• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Dupers strike EverQuest...

marshaldwm2

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
There are at elast a few simple ways Blizzard can stem the tide of selling dupes.

First, tell Ebay that you do not allow them to be sold. Then Ebay will yank those auctions and not allow more of them. Other Online computer games have done so, specifically Everquest.

Second, as a continuation of this policy, work against the item sites you see bots for all the time. Tell them that selling the items is illegal and most ISPs will stop the website. Sure, some are on foreign servers, but you can at least get the ones in the states.

Seriously limit the number of accounts for each CD key. Even ten would be a low enough number to put a crimp in the dupers.

And finally track how many Cdkeys are being used from a single Internet address. If there are morethan 2 or 3 you probably have duper.

Sure none will be a magic pill, but all will put a crimp on dupers without hurting legit players. I cannot see a legit player needing more than 10 accounts (most I have ever had was 6, and that was too many) or 2 CDkeys for self-rushing.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Money talks and blizzard's recent actions are way too little and way too late, like 2-3 years too late

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
money does indeed talk. everquest has a subscription fee. thus it can devote more resources to solving problems. diablo 2 is free to play online.

stupidnoobme

Aug 7, 2005
not to beat the same dead horse over and over, but I just don't get why all the sudden Blizzard "cares" about d2 and bans everybody just because of a program that lets you see the full map of an area, but people making thousands of dollars making and selling dupes and people still using d2 loader and things like that have not and will not be addressed. I don't wanna start contraversy here or be another lame whiner, but you can't honestly tell me that mh was d2's biggest problem. lol it's just not true. I'm sure some people would say they are addressing duping by doing there little scans and deleting dupes and this and that, but it's not being addressed, that scan crap's a joke, and if you do lose a duped soj or somethin else you can go on ebay and buy another for like $1.00 or less. Not to mention duped runes, if you socket a duped rune it nor the item it was socketed into will poof. Blizzard should altogether stop worrying about d2 like they did in the 1.09 and 1.10 days and either build d3 or leave it ALL alone. :rolleyes:

Nolomite

Jun 27, 2004
Maphack IS the most widespread abuse - and if Blizz thinks they have an effective countemeasure, there's no problem in employing it. Just because you would rather see them solve the dupe-bug problem first does not invalidate their efforts to solve other problems.

And your solution of 'just let the game go to hell without putting up any fight' is childish. They've spent many hours developing something that many thousands of people still enjoy, and still spend money on, and they'd be foolish just to abandon it. When they DO launch Diablo 3 you can rest assured it will have a monthly fee, and you'll realize just what a good thing a free and USEABLE Diablo 2 is.

Ãœber

Aug 12, 2005
Act 5
marshaldwm2 said:
There are at elast a few simple ways Blizzard can stem the tide of selling dupes.

First, tell Ebay that you do not allow them to be sold. Then Ebay will yank those auctions and not allow more of them. Other Online computer games have done so, specifically Everquest.

Second, as a continuation of this policy, work against the item sites you see bots for all the time. Tell them that selling the items is illegal and most ISPs will stop the website. Sure, some are on foreign servers, but you can at least get the ones in the states.

Seriously limit the number of accounts for each CD key. Even ten would be a low enough number to put a crimp in the dupers.

And finally track how many Cdkeys are being used from a single Internet address. If there are morethan 2 or 3 you probably have duper.

Sure none will be a magic pill, but all will put a crimp on dupers without hurting legit players. I cannot see a legit player needing more than 10 accounts (most I have ever had was 6, and that was too many) or 2 CDkeys for self-rushing.

"diablo" cant just tell "ebay" to stop selling items...

and "diablo" cant just stop the bot sites

Blizzard can sue those bot sites, i think, and bnet cant limit account per cd keys, accounts are made by agreeing to the rules, right? if people would follow those rules in the first place there would be no need for them to limit accounts