eaten and watched TV at the same time... >_< Curiosity killed the cat but overconfidence killed the boradin.

San

Jul 15, 2004
Finland
Andariel "killed" my All Alone -tourney Necro. Ran out of potions, and bolts (I had an Xbow on switch), so I decided to drop out, and go buy loads of potions to whip Andys butt.

SourImplant

Jul 11, 2005
Mooresville, NC
Oh, I can't remember which Tourney is was. The All Alone Tournament, I think. I had a Necro, clvl 4, who was killed in the little entrance tunnel between the Blood Moore and the Cold Plains.

I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more.

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
Don't play hardcore for one simple reason, I have only twice gotten past Duriel normal without dying, once. The first was my dual elemental druid the second was my (get this, Magi_Barb). both completely wierd builds got right past him, other builds like my trapper end up dying atleast once to him.

I need to start playing Hardcore, but I hate losing things I spend so much time making (plus I have a wife who loves to interupt me mid game, I have died more times that way :mad: ).

Death_StrikeR

Jun 23, 2003
Philippines
Uzziah said:
Don't play hardcore for one simple reason, I have only twice gotten past Duriel normal without dying, once. The first was my dual elemental druid the second was my (get this, Magi_Barb). both completely wierd builds got right past him, other builds like my trapper end up dying atleast once to him.

I need to start playing Hardcore, but I hate losing things I spend so much time making (plus I have a wife who loves to interupt me mid game, I have died more times that way :mad: ).
Me... i was forced to play HC...
To give way to my unique attitude...(lately)...
That I tend to lost my interest in my SC char who will die even just once....so.... yeah.. if he dies even more... I cursed him and even planning on deleting him ^_^
quite strange indeed :D

Dodgydave

Jul 16, 2003
New Zealand
Lvl 76 Untwinked Fanatic Zealot in Act 1 Hell. Died to a FE explosion from a walking dead/Zombie type critter.

I've only played 3 other HC characters, a sin who's currently in Act 1 NM, a strafer who's act 3 Normal and a summon necro who's about Act 4 normal. I tend to get bored of them for some reason.

Tournai Solum

Jul 24, 2005
Under level 10, around level 7, I guess.

It was an Amazon. My first, actually. Silly choice, I guess. Anyways, I think it was Bishibosh that got me.

>.> I did a few Bishi runs after that to get revenge.

ron

Sep 28, 2004
Kentucky
Multiple PK incidents on Bnet, a few dumb mistakes single player. I have lost one or two in the Den of Evil, Blood Raven killed one, boss pack of spear chicks in cold plains killed my level 4 assassin. I was just trying to get the WP. Loads of fun.